Seller not accepting messages from buyers!!!????

limom

O.G.
Mar 24, 2009
I am interested in a LV dog carrier, I tried to send a message to the seller and got a message from Ebay saying this seller does not answer questions from buyers due to high volume!!!!!?
Would you consider buying from this seller or bypass her altogether???
She has 100% feedback, sold some high end items.
What do you think?

BeenBurned

Coach, Dooney, Uggs
Authenticator
O.G.
Feb 25, 2007
East Coast, USA
Even a seller who describes and photographs every single detail of her items should be willing to accept questions, comments and messages from potential bidders from whom she expects to get their hard-earned money.

A seller who blocks messages "due to high volume" is too busy to deserve my money.

limom

O.G.
Mar 24, 2009
Even a seller who describes and photographs every single detail of her items should be willing to accept questions, comments and messages from potential bidders from whom she expects to get their hard-earned money.

A seller who blocks messages "due to high volume" is too busy to deserve my money.
Thank you for your honest feedback.

shopaholism

Jul 23, 2011
the cornfields
Yeah, that's pretty ridiculous. Even Linda's Stuff will (eventually, sometimes) answer questions...

The only situation I could think of in which blocking questions might be legitimate is if the bidder is not a qualified buyer (they're from somewhere the seller doesn't ship, or they have too many NPBs, etc)

limom

O.G.
Mar 24, 2009
Yeah, that's pretty ridiculous. Even Linda's Stuff will (eventually, sometimes) answer questions...

The only situation I could think of in which blocking questions might be legitimate is if the bidder is not a qualified buyer (they're from somewhere the seller doesn't ship, or they have too many NPBs, etc)
She is US seller and I don't have any strike on my account...
What else can she be blocking for?

Apr 15, 2007
why would ANYONE buy from a seller who doesn't answer ?'s..

red flag waving here & if there is a problem.... forget about it!!!

Oct 2, 2008
If you buy from a seller like that, chances are, if any problems arise, they're going to be "too busy" to properly address it. Better to take your money elsewhere.

Jennifer_C

Shopaholic
Feb 15, 2011
Massachusetts USA
I think it's hit or miss. I understand the blocking if you're really high-volume and won't respond. I've seen it once before as a buyer.

For me, though, it's a deterrent.

limom

O.G.
Mar 24, 2009
I am not taking a chance. It is too expensive for her to be so nonchalant.
It is not a high volume seller either.

ms_luxe_style

luxe style
Jun 15, 2010
dreaming in Paris
I'd be wary of someone who is too busy to answer questions!? What kind of customer service is that!
Like others have said, I'd be worried later if you had any issues. Would they be too busy to try to resolve them?

joy&lv

Obsessed
O.G.
Mar 20, 2009
Bay Area, California
If they are too busy to answer questions, then they don't make money from me. What if there is issue with your item? Are they going to be "too busy" to deal with it? No buy!