scratched/scraped epsom kelly sellier help!

hautevita

Jan 17, 2013
hi ladies,

i am very sad. i have a big scratch (looks like a smily smile mouth) across the front of the kelly which is an epsom sellier 28. i brought it in to hermes and my SA said they can ship it to try get it 'repaired' but from the looks of it, it looks like it would return back the same and i would be paying a lot of money for having it return back to me looking the same, as the scratch is pretty deep and it lifted the colour off.

do any of you have any suggestions? will rubbing my finger (the natural oil) help blur it over time? with prolong use, will the scar darken to match the rest or will it be there forever? :sad:

how do your epsom kellys hold up? is this normal or was i unlucky cause i hung a bag charm and it had sharp crystal edges, swinging back and forth scraping the epsom leather T_T

20140426_154904.jpg

20140426_154914.jpg

I personally would continue to use it and see how the mark changes over time. I am no leather expert, but I don't see how it could be repaired. I think marks on Epsom fade in over time, but hopefully someone more knowledgable chimes in.
If it bothers you, add a bag charm (sans crystals) to hide part of the mark. Otherwise, just enjoy your beautiful bag!

You have a beautiful Kelly and a great size! I feel your heartache.

I would send it in to Hermes and see what they can do (especially if it bothers u a lot). I've not tried hermes spa or repair service (actually going to send my Lindy in for the first time tomorrow for a spa that will take at least 3 months according to the SA) but I've sent my lamb skin blue color CHANEL to a local shop in Singapore and they did wonders (re-color) to the bag and it came back looking brand new.

I think it is a worth a try considering this bag will be with you for a long time.

sorry Darling this is one of the reasons i dont like epsom i do not believe they can do much but dont dispair much because you can send it off to be costumized and maybe have the panels colored to ebene and it ebene gold make a beautiful two tone Kelly !!! so hope this helps best birkel

hi ladies,

i am very sad. i have a big scratch (looks like a smily smile mouth) across the front of the kelly which is an epsom sellier 28. i brought it in to hermes and my SA said they can ship it to try get it 'repaired' but from the looks of it, it looks like it would return back the same and i would be paying a lot of money for having it return back to me looking the same, as the scratch is pretty deep and it lifted the colour off.

do any of you have any suggestions? will rubbing my finger (the natural oil) help blur it over time? with prolong use, will the scar darken to match the rest or will it be there forever? :sad:

how do your epsom kellys hold up? is this normal or was i unlucky cause i hung a bag charm and it had sharp crystal edges, swinging back and forth scraping the epsom leather T_T

20140426_154904.jpg

20140426_154914.jpg

As your SA suggested you should send it to hermes, to get an expert opinion at the very least. You could also post here: http://forum.purseblog.com/hermes-r...mares-and-hermes-leather-care-295160-560.html and ask. To be perfectly honest it doesn't look like a bit deal, just breathe and relax, - if you use a bag it will get some signs of wear, no one really notices, I certainly wouldn't.

I personally wouldn't send it to spa. I would just use a bit shoe cream, apply with a soft cloth. Blend in and buff gently. It should make it less obvious. I have done this to my epsom Kelly with good results. I doubt that "spa" would make that much a difference.

I agree with ladysarah and please check with Docride on the leather care thread. She'll be able to let you know if something can be done to minimize the look (like what xiangxiang0731 said, some Tarrago shoe polish, etc.). You should also do a search on that thread to see if similar issues have been addressed in the past. Epsom is a pressed leather so unlike box calf or other types of leather, I imagine it'd be a bit hard to just buff it out. At H spa, they may have to replace the panel for you--I'm guessing. G'luck.

I personally wouldn't send it to spa. I would just use a bit shoe cream, apply with a soft cloth. Blend in and buff gently. It should make it less obvious. I have done this to my epsom Kelly with good results. I doubt that "spa" would make that much a difference.
I agree, and after a disappointing spa experience that took 6 months. I buy high quality shoe creams in matching colours and deal with surface issues like this myself.

I personally don't think sending it to spa will help much. Agree with others, try to ask Docride for suggestions and also try what XiangXiang said. I'm sorry to be a downer, please don't get your hope up too high, once any leather is scratched, it cannot be made brand new again.

No worry, bring it to boutique and they can re-color the scratches and you will never see them anymore. I had this done with my rt and rc birkins, and it solves everything.
Good luck!