Share your wedding horror stories here!!

I attended a wedding reception in which I was the cause of my friend's wedding horror story. I accidentally knocked over some of the candles on the table and set the bread basket and table cloth on fire. It was kind of funny after the fact but wasn't so funny during the time.

My friends BF caught his own shirt on fire at another friends' wedding and had a hard time getting the fire out of his linen shirt! His entire back was exposed and luckily the reception was at her in-laws house so someone gave him something to wear. Thankfully it was a more laid back wedding outside but gosh!

I attended my ex-boyfriend's sister's wedding and ugh! I still remember it like it was yesterday!

The flower shop she ordered the flowers from was closed that day! I have no idea how she didn't know this or why they didn't confirm it with her. I don't know, I wasn't involved in any of the planning other than remembering driving over to the flower shop with her to pick up the flowers and they were closed. She starts bawling!

Feeling really bad we drove back to where the wedding was gonna be. It was like a resort club. Everyone was so upset and desperate, her family went out to the garden (my ex bf dragged me out there with him) and next thing I knew, we were cutting the roses from the resort's garden!!!! Yup, we made her a bouquet out of stolen roses! Thankfully no one saw us but walking past the balded shrubs made me really uneasy and nervous.

That definitely taught me make sure my flower shop was opened on my wedding day!

I went to a wedding a few months ago... it was a couple who are good friends of my boyfriend's family. Such a sweet couple, such a truly awful reception. The DJ and the bartenders were absolutely horrendous. I'll start with the DJ:

1) At the beginning of the night... announced that requests were 99 cents a piece (& no... he wasn't joking. He actually asked my boyfriend for a dollar when he went up there to request a song.)
2) As songs were being requested... he went online and downloaded them. How do I know this? TWO songs had little announcements in the middle of them that said, "If you like FREE MUSIC go to www.insertsitenamehere.com." No... I'm not joking.)
3) There was long spaces in between music. 5 minutes... sometimes more.
4) A rap song was requested. But, he didn't play the radio edit version... the first words were "MOTHER F***ER!" There were children present.
5) The last song of the night... he sang karoke. Seriously.

The bartenders:
1) Cut my boyfriend off after 2 beers.
2) Cut me off after ONE GLASS of wine.
3) Refused to give me a pitcher of beer for our table because they said I had "already had too much to drink." (I had ONE GLASS of wine!)

The bride and groom... needless to say were VERY upset about the whole ordeal.

lol - its these things that make our days memorable.

This discussion makes me realise things. The cake for example. I ordered it, paid in full & told them where to deliver it. As the day arrives we dont get to see our cakes and check. If something had gone wrong i would not have known until i saw it sitting there at the reception. Im lucky mine was great, but we leave so much up to others and trust their professionalism.
Nothing major went wrong at mine, but little things were funny. Mum greeted family at the front door with hair bleach on her upper lip. The guy who copied our 'wedding dance' cd, cut the main song to extend the chorus. Well hubby and i danced for a full 7 mins to 1 song before we just said, skip to the next one please. It was hilarious. I think that song must have been stretched to 10 mins.

wedding horror story?
well we just started planning and my future mother in law thinks shes getting married .. tells ME what im having at my wedding .. and when i dont like it she nods her head and tells me i dont understand ......... ohh and at dinner with my parents "jokingly" she tells everyone at the table that she wants a ballgown dress and shes planning on looking better than me .... then laughed it off

During the wedding vows DH nearly fainted and had to employ an old army trick of rolling onto his toes, and when it came to the bit if anybody knows a reason why blah blah can't be married or forever hold your peace, there was loud footsteps heard of someone running up the aisle - I nearly had a freakin' heart attack!!:nuts: (Turned out it was by best friends kid btw :sweatdrop:)

However our wedding day pales into insignificance compared to one wedding we attended. It was a very posh do indeed in a very old chapel. Everyone had been plied with copious amounts of champagne in the gardens beforehand...anyway, all was well until the reception, which was held in the 'Great Hall', a very lofty setting. We were at the front of it next to the grooms sister. After several courses of dinner, it was time for the speeches and the brides father got up. He'd flown in several thousand miles for the occasion and had obviously prepared well, starting with the birth of his daughter, her development in great detail, his marraige breakdown, his ex-wife, his current wife, the effect of all this on his daughter (the bride) again in great detail... The bride had been pulling at his jacket quite early on but to no avail, and the grooms mother sat there next to him rooted to the spot with a fixed stony smile, a coiled spring. You could have heard a pin drop.
Over an hour later, not only was I extremely mentally uncomfortable, I was getting physically uncomfortable too, what with all the champagne beforehand and wine with the meal....it got down to the stage where I thought 'what's going to be worse? Having an accident right here and now, or interrupting the brides fathers speech by walking out?'. So I stood up, and he actually stopped speaking :Push:, there was absolute silence as I walked down the length of the Hall, my high heels click-clacking on the stone floor, got to the door and raced to the loo across the courtyard like there was no tomorrow. Then, I had to come back in....he was unswayed, still speaking and went on to speak for about another half hour, but the floodgates had been opened and nearly all the guests within that half hour made a bolt for the loo :biggrin:. Eventually he stopped, after 1 and 1/2 hours to the great relief of everybody. The best man who had apparently prepared a very good and amusing speech had to forfeit it and only had time to propose a toast to the happy couple. I really thought the grooms mother (never mind the bride and groom!) was going to self-combust.

And the best thing about it? It's all on video :devil:, although funnily enough no-one's seen it....:whistle:

OMG that is so funny. It reminds me of attending a 21st birthday party for a friend a few years ago and his father made a looooong speech that went on for about 30 minutes but the worse part was that there was no microphone and he was speaking so softly no on could hear him for the entire speech. It was the most awkward 30 minutes ever.

wedding horror story?
well we just started planning and my future mother in law thinks shes getting married .. tells ME what im having at my wedding .. and when i dont like it she nods her head and tells me i dont understand ......... ohh and at dinner with my parents "jokingly" she tells everyone at the table that she wants a ballgown dress and shes planning on looking better than me .... then laughed it off

Oh boy, she's one of THOSE. I don't envy you at all! Stick firm to what you and your fiance want to do, and remember that if she tries to outdo you and wears a big foofy dress that SHE is the one that will look foolish (so don't let it get to you, just laugh it off and realize how ridiculous she is).

I am so thankful my MIL was hands-off and just let the day be about us.

I feel lucky. I don't have any horror stories. My only issue was a pair of shoes that were extremely painful after five minutes. I got fed up midway thought the ceremony and slipped them off under my dress. It was hilarious on video because I was suddenly three inches shorter.

hmmm only thing bad that's happened to me so far while planning my wedding is EVERYONE thinks they are entitled to tell me, how i need to have my wedding, where, when, what i should and shouldn't have and what my dress should've and shouldn't looked like....my mom, my dad, my grandmother, my fiancés mom and dad has said little things to me...it's like Hello this is MY wedding, last time i checked it wasn't yours, let me plan my wedding...don't try to plan it for me. I'm about midway though wedding planning, but hopefully nothing else bad happens.

hmm at my cousins' wedding another cousin who was driving a set of family members to the church drove so horribly one of the flower girls puked. and then my poor cousin was so nervous she almost passed out on the alter.

my best friend had her dress a few days before the wedding. first run it was too short. and it kept being sent from NY to kentucky to NY and eventually somehow got here to CA. we had decided if it wasn't here a few days before we would go to david's bridal and get her something.