Shoild I sell the Chanel boy to get a reissue?

I have several boys (Small, Old Medium and New Medium), two re-issue (225, 226) and classic flap (square and rectangular mini). They are really different bags and I wouldn't say one is better than another. I go for my Boys when I want an edgier look. My re-issue is super comfortable - they sit better against the body and the strap/chain is way more comfortable than the boy. I also find that closing and opening is far easier with my re-issue. Not that it matters but I always get compliments when I wear my boys but never with the re-issue.

I have the small Reissue and the mini. Definitely more room in the Reissue. I love them both. They are my most used bags. I'd sell the Boy. The Reissue is more classic and refined. When I try on the Boy, it's always too boxy and I feel like I'm trying too hard to be hip.

Yes, "the Reissue is more classic and refined". Well said. I would sell the boy.

Reactions: coxswain1
Lol. I'm in the opposite boat as you. I was thinking of selling my reissue for a boy but mainly because I have the 227 size and it's a little too big for my needs now. But I've decided to keep it. It's a classic and the leather is so durable. Now I'm just thinking of saving up for a boy or getting one preloved [emoji38]
Do you think if you had a smaller boy you might like it more?

Reactions: fifaii and OCMomof3
Lol. I'm in the opposite boat as you. I was thinking of selling my reissue for a boy but mainly because I have the 227 size and it's a little too big for my needs now. But I've decided to keep it. It's a classic and the leather is so durable. Now I'm just thinking of saving up for a boy or getting one preloved [emoji38]
Do you think if you had a smaller boy you might like it more?
That's funny. I think I'm just trying to see if I have redundancy in my collection as I don't want to feel like I'm hoarding bags. Lol. But I also don't want to regret selling too soon. I feel like the smaller boy might fit a size that's missing in my collection I guess but I don't think I need two black long shoulder bags. So I think I'm just missing a size that I want but am pretty sure if it's a black bag in the 2.55 small or old medium boy I would pretty much stop using the new medium boy. I dunno. This bag stuff is confusing me!

Hello! I like my Chanel boy in new medium in black caviar leather. However I'm debating on whether I should get a black 2.55 reissue in small as I already have a black classic jumbo. I think the size of my boy is too big as I originally got it because I didn't think I would ever be able to find my black jumbo in chevron caviar. I also feel the reissue may be more classic and less trendy. However I also have a black mini and feel that perhaps a 2.55 small would fit as much as a mini - in which case maybe I should just keep the boy. What do you guys think? I still used boy when I want a casual looking shoulder bag. :smile:
The reissue is a beautiful, understated classic. Since it has the distressed leather, it can be dressed up or down. I love my 225 reissue!

Reactions: OCMomof3 and Ramai
Glad to hear that you are hanging on to your boy! You can get a reissue on the second hand market quite easily as the resale value is not as high as the cfs...

Do you have the mini and small re-issue in the same color? I have a black rectangular mini and would want a black re-issue to replace my black boy. Do you feel that it's too redundant to have both in black?

Never too much black! I've a so black mini, black reissue and a black jumbo and I've never thought of selling any of them because they're black. The small reissue definitely fits more in my mini (it's more of a Tetris kinda bag where you need to place your essentials in a way that fits). If you're a cross body kind of person then I say reissue because the boy is too boxy to be worn cross bodied. If you can afford it then keep all of them!

I really like the look of the Boys - they are so edgy. However they don't work for me - I had the small and old medium and I sold both away, no regrets. I admire the Boys on other ladies :smile: the Boys are too heavy to me and the chains straps drive me crazy.

My reissues get no compliments from my community of friends and relatives [emoji23]I can understand, it took me several years before I love them. I love them not at first sight, but after wearing them. They are so light, classic and grow on you. When I have nothing to do on the train I admire the beautiful engravings on the chains :smile:

Function and form both matters to me. I will let go of a bag if it doesn't function for me. I know this sounds very conflicted as we invest much emotions into our beautiful bags.

Reactions: TraceySH
I really like the look of the Boys - they are so edgy. However they don't work for me - I had the small and old medium and I sold both away, no regrets. I admire the Boys on other ladies :smile: the Boys are too heavy to me and the chains straps drive me crazy.

My reissues get no compliments from my community of friends and relatives [emoji23]I can understand, it took me several years before I love them. I love them not at first sight, but after wearing them. They are so light, classic and grow on you. When I have nothing to do on the train I admire the beautiful engravings on the chains :smile:

Function and form both matters to me. I will let go of a bag if it doesn't function for me. I know this sounds very conflicted as we invest much emotions into our beautiful bags.
I don't get compliments on my reissue either; or maybe I don't wear it out too much[emoji3]. Ah well. I think they are beautiful nonetheless.

Reactions: Daosabao