Shepton Mallet

I can't wait to go - I'm planning a trip in the next month or so, although I only live a couple of hours away in Herefordshire (funnily enough, Mulberry fact fans, I grew up in a town called Ledbury - that bag is calling to me!).

Also, the Dent's factory shop is only 20 miles from Shepton Mallet, in Warminster. I plan to visit there too. English leather goods all the way baby!

I'm in north Hertfordshire but really, really want to make a trip down there. Will see if I can convince my Mother or sister to make the hourney with me, don't fancy going by myself!
xx

Lol. I would love to visit. I just checked Ryanair flights from Dublin to Bristol & it was €40 return for a Feb Saturday. Add car hire for the day and I would probably still save money on a bag!!! I might seriously consider this especially if Ryanair ever do the really cheap flights again. It would make for a lovely day trip I reckon!

Lola I'm flying Ryanair to Leeds Bradford on Wednesday to go to Mulberry (oops I mean the Cathedral!?) in York. I think it's easier to get to than Shepton from here, but I gather Shepton is much bigger, so next time it will be Shepton...

Verrrry interesting Indiana. Are you just treating yourself to a day for just browsing Mulberry or do you have a mission in mind? Have you got your eye on anything in particular or are you hoping something in particular will be there?

I'm jealous, but happy to know that I'm not the only person who contemplates doing this kind of thing!!!

I can't wait to hear how you get on.....

Lola - Shepton Mallet is very easy to get to from
Bristol airport, definitely worth doing, tho if you're looking for something in particular do call them first, they are very helpful. I live about 20 mins away and l
am planning a trip soon, I'll post what stock I've seen on the shopping thread when I'm back...

Thanks Mrsmulberry. I've done a lot of spending recently so I might have to wait for a while. If it's ok, I might get in touch with you when I plan a trip to get directions etc.? Of course if you do go, I'd still be interested in hearing about stock. Although I live in Ireland I can use my mother-in-laws address in Northern Ireland to get an order shipped to. Thanks!

MrsM, it is the stuff of my fantasies to live so close to Shepton Mallet!

Lola, my trip to York is just a day out with an equally Mulberry-mad friend. We picked York cos the flights were virtually free with no taxes, and also York seems to be an interesting little city, though we expect to spend ages in Mulberry! I'm going with an open mind and could be tempted by anything from a Bays to a Mabel to an Antony to a Mitzy and just about everything in between - in any colour from oak to lipstick. So who knows what will come back with me, but SOMETHING definitely will!

Come to Bath for the weekend, we have a lovely new spa, nice restaurants, fan shops and the Mulberry factory shop is really nearby! Good town for romantic mini break and Valentine's day is loomkng! You could pretend to take OH for romantic weekend and not mention the proximity to Shepton Mallet.