Seeing any movies during this long weekend?

SuLi

O.G.
Nov 1, 2005
I assume a few of you have Monday off, so, I am wondering if anyone is planning on watching any movies? I really love them (kind of my second vice next to purses), and saw "Tristan & Isolde" last night. Actually, I was hoping that the movie would be really cheesy (given the trailers for it) since I had a really long work week and needed something "fluffy", but surprisingly, the movie wasn't bad. Maybe I was just expecting the worse, but it was pretty painless to watch - even my boyfriend agreed.

I hope to see either "Brokeback Mountain" or "Munich" at some point this weekend as well.

I think I've already seen every movie that I've wanted to see that's out now. I loved Tristan and Isolde. I thought it would be kind of cheesy, but it really surprised me. Brokeback Mountain was very sad. It's probably the best movie I've watched this year. Munich was ok. I didn't like it too much, although everyone else did.

i really want to see syriana but i don't know if it's playing around here. moviefone.com said it was playing at the theater across town and my boyfriend and i went all the way over there and it wasn't :sad:

i wanna see brokeback, too, but i'll never get him to see it with me, lol

Here in Italy there are no festivities during this week-end, but yesterday evening I went to the cinema to see 'Match Point' by Woody Allen. I liked it very much, but it shocked me at the same time: I didn't expect something so cynical and pessimistic from Allen :amazed:

Well I suckered Vlad into going to see Casablanca his last night here- we laughed so much because the movie was just not good at all!!

I loved loved loved Munich. It was so intense and gruesome, but an amazing movie I thought.

We're not going to the theater, but hubby got his hands on a "screener" DVD of Capote which we watched last night and it was excellent!

Another one here who loves the historical movies. I used to be involved in costuming for Renaissance Faires, and so can always spot the costumes that are horribly historically inaccurate. :P

pseub said:
Heh. This movie sure makes the guys squirmy, doesn't it?

Yes it does...I am going to see it with a bunch of girlfriends. It's unfortunate because Ang Lee is a fabulous director! I've loved all of his movies (yes, even "Hulk") since I saw "Sense and Sensibility" years ago.