See by Chloe bag help requested

girlinthemoon

Obsessed!
Aug 9, 2009
Hi Ladies,
I'm torn about a See by Chloe bag. I haven't seen it in person, but fell in love with the online picture - except for a few things, and I can't decide if those are dealbreakers for me.
http://www1.bloomingdales.com/catal...geID=10020*2*96*-1*-1*-1*110#mainProductImage

There's a Bloomingdales a few blocks from work, so I can head over there later this week. But I'm curious on your thoughts in the meantime. (Specifically on the SBC name and price.)

I haven't seen this particular bag IRL but I have seen some from this line at Nordies. I think they are kind of nice in a mid-range sort of way. I wouldn't pay full price for one.
However, that said, you should go take a look for yourself.

I own 2 See by Chloe bags; they're both totes. They're very well made (and I'm carrying one now matter of fact: a Punchline tote in Curcumin. Anyway...)

If you like simplicity then you may like this bag. Neither of my totes have cell phone pockets which at first I thought was a dealbreaker, but it hasn't really been a problem.
They both have inner zip pockets.

In regard to the name, I see See by Chloe as being no different than Moschino's Cheap & Chic line.. just a ready-to-wear, less expensive offshoot of the main line. Like any purse, definitely view it in person.

"I think they are kind of nice in a mid-range sort of way"... Huh. Nice :rolleyes:

Thanks - I guess I'll have to make a run this week to look at it.
I love simple bags - I don't care for a lot of embellishment on my bags, and I don't care if there are inner pockets, I don't use them anyway. (Maybe if I don't have one I'll be disappointed and miss it- but I doubt it.)

Thanks for the input!

I think the See by Chloe line is nice and this looks like a very nice bag. :biggrin:

I nearly bought the Ring Around messenger last season, but couldn't find it in the colour I wanted online, so gave up (I give up easily, these days! LOL!).

I don't care if bags don't have a cell phone pocket, either; as long as they have an inside pocket.

ANOTHER SBC question... and I have TRIED to search this subforum as well as the AT, BUT the search does NOT allow for the words "see" or "by", so it searches on "Chloe"... DUH. I give up....:faint:
I've been hunting a white hobo-type SOMETHING. Stumbled upon this bag on EBAY under $300, which makes buying a WHITE bag somewhat less risky IMO, as it's liable to not be WHITE too long in my care....

Thoughts? Does anyone have this bag? Or can tell me anything about the SBC lambskin leather?

TIA!:heart:

Attachments

• SBC white hobo.JPG
    SBC white hobo.JPG
    8.1 KB · Views: 107
ANOTHER SBC question... and I have TRIED to search this subforum as well as the AT, BUT the search does NOT allow for the words "see" or "by", so it searches on "Chloe"... DUH. I give up....:faint:

Oh, I know! Annoying, isn't it?! :sweatdrop:

I've been hunting a white hobo-type SOMETHING. Stumbled upon this bag on EBAY under $300, which makes buying a WHITE bag somewhat less risky IMO, as it's liable to not be WHITE too long in my care....

Thoughts? Does anyone have this bag? Or can tell me anything about the SBC lambskin leather?

This is the style I was thinking of getting, before I decided to try to find the messenger version, instead, due to the different positioning of the 'bangles' on each style (they were lower on the messenger, so I thought they'd get in the way less).

The style seemed to be really popular and sold-out in many colours pretty fast.

I really like it (well, I would, wouldn't it?!). I'd have preferred it if the bangles were interestingly patterned (maybe a triangular geometric pattern, or something?), rather than logoed; but other than that, I think it's a great design, personally. :biggrin:

No idea about the leather quality, I'm afraid, as I didn't see it IRL, but I'd guess it's pretty good, from the look of it. :smile:

Don't have this bag or any experience with the leather, but this is the SBC bag I really really want! It looks great, in any colour!

Don't have this bag or any experience with the leather, but this is the SBC bag I really really want! It looks great, in any colour!

HM... I like it too, and for the right price, if a white bag expires due to abuse, not alot lost, IMO. And if I don't like it, I may can give it to one of my girls.
Thinking.....

I can get NEITHER of the current seller to give me the photos needed for AUTH. Is the SBC highly faked, yet??:thinking:

Typo, typo... they just MUST forgive us.. it's the specs and the damn tiny JUMBO monitor! :P

:roflmfao::roflmfao::roflmfao:

SO, I gather you never found your messenger? Saw that style.. like it ALOT.

No, never found it. :shrugs:

By the time I had decided I wanted it, it had sold out (online) in the colours I was interested in. :yes:

I probably could have tracked it down instore, but I couldn't be bothered, quite frankly! :lol:

As I say, I did have that little issue with the SbyC branding, anyway, though; so that probably made me a bit less determined! :biggrin:

i've seen it in person, it is gorgeous, very soft. i love this bag.

i have seen it on clearance at bloomies, if you want to check there.

HM.. some sale.. $556 for the hobo. Nordies must have had it cheaper, as that's where all the current ebay sellers are professing to have bought theirs....

THANKS, THO!!

Last edited: