#SeeYouSunday

I've just been looking at other designer backpacks on NAP and I don't like any of them either, so Mulberry - it's not just you!

:amuse:

It is true that this season everyone starts to do backpacks...Starting from Chanel, then Stella McCartney...and maybe some more but I can't remember tho. Backpacks and sneakers.

Honestly, when I saw the Cara bags I was just disappointed at THIS collection. But after reading all your posts regarding the pr problem, that was when I ask myself if I should move on to some other brands.

No response to my email, I'm starting to doubt I will receive one.
Oh well I can always respond with my bank account and there's a Jimmy Choo Solar out there somewhere with my name on it 😈

Wee drop it's disappointing having not heard anything from mulberry but we should not expect anything from mulberry brand anymore. There are plenty of other designers so mulberry is just another fish in the ocean.

If Mulberry is indeed attempting to cultivate the Asian market, wth are they thinking with these? I agree that backpacks are popular there, BUT for a market whose base generally has a petite frame, can you imagine the ginormous camo backpack? That sucker would topple over even a tall, sturdy individual! Note that there have been no pics of Cara with that monster on HER back!

If Mulberry is indeed attempting to cultivate the Asian market, wth are they thinking with these? I agree that backpacks are popular there, BUT for a market whose base generally has a petite frame, can you imagine the ginormous camo backpack? That sucker would topple over even a tall, sturdy individual! Note that there have been no pics of Cara with that monster on HER back!

Lol!!!! Toppling models on the catwalk I can see it now...chaos

If the lions head CD bag came with a matching lions head lock (similar idea to the turtle lock) and was without the backpack strap (indeed had a totally different strap) it could be something special. But it doesn't sadly and like the rest of the CD collection it looks rushed and only 3/4 designed.

so, basically, if it were one of our beloved "classic" Mulb's with Lions, it'd be perfect !!! (could this get any funnier ?) tee-hee xx

Cultivating the Asian market huh. I can already hear the street vendors in China working overtime to produce a knock off of these! Think the back packs will be their easiest mission so far! I give it few months before u see them being sold on the Night Markets all over Asia.
I'll get one when Im in Thailand later this year and post it on their FB.....LOOOLLL

I know it's already been said but really, those bags are just horrible. Cara is no designer and she may just have put the final nail in the coffin. If this is the future of Mulberry it's a sad day.

Last edited:
Well wonders never cease but I got an email from Mulberry regretting any offence caused by the FB exchange and stating emphatically that any opinions expressed do not reflect the views of Mulberry, or represent an official Mulberry statement.
They also offered to contact me by phone to discuss any further concerns.
So it sounds as if this was taken seriously 😮
I am pleased to have had a reply.

We have to call it the CJD collection!!!

Yep, mad cow bags........

I think I might have actually liked it if it wasn't a backpack and wasn't quilted. If this had been designed as a new shape/Bayswater varitation it would have definately been a bag I would consider...

Well you're in luck, the straps are detachable but guess still no good as quilted.

I dont think we have thought of the potential as it will take you from the Countryside to a night out, you'll also be well camouflaged.