Scratch/scuff/mark on Gucci leather

I would love to get the matching wallet but I hate wallets that do not have a clear ID slot. I hate having to pull my ID out. I have a Coach wallet I LOVE. It has the clear ID slot on the back of the wallet and when someone asks to see my ID I don't even have to open my wallet to show them. It is right there.

So... how do you ladies advise to protect gucci leather bags against scratching? Just today, I bought a princy medium boston bag in chocolate guccissima, and I would hate to see it all scratched up. :sad:

Conditioner? Leather protectant? Do the apple guard and leather protectant spray work fine on guccissima leather?

My Guccia SA told me she used a Cadillac leather conditioner (?) for her leather bags and it works really well to hide minor scratches and just to keep your bags looking lush.

I just sprayed fabric protector on my gucci princey hobo bag and i accidentally sprayed even the leather--- I am close to tears now cause now one of the gold leather parts of the bag has white spots on it!:sad:

Would the natural shoe polish do any wonders for my problem? Please help! Thanks!

Hi Absolutanne,

I am afraid you and all others that have the misfortune to buy Gucci leathers are going to experience these problems.

I know because I just talked to a Gucci Group Customer Care person and he said all Gucci leather is UNCOATED. This means that it will stain and age quickly no matter what. It does not say it anywhere on the sewn in or attached labels, so I guess we have to learn by our mistake in trustig a leading design company like Gucci. Of course when you buy the product, you may spray it or have it processed at your own expense, but Gucci takes no responsibility for it.

I work for a man who just bought a gorgeous $3000 brown leather jacket, wore it 2 days and accidently got caught in the rain. He took it back because it was stained by the rain, was given a difficult time because the salesperson said it was uncoated leather and my boss should have known that would happen. He asked me to call Gucci for him and put in a complaint for him which I did and is in progress.

I really suggest that all of you with similar experiences out there write to the Gucci Group (73 Via Tornabuoni 50100, Florence, Italy) and put in your complaints. Take pictures and show them their product is only good for the showroom windows and not for real use and maybe it will get their attention that something needs to be done to protect their sales as well as their leathers.

If we all do our part maybe we can have the quality back in the Gucci prodcuts we all know and love.

Good Luck

I think this is a good idea Krisicat! i really love gucci and I would really love to continue patronizing gucci but lately we've had lots of complaints quality wise. I thought it was just the fabric I didn't know that the leather also has a lot of problems too.

I own a coach bag and honestly, I would have to say it has better quality than gucci! i dont baby my coach bag but the canvas fabric is still intact. with gucci, you'd have to be really careful since if it rubs on something there would be little balls of thread ( i dont know what to call it) sticking out already. the black canvas is the worst because it scratches soo easy

what do you think tpfers? I think its time we do something about it....just a thought

I have a chocolate guccisima belt that looks brand new after 5 months of abusive wear. When I first bought it, I applied the COACH leather moisturizer, twice for better results, after it dried I sprayed KIWI protect-all twice also. My belt has one scratch since I first brought it home (silly me didn't check it while I was in the store), but luckily there are no additional scratches after I treated it and the color loss on guccisima leather everyone's fearing about is not happening, maybe you should try it. TIA

I believe that the scratches and scuffs should be considered qualities as stated in the cura del prodotto provided by gucci. At first I was a bit upset to see that my bags and wallets had scuffs and wearing, but when you look at them it really adds a ton of character to the product making it uniquely and authentically yours.
icon7.gif

hi!

i need help with my Gucci bag. it got stained. But i don't knw hw my bag got it. I think it's from the handles dye? i can't seem to get rid of the ugly stains. help! i have a gucci crystal mix tote bag.

I have the chocolate guccissima bag and tan guccissima wallet, both more or less one year old, and they seem to be holding up quite well. My wallet is 1.5 years and I use it daily, and it's still in mint condition, no scratches almost new. And I hate to say this too, I'm not exactly gentle with it, just throw it in whatever bag I'm using. I did try to polish them with wilson's conditioner couple of months ago, it lifted most surface dirt and conditioned them at the same time.

I have the same problem! I bought a gorgeous guccissima bag from bluefly.com and theres already two scuffs on one corner. I find that with leather, you do have to baby it more and I dont like it. I prefer mostly canvas, it's prettier too. I don't really understand the concept behind paying almost double the price for leather yet you have to baby the hell out of it!

I have a two guccisima leather bags (WEB hobo and D Tote)- I am very satisfied with them, so far no marks, if there is...its not obvious.

Balenciaga has a far more sensitive leather than Guccissima.

I've never had this problem so I am confused by this thread! I own a large D ring Hobo in camel Guccissima, a Sukey Boston in chocolate Guccissima, both look brand new and are very heavily used. I have a young son and these bags *really* get beat up. I have no scratches at all, which is one of the reasons I like Guccissima. I also have a medium Jackie in chocolate, I think it's made from lambskin and that has a teeny tiny not noticeable scratch. Again very heavily used. Other non scratched Gucci items I own, a lambskin wallet, a python clutch and a papillion clutch. If anything my only Gucci items that show wear are the canvas ones. I have a tote and a couple of cosmetic cases and those definitely show wear and color transfer.