Scarves Scarves storage/display and care

I currently am using several of these wooden (craft type) drawers.
I feel comfortable with no more than 8 90s per drawer. I separate by color. Showing an example of my purple drawer - a color I do not normally buy.
I lined each drawer with padded paper and keep my wash scarves in a separate drawer together.
I do not use these for my CSGMs right now.
View attachment 4883056View attachment 4883057
nice! 18-24 inches wide?

Reactions: MAGJES
I feel comfortable with no more than 8 90s per drawer. I separate by color. Showing an example of my purple drawer - a color I do not normally buy.
I lined each drawer with padded paper and keep my wash scarves in a separate drawer together.
acid free paper, I hope ?

I add as a top layer when I close the drawer....but not underneath at this time. I need to acquire more and do this.
Be still my beating heart, please get some acid free tissue paper - cheap - Amazon sells, for ex

I have a thing against acid bearing paper, arghhh , my father collected old rare books, and the ones printed on bad paper discolor everything

You can get acid free cardboards to put on top - they dont fly away, I can look up the seller if you are interest, cheap relative to the cost of an HS

Please do this for the team ! LOL

Be still my beating heart, please get some acid free tissue paper - cheap - Amazon sells, for ex

I have a thing against acid bearing paper, arghhh , my father collected old rare books, and the ones printed on bad paper discolor everything

You can get acid free cardboards to put on top - they dont fly away, I can look up the seller if you are interest, cheap relative to the cost of an HS

I never thought to use acid free drawer liners for scarves—what is “HS”?

Reactions: katriona
I have read this all. I love it. I’m a new collector. So far I have put my scarves in acrylic stackable drawers ( will post a pic) and I pull a different drawer out half way every day To let them air out. So it was news to me here to read about the skin oils and odors attracting moths and to not storing them immediately after wearing And about the potential breakdown of them because they are a protein.
Out of my normal ocd, after wearing a scarf I would hang it on a velvet lined rod so that it could air out and the wrinkles from the knot would b more likely to loosen out. My question: do you guys think this is an acceptable way to do it before putting the scarf back in the chosen method of storage ( my drawer)?
And thanks to you, I will line my drawers with acid free paper. I might also fold them inside out maybe for any potential dust or stuff as mentioned here.
AND I am always torn whether to fold them in storage or roll them. I’ve now done both. I know the folds can indent for the worse if I rarely take that scarf out. I also believe the scarf can get weird wrinkles and puckering in a roll :-/.

I have read this all. I love it. I’m a new collector. So far I have put my scarves in acrylic stackable drawers ( will post a pic) and I pull a different drawer out half way every day To let them air out. So it was news to me here to read about the skin oils and odors attracting moths and to not storing them immediately after wearing And about the potential breakdown of them because they are a protein.
Out of my normal ocd, after wearing a scarf I would hang it on a velvet lined rod so that it could air out and the wrinkles from the knot would b more likely to loosen out. My question: do you guys think this is an acceptable way to do it before putting the scarf back in the chosen method of storage ( my drawer)?
And thanks to you, I will line my drawers with acid free paper. I might also fold them inside out maybe for any potential dust or stuff as mentioned here.
AND I am always torn whether to fold them in storage or roll them. I’ve now done both. I know the folds can indent for the worse if I rarely take that scarf out. I also believe the scarf can get weird wrinkles and puckering in a roll :-/.
I also hang mine on a hanger to air out before putting back in the drawers - so far so good! I also fold them like they do in the boutiques. I've thought about folding them inside out, but decided I like looking at them right side out. :giggle:

I am rather compulsive with my scarves. I store each individual one with museum quality acid free tissue paper between the folds
& refresh with each season or as needed.
I have never had any issues . I also use lavender wands. I don't put scarves in any area where there is strong
light or in plastic. My shelves are specially treated for my clothes, bags, scarves..
I have a significant investment in my wardrobe & want to preserve it to the best of my ability.
For those who like lavender, Mai Tai's lavender sachets are lovely & just need a squeeze to reresh
Well worth the investment JMO
I also stuff my H handbags which are mostly Kellys with acid free tissue paper as well & change often.
I don't use any synthetic pillows or any other kind of stuffing with the exception of a cotton t shirt.

Last edited:

Ordered and should be in the drawers by the weekend! :flowers:

I am rather compulsive with my scarves. I store each individual one with museum quality acid free tissue paper between the folds
& refresh with each season or as needed.
I have never had any issues . I also use lavender wands. I don't put scarves in any area where there is strong
light or in plastic. My shelves are specially treated for my clothes, bags, scarves..
I have a significant investment in my wardrobe & want to preserve it to the best of my ability.
For those who like lavender, Mai Tai's lavender sachets are lovely & just need a squeeze to reresh
Well worth the investment JMO
I also stuff my H handbags which are mostly Kellys with acid free tissue paper as well & change often.
I don't use any synthetic pillows or any other kind of stuffing with the exception of a cotton t shirt.
Wow! I am so amazed by your storage. I am taking notes! What type of treatment do your shelves have?:flowers: