secondhand "new" le fabuleux vs. boutique new suhali lockit

I'm currently working on saving for the Le Fab myself. It's going to be a long road as I can probably only afford to save about $50 a week at this point, but it will be totally worth it to me in the end. For the price of the bag, I would much rather just save a bit longer and buy directly from the LV boutique rather than scrimp and buy second hand. For the price of this bag, I want new!

Let me get this right...are you trying to decide about a purchase for December?? Cos chances are you'll probably change your mind and want something else! :P And Let-trade doesn't always have the Le Fab ;)

PS. I vote for Le Fab!

guarantee my mind won't change :yes: lol i've always wanted the le fab.

i'm going to see where i end up at that time. i don't make hardly anything with my job right now, but everything i make i am saving and is going towards my purchase later this year. i may be looking for a new job, and if i do that i may be able to end up with more, this is just a guesstimate. but as of right now, adding up the averages i make every two weeks with the amount of paydays left, it's not enough for a boutique-new le fab. if they start giving me more hours this may change, but if they don't i'm going to find a new job. i just know if i walk in there with 4 grand i'm going to have a real hard time. i'll be like "i could have this and this and this and this and this AND this" or, "i could have this." lol it will be difficult.

There is something to be said for paying for the experience of walking into the boutique, selecting your very own brand spanking new Le Fab that you have been drooling over for ages and ages, and bringing it home with you that day.

I haven't bought anything second-hand, mainly because I am afraid (lol) and because I truly want that boutique or brand-new-bag experience. I love the process of talking with my SA, trying out different bags, and choosing the right handbag.

If you are truly okay with getting a Le Fab second-hand, then it would be a great choice since you will be saving money. However, if you have any doubts at all, don't settle; you may want to wait a bit and save for a brand new one that you can buy at the boutique.

I must say that I also have problems plunking down $4000 for just ONE bag even though I've plunked down the same amount for two LV bags in the same day. Somehow I haven't crossed over that psychological barrier. Ha --- we all have our hang-ups.

Good luck! Share pics of your Le Fab when you do get it! And you know you will --- just a matter of time! :graucho:

LE FAB!! If you buy the lockit you may always have a little voice in your head saying "it's not the le fab" I would go with the "in need of a new home bag" (a much better way to think of it)!! This way you can accomplish 2 things 1. get your dream bag at a dream price 2. movtivate yourself to start saving for another LE fab that you can purchase store (or another "in need of a second home"). I purchased the le fabs from eluxury (except for the blue) so I could save the sales tax and I purchased when shipping was free. At first I felt the same way about adopting a le fab so this is why I choose not to but after the fact I wish I would have "adopted" because regardless of where the bag came from I LOVE IT and I would have saved ooohhhh sooo much $$$!

PS: WARNING: My le fabs did drasticaly change my use and outlook of other styles. I no longer get into the seasonal bags and sold of almost my whole LV collection (except my black and white MC speedy and mono 30 speedy).