Scotchguard Leather Protector

Lee69 said:
^ I've only used Scotchguard. So I cannot compare them...wait for someone who has try all 3 products;) BTW dirt can still get on the vachetta it won't glide away (only liquid). But Scotchguard leaves a film of protective layer so it makes cleaning easier.:yes:

hmm doesnt that restrict the bag from breathing? ad will the film be washed away if I use say a baby wipe to clean up the dirt? And what I mean by dirt glidng away, is If I use a baby wipe will there be any dirt left or will it glide or with a baby wipe.

It's recommended for leather so I think it's OK.( actually this was recommended by my dry cleaner. They use Scotchguard to protect and waterproof leathers ).Yes everytime you wipe it you'll have to respray it. When I clean mine dirts come off easily. Look as I said try it on a leather patch first and see how you go.;)

Lee, I did it!!!! Looks great! No color change at all. My Mono Canvas is shinier though.....Maybe it hasnt fully dried. BUT the handles dried so fast! yipee!

rica_apalma said:
Lee, I did it!!!! Looks great! No color change at all. My Mono Canvas is shinier though.....Maybe it hasnt fully dried. BUT the handles dried so fast! yipee!
:nuts: That was fast! I'm glad it worked for you ! IMO you don't need to spray the canvas as it's already treated:yes:

You're welcome rishin:flowers:

Lee69 said:
:nuts: That was fast! I'm glad it worked for you ! IMO you don't need to spray the canvas as it's already treated:yes:

i didnt spray the canvas, but the spray got on it when i did the vachetta:sad: i wiped the canvas off lightly w babywipes...was that bad?

rica_apalma said:
Lee69 said:

i didnt spray the canvas, but the spray got on it when i did the vachetta:sad: i wiped the canvas off lightly w babywipes...was that bad?

the canvas is coated and the ladies here swear by babywiped so I say u did a very smart thing by using babywipes although anything sof would have been fine.

BTW funny story I was buying baby wipes earlier 2day for one of my bags and I'm 17 and the clerk looked at me like I was some sorta weirdo for buying baby wipes, haha.

rishin said:
rica_apalma said:
the canvas is coated and the ladies here swear by babywiped so I say u did a very smart thing by using babywipes although anything sof would have been fine.

BTW funny story I was buying baby wipes earlier for one of my bags and I'm 17 and the clerk looked at me like I was some sorta weirdo for buying baby wipes, haha.

:lol: well, its for your baby, your LV baby

:sweatdrop: phew thank god it was ok to wipe off the canvas w wipes...it would suck to have great vachetta but lousy canvas!!!!

ok, everyone...i just finished my 2nd coat of the scotchguard leather protector about 30min. ago.:roflmfao: The vachetta is dry already (actually it dries almost instantly). My vachetta looks perfect!!! I might be seeing things (inhaling all those fumes:blink: ) but it actually looks just a tad bit lighter than what it was before the spraying....My hardware looks good, all is well in the land of Batignolles...:happydance:

varsha624 said:
be careful guys...scotchgard is carcinogenic..I persoanlly would not use it on something I touch and carry a lot like a purse...just my 2 cents

how do you know that? even the leather protector version of scotchguard?

varsha624 said:
be careful guys...scotchgard is carcinogenic..I persoanlly would not use it on something I touch and carry a lot like a purse...just my 2 cents
:wtf: Can you let me know how you found out??? I would really like to know cos I've been using it :Push:. Just wonder why they're still selling the leather protecter ?:confused1: