Seller is asking me to rebuy? Sorry LONG

i'm sorry but that's just ridiculous. because she's nice you should do as she says? come on. do any of you have stores? have you EVER had anyone buy from it and then ask if they can buy it on auction instead to save yourself fees? please. since when is that the buyers fault. as sellers we know that we have fvf fees, that stores charge more, that if they pay with pp they have fees for that too and this should ALL go into the cost of your item.

not to mention why on earth would she take the time to end the listing, start a new one etc, she should have had it the way she wanted it to begin with. she's just wrong, i'm sorry.

because she's nice you should do as she says?

I was just offering that she's a reputable seller and I don't think that she's trying to defraud anybody out of any money. I personally wouldn't have a problem cancelling the first transaction and setting up a new one with her if it helped her save fees.

welli've heard good and bad things but that's neither here nor there.

personally yes if the seller was really nice i might do it but honestly it's not my problem as a buyer. the seller is responsible for all that. if you have a history with the seller i can understand her asking and you accepting but if you don't know her from a hole in the wall i think it's ballsy and wrong.

It does seem rather un-business-like and I would guess it's against eBay's policies? As a seller I think you just chalk it up to experience and don't expect the buyer to compensate you for your mistake.

So, you could say something like, I feel bad for you, but I'm not sure eBay allows this and I don't want to get in trouble with eBay, so let's just proceed with the original transaction.

Let us know what happens!

After serveral emails with the seller, we ended up canceling the first auction, and I did repurchase the wallet under another auction - at the same amount. With only one payment to the seller. I think with ebay's fairly recent changes to their fee structure for their stores, Josephine was just caught off guard. Becuase of her history here at TPF, I was willing to give her the benefit of a doubt.
I have a wallet, I've only paid once, one of the auctions is totally closed and the other is marked payement sent. So I think everything is OK. Otherwise I have all the documentation, and record of payment.

Thanks for the help everyone!

Thanks for your suggestions everyone.
I looked at the transaction the seller wanted me to go ahead with on the BIN and the price was the same as the one I had already completed! If it was just a case of spending a couple more dollars or something because a seller made a mistake....OK. But I'm not going to commit double the price, which is several hundred dollars, on my paypal account, on the off chance that she will refund me the money.
I told her that I just can't do that - sorry. I would be willing to pay for extra fees, but but to purchase the item again without a refuld...I just couldn't do.

Thanks for the support.

oh my goodness...she hadn't refunded you the original money you sent her yet?? Definitly DON'T pay again. Thats a ridiculous request. She should fix her own mistakes first.

After serveral emails with the seller, we ended up canceling the first auction, and I did repurchase the wallet under another auction - at the same amount. With only one payment to the seller. I think with ebay's fairly recent changes to their fee structure for their stores, Josephine was just caught off guard. Becuase of her history here at TPF, I was willing to give her the benefit of a doubt.
I have a wallet, I've only paid once, one of the auctions is totally closed and the other is marked payement sent. So I think everything is OK. Otherwise I have all the documentation, and record of payment.

lol, sorry. didn't see the last post. Glad everything worked out for you!

Not only would I NOT pay extra fees, I would report her to ebay and send a copy of the entire email to ebay as well. We all make errors, but I would NEVER pass my mistake onto a buyer. Her prices are very high, I'm sure she has made more than enough from others to pay for her own mistake.

i totally agree with donna. and the fee increases are not that new. she should know better. and fyi you just opened the door for her to do that to other people. i for one would never buy from her now.

I'm sure everything will work out perfectly. Congratulations on your wallet.

Whoops, sorry for the bad advice. All of the items in my store are low price items and all my higher priced items have always gone on auction. I didn't even notice the difference because of this(actually, because some of them are so low priced, there really wasn't a difference, so I think it must on some sort of scale...I need to look into this.) :noggin: