Seeing the bags IRL changed my mind

Oh it´s so great that you already got so many compliments on your bag within 3 days!! I don´t know what´s going on with people in Germany but I have mine for about 8 weeks already and nobody made a comment. In fact, nobody knows BAL bags here. I am a little disappointed I have to say....:cry:

No one here knows Balenciaga, either. Hopefully I'll love it enough to make up for not receiving compliments on my fabulous taste in handbags!

To be honest, I am getting a little worried over the new Marigold coming out. I am worried that it will have too much tan in the undertones. I'd prefer a more sunflower yellow...Time will tell!

I know you said you've changed your mind about Steel, but I just waned to say that it'd look great with all the neutrals/dark colors/browns.

I wear a lot of black,browns, grays, and Rick Owens muddy neutral colors and most of my bags are dark colored also. As long as you pair it with neutrals/dark neutrals, Steel would look amazing.
My Anthracite goes with practically everything in my wardrobe and I have A LOT of clothes!!!:P

What other colors are you thinking about?

I know you said you've changed your mind about Steel, but I just waned to say that it'd look great with all the neutrals/dark colors/browns.

I wear a lot of black,browns, grays, and Rick Owens muddy neutral colors and most of my bags are dark colored also. As long as you pair it with neutrals/dark neutrals, Steel would look amazing.
My Anthracite goes with practically everything in my wardrobe and I have A LOT of clothes!!!:P

What other colors are you thinking about?

Thanks, Tooshies! My wardrobe is very casual (I'm a grad student), and since we are approaching Fall I guess I should comment on my Fall wardrobe. I wear a lot of denim, and my favorite shoes are a pair of custom cowboy boots in a whiskey color with pink/turquoise tops, a pair of turquoise cons, and deep red flats with a buckle across the toe. I usually pair all of these things with brownish tones. A fave jacket is a burnt orange corduroy blazer.

I really like to work coordinating items, but not exactly matching, so I might could get away with most any color. I'm not one to change my bag based on my clothing; instead I just carry a bag as long as I want to unless I'm going somewhere special and need to change.

I haven't owned a black bag (or one in that family) for a long time. In fact, almost all of my bags are in the brown or neutral family: cognac and hologram spy bags, chocolate Gucci horsebit, MJ mouse hobo, MJ oatmeal MP, Coach natural and whiskey Legacy bags, LV mono bags, etc. I have a mandarin speedy that I never carry, though I don't think it's because of its color - I love the color.

So, what other colors am I considering? I originally thought that I wanted an Ocean city, but it's too much of a light blue for me. I like the photos that I've seen of Mer Fonce, which surprises me, because I don't own anything that's blue (besides denim, of course). Then I fell for Steel, and now I'm thinking about Rouille. I just can't decide if I would tire of Rouille or not. My Honda Element is orange, so is my fave hoodie, my lunch bag for school, and my LV wallet (not carried recently). How much orange can a girl sport before it's silly? I can just imagine the day when I get out of my orange car wearing my orange blazer or hoodie while carrying my orange lunch sack and Rouille City. Well, I guess that answers my question: no Rouille for me?!

So maybe Steel is a good choice? I want a fabulously colored Bal bag, and I also want it to be one that I won't think twice about grabbing. Hmmm...

My apologies for the excessively long post. Nothing like a stream-of-consciousness post to respond to what seemed like a relatively simple question.

MandB, Ooo, your cowboy boots sound DIVINE!!!!:drool: I love cowboy boots(especially vintage!)and I have quite a few....And I have so many brown bags as well:P(mostly all Balenciaga) I just can't seem to get enough of browns!

You know, if you wear orange on a daily basis, maybe Rouille would make it too orange? If you're willing to own yet another brown bag, you can always try Sienna(a gorgeous cognac brown very similar to Chloe's famous Whisky).
How about Vert Fonce? I don't know if you like Olive Brown, but if you do, it's a gorgeous color. Vert Fonce would blend in nicely with your wardrobe because of its earthy tone.

Or you can go for Steel for contrast. Browns and Grays go really well together, so you'll never have to worry about your bag looking out of the place:tup: I think it'd be for you to get Steel to diversify your collection since you don't have anything in this color family.

Good luck with your decision!

Hi Tooshies,

I'm not wild about Vert Fonce, though I agree that it would match my wardrobe well.

And yes, you're probably right that an orange bag would tip my orange accessory meter to overkill.

So, steel is it? I'm not financially ready to buy a bbag yet, but steel seems like a good choice when I am. It's not as fun as a Rouille bag, but it's probably a better choice for me.

Thanks for the input!

steel is a great color for an everyday bag imo. it's a dark charcoal gray with blue undertones which looks more interesting against black, but also goes great with all other colors-it also won't show wear as easily as a brighter or lighter color! if you fell for steel after seeing it, then i think you should definitely get it!

steel is a great color for an everyday bag imo. it's a dark charcoal gray with blue undertones which looks more interesting against black, but also goes great with all other colors-it also won't show wear as easily as a brighter or lighter color! if you fell for steel after seeing it, then i think you should definitely get it!

Thanks!