sharing my love for pochette metis empreinte

Attaching a photo link to describe what I'm talking about (you can see that the depth of the embossing is moreso on the flap than the other part of the bag). I love the bag - just checking with others that own this.

http://i1379.photobucket.com/albums/ah144/handbagjunkie23/Pochette Metis Empreinte/pochmetempnoir_zpspqotsf5o.jpg
I guess I heard a youtuber talking about the same issue before, but we can always exchange the bag if it happens?
and known this helps us choosing the bag from boutique which is why we love tpf so much right!:cool:

Reactions: handbagjunkie00
I guess I heard a youtuber talking about the same issue before, but we can always exchange the bag if it happens?
and known this helps us choosing the bag from boutique which is why we love tpf so much right!:cool:

My SA indicated that since it's not a defect (due to the individualized nature of each handmade empreinte bag), I am unable to exchange :sad:

Attaching a photo link to describe what I'm talking about (you can see that the depth of the embossing is moreso on the flap than the other part of the bag). I love the bag - just checking with others that own this.

http://i1379.photobucket.com/albums/ah144/handbagjunkie23/Pochette Metis Empreinte/pochmetempnoir_zpspqotsf5o.jpg
Mine is similar to yours as well. The flap is quite a bit stiffer so I think this is why. I've been using mine for over a month and a half now and I've had no problems with it though. From my past experience with Empreinte leather I think this is just the nature of the leather. But it doesn't take away from its beauty and I don't think over time it will be an issue. The imprint will always be there, it's not going to disappear. It just looks slightly different because the one piece is stiff or more sturdy and the other is squishy.

Reactions: Born4thjuly
We are PM empreinte twins!! I just got mine last week in the same color and I agree with you I am loving this and wear it more than the Speedy 25 empreinte. Planning to get another one in a different color. Congrats on your beautiful bag!! [emoji847][emoji106][emoji122][emoji173]️View attachment 3664989
Ooohhh, that would make us triplets :heart:!! I had actually gotten the PM Marine Rouge (which came first), but had also asked to have the PM Cerise on-hold so I could take a look at it and compare. While it was very pretty and all, the Marine Rouge did not excite me at all, but I still took it home until the Cerise came. Boy, when I saw the PM Cerise it was like the most beautiful thing I had ever seen--I LVOEd it :heart::heart::heart:!! It's been quite a while since a bag put a huge smile on my face :biggrin:.

My SA indicated that since it's not a defect (due to the individualized nature of each handmade empreinte bag), I am unable to exchange :sad:

The front pocket is in a concave shape making the embossing looks like that. The inward indents are pushed forward so they are not so deep anymore. If you compare the emboss to that of a Montaigne or any other bags so you can see what I mean. Also if the leather was also convex, then the emboss will be more. Sorry, English is not my first language and it's hard to explain.

Just enjoy your bag :love:

Mine is similar to yours as well. The flap is quite a bit stiffer so I think this is why. I've been using mine for over a month and a half now and I've had no problems with it though. From my past experience with Empreinte leather I think this is just the nature of the leather. But it doesn't take away from its beauty and I don't think over time it will be an issue. The imprint will always be there, it's not going to disappear. It just looks slightly different because the one piece is stiff or more sturdy and the other is squishy.

Thanks for the good information!

The front pocket is in a concave shape making the embossing looks like that. The inward indents are pushed forward so they are not so deep anymore. If you compare the emboss to that of a Montaigne or any other bags so you can see what I mean. Also if the leather was also convex, then the emboss will be more. Sorry, English is not my first language and it's hard to explain.

Just enjoy your bag :love:

I am enjoying her for sure :smile:

Reactions: RosieMiles16
I am enjoying her for sure :smile:

Just would like to share. We have the same issue with my PM but mine is the other way.
Slightly shallow embossed on the flap through back but deep on the front.
(attached photos).
Also, the embossing on the handle is a bit shallow.
My SA said that if I would like to have it replaced, I have to wait for the next availability which there is no guarantee when will it be.
It is a very very beautiful bag and it's killing me to use it for I just got it yesterday.
I am still thinking if I will wait for a new stock to arrive to have this replace or just ignore the uneven embossing and might as well enjoy it.Front.jpeg Handle.jpeg