Sharing a bit of my Inupiaq culture with you- *PICS*

Hi Frozen,
Thank you for sharing your great pics and telling us about your culture! :yes:
Gosh, I have so many questions...

Do you only get a few hours of night time now? Are the days really long? Is that you wearing that beautiful coat? Is that your baby behind the hand print? He's so cute and happy! The sky and the ocean pic is amazing...truly breathtaking!

Again, thank you for sharing your pics and for sharing your culture with us!

Hey FA, thanks so much for sharing your story! I found your post to be a very interesting read. I too, wish more people would make threads lke this... I love to learn about people.

Just one quick question. How do you pronounce Unupiaq? Is it oo-noo-pee-ack?

Thank you for sharing these with us. I loved it all. Especially the picture of your father's boat and the balleen boat. My father was a marine engineer. He had a collection of anything boat/ship realted from way back.

Thank you so much for sharing your heritage. I love hearing about what moulds and influences us.

Please don't take offence because I mean absolutely none by it at all. I so laughed when I saw your modelling pics in your gorgeous parka and bbag.

To a complete stranger who has no appreciation of the pull of the purse that photograph would seem quite odd. They may have the attitude "Why on earth would you carry such an item in such an environment"? Only us ladies know different - what an amazing bag and vibrant coulour. If I was ever in your area I would know you even in a white out as your bag would be your beacon.

Hey Thanks for sharing, love to learn more!! I definitely want to go visit alaska some day!!

ps: where's the bag and coat pic the gals are referring to?? i didn't see it!! i wanna see ur bag and coat. LOL

How wonderful of you to share this with us and your obvious passion for your heritage.

Alaska is in on my wishlist of holiday destinations but only in winter. I'm happiest when it's very cold and the further into the minuses the better. I went on a husky safari tour across the arctic circle in Finland and it was utterly magical. It got down to -25C (-13F) and it was like nothing I've ever experienced.....not to mention the moisture in my nose and on my eyelashes freezing!!

Thank you everybody for posting back- :yes: I am swamped at work right now and can post a little for now. The parka thread is explained here.

Inupiaq is pronounced INYOU-PeeYAQ
The n has a brow on top so it's maybe kinda like the Mexican n in pinata. heehee- it's hard to explain pronunciation.......... haha!!

I gotta go to lunch right now. I'll post some more after while.....