Secondhand bargains, let's see your cheap treasures!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anne! I bet your son was thrilled! You're so nice to him! I wish I could see the car picture! Welcome back Buddy Girl!

Luv! You scored! That's so much beauty! *drool!*

Raven the Gucci is just lovely!

Mags that belt is to DIE for! Such a great belt and a great price!

I found a few little items ...

long white polyester 1970's True Vintage handmade maxi skirt

this was marked down to $1 and I picked it up, stared at it. Considered it and then put it back down. Temporary insanity. Then I was shopping and another lady grabbed it, exclaimed over it, the old ladies all discussed it and I thought ... "DUMBIE YOU You should held onto that!" But then I just gave up. And she left it. So I grabbed it. Lesson learned. I think with some more modern pieces it could be really fun this spring. It actually looks like something Anthropologie would knock off and make in China and then sell for $100.

I have a soft spot for handmade garments. I have to replace some the exhausted elastic in it. But that's ok.

Gilly Hicks hoodie with fleece. $2 and it's new. It's $80 on eBay (new) ... it is so soft ... like a Boobie. :biggrin: It's my new favorite hoodie.

Great time of year to buy sweaters and cold weather stuff cause it's crazy on sale at the thrifts.

$2 Pringle Cashmere ... the first I have found!

It's so beautifully made, I can store it and wear it next cold season ...
Oh my, the strawberries... so pretty! And I am glad that now you own a Pringle cashmere top, it's such great quality! Strangely enough I find that the vintage Scottish cashmere is not as "plushy" as the modern cashmere. Hard to explain but there is a distinct difference. Here kitty kitty..lol
Sometimes it's hard to get the authentication. They are like the Wizard of Oz and I am Dorothy. I am afraid to ask!:lol: Anyway, can you tell the date by the serial#? If so,
IMG_20130409_204037-1_zpsd6593314.jpg
Sorry, I am not good with tags.. but here is a link of very knowledgeable Gucci peole:

http://forum.purseblog.com/gucci/gucci-vintage-information-thread-660420-33.html

good luck!

Hey everyone!

Here are more pics from Friday ;)

Everything here was $1
View attachment 2135199

The 7FAM and hoodie NWT from gap will go to my niece. The leotard is for DD1 who is obsessed with leotards. The white top is Marc By Marc Jacobs but too small so i will probably put it up for sale

The BCBG was $6
View attachment 2135201

And the shoes were $1 each

Kate Spade, Ralph Lauren collection, Stuart Weizman, a few Zanotti, Pedro Garcia, Toms, Manolo and Barney's - only problem is I didn't realize they're both right feet - darn!
View attachment 2135205
View attachment 2135206

Still looking for a shoe guy to repair the Louboutins... Since I broke up with mine :sad:

Nice shoe haul. Who made the sparkly flats? They're cute.

My St John

30F2496E-7132-4DD6-AF05-2E131D7C8A91-12861-00001376B5AACAEB.jpg

B2AF17B0-DB55-495F-9185-7C7C311B98E0-12861-00001376A6F02408.jpg

I'm a good size 6 or 8 in a dress no way this is a 12 maybe it was altered or shrank. I put it in the Washing machine (I know....) and it reeked of dry clean chemicals (gag). I aired it outside and the smell got better thank goodness

Anne! I bet your son was thrilled! You're so nice to him! I wish I could see the car picture! Welcome back Buddy Girl!

Luv! You scored! That's so much beauty! *drool!*

Raven the Gucci is just lovely!

Mags that belt is to DIE for! Such a great belt and a great price!

I found a few little items ...
IMG_7866.jpg

long white polyester 1970's True Vintage handmade maxi skirt

IMG_7864.jpg

this was marked down to $1 and I picked it up, stared at it. Considered it and then put it back down. Temporary insanity. Then I was shopping and another lady grabbed it, exclaimed over it, the old ladies all discussed it and I thought ... "DUMBIE YOU You should held onto that!" But then I just gave up. And she left it. So I grabbed it. Lesson learned. I think with some more modern pieces it could be really fun this spring. It actually looks like something Anthropologie would knock off and make in China and then sell for $100.

I have a soft spot for handmade garments. I have to replace some the exhausted elastic in it. But that's ok.

IMG_7868.jpg

Gilly Hicks hoodie with fleece. $2 and it's new. It's $80 on eBay (new) ... it is so soft ... like a Boobie. :biggrin: It's my new favorite hoodie.

IMG_7871.jpg

Great time of year to buy sweaters and cold weather stuff cause it's crazy on sale at the thrifts.

IMG_7814.jpg

$2 Pringle Cashmere ... the first I have found!

IMG_7810-1.jpg

It's so beautifully made, I can store it and wear it next cold season ...

Love the skirt, adorable!!! I found my first Pringle too a month or so ago. Yayy!!

Today I had 2 shopping disappointments:
#1 - I saw a Michael Stars made in CHINA shirt...
#2 - Finally found an Equipment blouse at Marchalls for $60 and realize it's POLYESTER not silk :sad:

I've seen Made in China Michael Stars in TJ maxx. Very sad.

Love your cat :P

Hey everyone!

Here are more pics from Friday ;)

Jaw-on-FLOOR!!

Love love love that BCBG. That should be my wedding reception dress.

Those loubs are a bit banged up, would be interesting to see how they get fixed up! I would totally rock them as-is.

What are you looking for exactly? Besides purses obviously, since you're on this forum :P. Just curious.

Yeah, the small ones are kind of disappointing most of the time, but you never know. I'd definitely go if they were nearby, but not if they were a hassle to get to. Some of them are actually near each other so that's nice too.

Actually, I've come across this one blog with a lot of amazing designer finds, and that person seems to buy most of their stuff at the Vancouver VV's! Lots of great stuff in your area.

https://whatchafind.wordpress.com/

I'm actually not looking for purses :smile: I just rotate between my neverfull and backpack so I'm all set! I just look for wearable items that are my style and by a brand name. My style isn't that fancy, minimalistic and comfortable, except when I dress up.
I took a look at that blog O_O Holy ballsss I want to thift with them! Seems too incredible to be able to find those brands in a thrift store... I guess you never know! Have you ever found brands like that?

Status
Not open for further replies.