Secret Tips for Caring For Your Celine

Hi all, I need some advice...I just received Micro in beige and it's so gorg! After "inspecting" I noticed a small discreet stain in front where it looks like someone cleaned it off. I ordered this over the phone from Barney's in Beverly Hills & they said it came from another store. For the price $2200 I was expecting a near to perfect bag. The bottom already has scuff marks and I could've lived with them but I don't know if I can live with the minor stain in front. You can only tell if it's pointed out. Since these bags especially the micro size, are so difficult to find, should I just keep it? I'm debating on returning since it took forever for me to find one? At the same time I feel like for te money I've spent, I should get a stain free bag? Thoughts? twitter.com/PinkSatchelGirl/status/247461645616570369/photo/1

twitter.com/PinkSatchelGirl/status/247461728642797568/photo/1
twitter.com/PinkSatchelGirl/status/247461791133736961/photo/1

I would read the first few posts in this thread, as I as well as many other people give some great advice :smile:

HeathJo said:
I think I have posted this here before, it is on my blog:
CLEANING AND CARING FOR SUEDE HANDBAGS
So, how do you to protect, clean, and remove stains from suede Celine bags?

[*]Apply a protectant
[*]Brush regularly with a firm, stiff brush
[*]Clean with an unscented baby wipe
[*]Use a dry eraser to remove stains
[*]Keep it dry and stuff with tissue when not using
eHow in the UK used has a video that shows you how to remove stains step-by-step

Here is a link http://www.ehow.co.uk/video_5996057_clean-suede-handbag.html

They also have an article on cleaning colored suede http://www.ehow.co.uk/how_6926770_clean-colored-suede.html

Their resource was Mrs Clean, and this is a REALLY good article on removing stains http://www.housecleaningcentral.com/en/cleaning-tips/clothing/cleaning-suede.html

Thanks for these advices! I just got a grey stamped croc Trapeze and was wondering how I should take care of it. I have a few questions if you don't mind...
What particular protectant would you suggest for suede?
For the stamped croc part, which is nubuck, am I supposed to use the same product I use for suede or do I need to get another one?
And for the handle, which is regular leather, what should I apply to prevent from darkening?

TIA!!!

Hi all, I need some advice...I just received Micro in beige and it's so gorg! After "inspecting" I noticed a small discreet stain in front where it looks like someone cleaned it off. I ordered this over the phone from Barney's in Beverly Hills & they said it came from another store. For the price $2200 I was expecting a near to perfect bag. The bottom already has scuff marks and I could've lived with them but I don't know if I can live with the minor stain in front. You can only tell if it's pointed out. Since these bags especially the micro size, are so difficult to find, should I just keep it? I'm debating on returning since it took forever for me to find one? At the same time I feel like for te money I've spent, I should get a stain free bag? Thoughts? twitter.com/PinkSatchelGirl/status/247461645616570369/photo/1

twitter.com/PinkSatchelGirl/status/247461728642797568/photo/1
twitter.com/PinkSatchelGirl/status/247461791133736961/photo/1

According to TPFers, the new Celine boutique on Madison in NY is flush with Micros. Why settle? If the cleaning tips don't work for you or if you're just uncomfortable about receiving a stained bag (doesn't matter if it takes someone to point it out to someone else, your own eyes will always be involuntarily drawn to that imperfection, regardless of how minor), return it and order another bag.

Thanks! I just bought a box bag but there were marks all over it. love the vintage look - but i know that more marks are bound to come. Will visit color wash :smile: Do you know the price?

Yep the marks will blend to form a beautiful patina eventually so I've stopped bothering too much and just decided to enjoy my bags. Well it depends on the size of your bag, just give them a call and they'll give you a quote.

HeathJo said:
CONGRATS on your new Phantom! I am so glad this info may be of use, although I pray you never need to use it!

The baby wipes saved me and the TPFr to whom I sent a Red Mini. She thought there was a white mark that had ingrained itself throught the leather! I was having a heart attack, as I always carefully inspect and take pics before I ship a bag, and could not see this spec. Anyway, I advised her to use a baby wipe, and VOILA! All was well. (I think a packing peanut speck got into the dust bag??? who knows. . .I was just glad the baby wipe worked!)

In fact, the story I first heard about had to do with a Camel Box and coffe being spilled all over it, and baby wipes saving the bag! PLus, I heard they help with surface scrapes, which can easily occur on unfinished leather. So YES! Particularly on Box Bags and Smooth Leather!

I love this forum :smile: I accidentally 'wrote' on my dune pebbled micro with red pen.... I was on the verge of freaking out when I remembered the baby wipes. Needless to say, it really worked and all traces are now gone! :smile:

So I got this new nano in dune... I plan to wear it cross-body and I'm very worried about color transfer from my jeans! Should I pre-treat the bag with something (if so, what?) or should I just wear it and try to remove any color transfer that might occur later? Any product recommendations would be so helpful!

I've just bought a Mini Luggage in Souris Drummed Leather, and I'm debating on which waterproofer to get, between the Collonil Nano Pro and the Collonil 1909 Supreme Protect Spray... Any tips?

Hi guys! I just bought a black croc phantom luggage. Do you guys have any tips on caring for it? I'm thinking of waterproofing my bag but I worry that waterproofing will change the appearance of my bag!

Thanks guys!

Just wanted to report that I used the Collonil Nano Pro Nanotech spray on my Tri-Color Mini (smooth cream body, smooth black trim, brown suede wings) and it turned out great. Once it dried, the suede returned to its original color. Phew! I had quite a bit of anxiety with this whole ordeal. I gave the smooth leather a light buff with a t-shirt rag once it dried but have not brushed the suede yet (I have no idea where my suede brush is). I'll have to report back once my purse encounters precipitation.

Hi! What is best to use to protect NUBUCK leather? Initially I thought my tricolor Nano (royal blue, khaki, black) was suede but turns out it is NUBUCK. Is there a special protectant for this type of leather?

I use Bick4 to remove denim transfer from my mini's.

Hi I know you posted about this ages ago, but I wanted to know if you did anything particular with the conditioner for it to clean your bag as well. I use collonil gold polish and found it does condition but didnt real clean as it says it should (perhaps I'm doing something wrong though!) Any help is appreciated!