Secondhand bargains, let's see your cheap treasures!

Yesterday, I purchased scarves. Each scarf was $1. I purchased a Worth, Orient Express, and a beautiful carousel scarf. I watched that scarf and just thought it was a beautiful scarf, until I took a picture of it and googled. It's a Hermes. I was looking for a tag, or just the "Hermes" name in lights. I found it in a pennant and the artist's name in a ribbon.
20240312_180714.jpg20240312_181012.jpg20240313_203429.jpg

Yesterday, I purchased scarves. Each scarf was $1. I purchased a Worth, Orient Express, and a beautiful carousel scarf. I watched that scarf and just thought it was a beautiful scarf, until I took a picture of it and googled. It's a Hermes. I was looking for a tag, or just the "Hermes" name in lights. I found it in a pennant and the artist's name in a ribbon.
View attachment 5965718View attachment 5965719View attachment 5965720
That’s Luna Park! The design was inspired by a Coney Island amusement park that operated from 1903 to 1944.

View attachment 5965718View attachment 5965719View attachment 5965720
Wow!! That’s great Raven! The scarf section at my salval is terrible.

Reactions: Raven3766
Wow!! That’s great Raven! The scarf section at my salval is terrible.
Remember, the woman that gave me the Hermes scarf? She said she just went over to the box and pulled it out. She would go get another one, after she tied it around my neck. Well, that's where I found it. From now on, I'm going to that box every chance I get. :lol:

Found somebody’s obviously handmade simple saddle bag, in the style of the early Coach saddle bags.
Looks never used!, beautiful raw leather!, impeccable stitching!, very interesting colour! At first I thought mustard, then I thought pumpkin or orange- ish, now I’m thinking “squash”. :confused1:
IMG_1796.jpegIMG_1798.jpegIMG_1799.jpegIMG_1797.jpeg
I happened to have on hand a great match for a Twilly…
IMG_1822.jpeg
Wish I knew the craftsperson !

Last edited:
Went to the Salval yesterday to clear my head and just be alone (it’s my happy place), saw this large LV, looked it over, put it back, looked around a bit; went back to the LV and said to myself “what are you crazy?” It’s an Azure Salaya GM from 2008 :smile:. 65.00, whoohooo! My second thrifted LV !

View attachment 5967304
Okay Tomsmom! I see you!!! This is a great find my friend!!!

Reactions: Tomsmom
Found somebody’s obviously handmade simple saddle bag, in the style of the early Coach saddle bags.
Looks never used!, beautiful raw leather!, impeccable stitching!, very interesting colour! At first I thought mustard, then I thought pumpkin or orange- ish, now I’m thinking “squash”. :confused1:
View attachment 5967221View attachment 5967222View attachment 5967223View attachment 5967224
I happened to have on hand a great match for a Twilly…
View attachment 5967225
Wish I knew the craftsperson !
Looks so Coachy! Except for the buckles, I would have been fooled.

Reactions: Molly0 and sdkitty
A couple of them haven't seen in a long time...Patrizia Pepe.

My first Tuckernuck. Love that store. It is where I found all my Lafayette148.

The Betabrand is too big in the waist for me, but I couldn't leave it behind.

Mm lafleur.
My first Graf Lantz. Don't faint at the price; got it 25% off on a Monday.

Last edited: