Shoild I sell the Chanel boy to get a reissue?

Jun 20, 2016
Hello! I like my Chanel boy in new medium in black caviar leather. However I'm debating on whether I should get a black 2.55 reissue in small as I already have a black classic jumbo. I think the size of my boy is too big as I originally got it because I didn't think I would ever be able to find my black jumbo in chevron caviar. I also feel the reissue may be more classic and less trendy. However I also have a black mini and feel that perhaps a 2.55 small would fit as much as a mini - in which case maybe I should just keep the boy. What do you guys think? I still used boy when I want a casual looking shoulder bag. :smile:

Lola24

O.G.
Jul 11, 2006
A small reissue definitely fits more than a mini... I feel like there is still a small, medium, and large version of reissues out there along with a mini. Formerly known as a 225, 226, and 227.... the mini was the 224. I'm a fan of the reissue, as much as I like the boy bags I have concern that they may not stand the test of time like cc and reissue flaps have and will continue to.... I'd love to get a boy WOC but I think that when it comes to a full size bag I'd always chose a reissue over a boy.

Reactions: jpezmom
Jun 20, 2016
A small reissue definitely fits more than a mini... I feel like there is still a small, medium, and large version of reissues out there along with a mini. Formerly known as a 225, 226, and 227.... the mini was the 224. I'm a fan of the reissue, as much as I like the boy bags I have concern that they may not stand the test of time like cc and reissue flaps have and will continue to.... I'd love to get a boy WOC but I think that when it comes to a full size bag I'd always chose a reissue over a boy.
Thank you for your reply. I really do like my boy, but I feel like the re-issue is more classic as well. I'm wondering if I just feel like i'm missing a size in my collection, or if I'm just pining for a reissue. Thank again!

Jun 20, 2016
I have the small Reissue and the mini. Definitely more room in the Reissue. I love them both. They are my most used bags. I'd sell the Boy. The Reissue is more classic and refined. When I try on the Boy, it's always too boxy and I feel like I'm trying too hard to be hip.
Do you have the mini and small re-issue in the same color? I have a black rectangular mini and would want a black re-issue to replace my black boy. Do you feel that it's too redundant to have both in black?

Apr 24, 2009
I would only sell if I dont use it/not liking it after using it, and if I get a good price to let it go. 2.55 reissue should be able to fit more than the mini rectangular, though not a lot more due to the double flap. Perhaps you want to check them out in your nearest boutique & see if you like them?

I love boy & reissue, & i think both of them has a different purpose on my outfits.

coxswain1

Dec 6, 2013
PV Estates, CA
I have a black Reissue and a charcoal gray rectangle mini. I just sold my small black classic flap because it was too much black. But I don't think a mini and a Reissue both in black is too redundant. Different looks. I would buy a black mini if I stumbled on one. I'd love to get my hands on a four hole black mini one day.

Do you have the mini and small re-issue in the same color? I have a black rectangular mini and would want a black re-issue to replace my black boy. Do you feel that it's too redundant to have both in black?

lovieluvslux

That bag is fine!
O.G.
Oct 17, 2010
Hello! I like my Chanel boy in new medium in black caviar leather. However I'm debating on whether I should get a black 2.55 reissue in small as I already have a black classic jumbo. I think the size of my boy is too big as I originally got it because I didn't think I would ever be able to find my black jumbo in chevron caviar. I also feel the reissue may be more classic and less trendy. However I also have a black mini and feel that perhaps a 2.55 small would fit as much as a mini - in which case maybe I should just keep the boy. What do you guys think? I still used boy when I want a casual looking shoulder bag. :smile:
You already answered your question. Go with the re-issue. The look of the re-issue will be around forever.

contributor

Mar 6, 2015
You say you feel the Boy is too big. In that case sell it. Boy and Reissue are completely different so even if you kept both there's no duplication. I wear my Boy with jeans and Doc Marten shoes

Reactions: jpezmom

charlie_c

May 18, 2013
I have an old med boy and a med (226) reissue, both in black and rhw. While I can wear either on almost any outfit, they certainly give a completely different vibe. Which do I end up wearing typically is dependent on my mood and the other accessories I feel like wearing. I personally wouldn't replace one with the other.

LibJames

Oct 28, 2011
Indianapolis
I personally think they are such different bags that you can't really substitute one for the other. I have a boy, a vanity and my eye is on the reissue next. [emoji4] That being said, I think that you know in your heart of hearts what you'll use more - and if you're not using your boy there is no need for it to sit around and collect dust. Good luck in your decision!