Shiny oak leopard - now an endangered species?!

I spotted that just after it was listed this afternoon. A BNWT OL Alexa is a rare thing alright. The 0 could mean nothing much at all - aren't customer returns stamped 0 too? I know from past experience with 0 stamps - it can be impossible to see what the issue is.
It wouldnt surprise me at all, but that this thread has brought some OLs out of hiding.

I see the seller has listed an OL LL Wallet too. I wonder does she have any other little treasures?

I worked for Mulberry when these first came out, I have to say I'm not a fan personally. I think you get pickier with the bags when you handle them every day though.

I think quite a few of us weren't fans when they first came out lozzaa - I personally thought they were quite blingy back then and not my thing at all! I then got an OL Alexa purse, followed by an OL pouch, followed by months of turmoil and eventually a huge hole in my bank balance!:biggrin:

Did you work in a store, or at Head Office? What's your personal favourite?

I wasn't a fan either when I first saw it. I thought it was way too blingy. Then I saw it modelled by two tpfer's here. By the time I realised I had to have one they were gone from the stores but I was lucky enough to get one later that year. I've had it a year now and I still love it.

I think quite a few of us weren't fans when they first came out lozzaa - I personally thought they were quite blingy back then and not my thing at all! I then got an OL Alexa purse, followed by an OL pouch, followed by months of turmoil and eventually a huge hole in my bank balance!:biggrin:

Did you work in a store, or at Head Office? What's your personal favourite?

Hi! I worked in store (such an amazing job - highly recommended!)

I love the classics the most - Bays in any NVT leather! I also adore the Shimmy and the Neely, and now the Polly! I've never felt the Alexa really though, unlike pretty much everyone else! I would say my favourite Alexa has probably been the sparkle tweed. It's all down to personal preference though (of course); some of the people I worked with didn't own a single Mulberry!

I saw that one on eBay, I would dearly love one but just couldn't afford £900 this month, I'm gonna start clearing out the wardrobes now in the hope that I will be prepared when another comes along lol!

I was so in love with the oak leopard leather that I thought I'd try my handiwork on an OL laptop sleeve and turn it into a satchel come messenger bag........I love it! I had to remove the padding to make it softer and attach clamps to fit the strap to (a la ledbury!) (I've also made a ol clutch into a shoulder bag by attaching the strap from an iphone mini messenger buy the same method)

Attachments

• IMG_0443sml.jpg
    IMG_0443sml.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 145
  • IMG_0445sml.jpg
    IMG_0445sml.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 138
  • IMG_0446sml.jpg
    IMG_0446sml.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 154
I was so in love with the oak leopard leather that I thought I'd try my handiwork on an OL laptop sleeve and turn it into a satchel come messenger bag........I love it! I had to remove the padding to make it softer and attach clamps to fit the strap to (a la ledbury!) (I've also made a ol clutch into a shoulder bag by attaching the strap from an iphone mini messenger buy the same method)

It looks great worn messenger style, very clever! :smile: