Seeing any movies during this long weekend?

1. The most anticipated sale of the season is here! Come join the official NAP sale discussion thread and share your haul with us!
    Dismiss Notice
  1. I assume a few of you have Monday off, so, I am wondering if anyone is planning on watching any movies? I really love them (kind of my second vice next to purses), and saw "Tristan & Isolde" last night. Actually, I was hoping that the movie would be really cheesy (given the trailers for it) since I had a really long work week and needed something "fluffy", but surprisingly, the movie wasn't bad. Maybe I was just expecting the worse, but it was pretty painless to watch - even my boyfriend agreed.

I hope to see either "Brokeback Mountain" or "Munich" at some point this weekend as well.

2. I think I've already seen every movie that I've wanted to see that's out now. I loved Tristan and Isolde. I thought it would be kind of cheesy, but it really surprised me. Brokeback Mountain was very sad. It's probably the best movie I've watched this year. Munich was ok. I didn't like it too much, although everyone else did.

3. I'm going to see Tristan & Isolde tommorrow! I love historical fiction! I loe the costumes!

4. i really want to see syriana but i don't know if it's playing around here. moviefone.com said it was playing at the theater across town and my boyfriend and i went all the way over there and it wasn't :sad:

i wanna see brokeback, too, but i'll never get him to see it with me, lol

5. i want to see that!! i'm a sucker for love stories :lol:

6. Munich was good! I want to see Tristan & Isolde and Hoodwinked!

7. I don't have tomorrow off, unfortunately. I want to see both Munich and Brokeback Mountain. Maybe next weekend.

8. Here in Italy there are no festivities during this week-end, but yesterday evening I went to the cinema to see 'Match Point' by Woody Allen. I liked it very much, but it shocked me at the same time: I didn't expect something so cynical and pessimistic from Allen :amazed:

9. Well I suckered Vlad into going to see Casablanca his last night here- we laughed so much because the movie was just not good at all!!

I loved loved loved Munich. It was so intense and gruesome, but an amazing movie I thought.

10. We're not going to the theater, but hubby got his hands on a "screener" DVD of Capote which we watched last night and it was excellent!

Another one here who loves the historical movies. I used to be involved in costuming for Renaissance Faires, and so can always spot the costumes that are horribly historically inaccurate. :p

11. Heh. This movie sure makes the guys squirmy, doesn't it?

12. I finally saw ''the producers'' the other day - but I really want to see '' BROKEBACK MOUNTAIN''.. has anyone seen it ??

13. Yes it does...I am going to see it with a bunch of girlfriends. It's unfortunate because Ang Lee is a fabulous director! I've loved all of his movies (yes, even "Hulk") since I saw "Sense and Sensibility" years ago.