scratched/scraped epsom kelly sellier help!

It doesn't look like a cut, but rather scrapes. I'm sure the appearance can be minimized by colored polish, although in the right light and angle, you'll still be able to see where the leather was damaged. Personally, I'd send to Hermes ONLY because trying to match this shade of brown/tan might be tricky. You don't want to apply a color that ends up being a bit too orange or too yellow, and then the spot becomes even more noticeable..or you make the spot worse by trying to remove the wrong colored polish. And if you try to dye, you'd better be doubly sure that you have an exact match. Hermes probably has an exact polish match to Gold already mixed up since it is one of their classic colors. I've found that the results of Hermes spa for certain repairs (repairing resin especially) vary according to where you send it, but touching up a spot with colored polish should be a fairly simple task that any craftsman should be able to do well. Good luck, and remember, only fuzzy charms on your beautiful Kelly!

I personally wouldn't send it to spa. I would just use a bit shoe cream, apply with a soft cloth. Blend in and buff gently. It should make it less obvious. I have done this to my epsom Kelly with good results. I doubt that "spa" would make that much a difference.

o wow, what shoe cream did you use? how much of it do u use and what colour was ur kelly epsom? I'm so scared of doing anything myself! was ur scratch like mines? and by buffing, how does one buff = =" thanks so much!!

I agree with ladysarah and please check with Docride on the leather care thread. She'll be able to let you know if something can be done to minimize the look (like what xiangxiang0731 said, some Tarrago shoe polish, etc.). You should also do a search on that thread to see if similar issues have been addressed in the past. Epsom is a pressed leather so unlike box calf or other types of leather, I imagine it'd be a bit hard to just buff it out. At H spa, they may have to replace the panel for you--I'm guessing. G'luck.

thanks fabfashion, by replacing the panel, does it mean removing that whole leather piece in the front?! O_o i had no idea hermes spa could do that...my SA told me it would be a waste to send to spa as she does not think there would be much that could be changed.

No worry, bring it to boutique and they can re-color the scratches and you will never see them anymore. I had this done with my rt and rc birkins, and it solves everything.
Good luck!

hmm, i wonder why my SA never told me that they can re-cover the scratches, what leather was ur birkins and the colour? I'm intrigued to know more about this

thanks fabfashion, by replacing the panel, does it mean removing that whole leather piece in the front?! O_o i had no idea hermes spa could do that...my SA told me it would be a waste to send to spa as she does not think there would be much that could be changed.

I've never personally had mine done but read a number of posts on tPF about others who had their bags repaired at the spa where leather and even hardware were replaced.

It all depends on how comfortable you are at doing it yourself. Please check with Docride on the vintage thread. http://forum.purseblog.com/hermes-r...ightmares-and-hermes-leather-care-295160.html If you read that thread you'll see that most times Hermes will put a matching polish on it but polish does wear off over time, it's not a dye. As ouija board mentioned above, even with the polish touch up, whether by yourself or by H, you will probably be able to see the scrape spot at a certain angle. It probably won't be so obvious unless you really look for it. G'luck.

It doesn't look that bad. I generally find epsom durable . Have you tried using lovin my bags cleaner on it? I also would not send it to the spa. You'll wait , only to use a bag that may come back looking the same. Use it ! it's hardly noticeable. I've seen bags being resold in far worse condition:smile:

It doesn't look that bad. I generally find epsom durable . Have you tried using lovin my bags cleaner on it? I also would not send it to the spa. You'll wait , only to use a bag that may come back looking the same. Use it ! it's hardly noticeable. I've seen bags being resold in far worse condition:smile:
+1:smile:

hmm, i wonder why my SA never told me that they can re-cover the scratches, what leather was ur birkins and the colour? I'm intrigued to know more about this
They can absolutely re-color scratches. I brought a coucheval (similar leather to your bag and the predecessor to Epsom) Bolide to the H Madison spa that had DESTROYED corners - the leather basically rubbed off. They colored the corners for me and it made a world of a difference. Here is a before and after

Before

After