Scarfs on Bags - What are your Thoughts?

I like putting a scarf or a charm on my bag depending on the bag and the time of year. For the fall, I have an apple charm on my bag. I might get a brightly colored scarf to tie onto a bag during the spring/summer.

this is my black RM Matinee bag with the Pucci scarf slipped through the hardware on one end of the bag. I like how it brings out the blue suede of the bag. It's hard to tell (because the color doesn't photograph well), but the RM MAB in the background is the Glazed Espresso. I think the pinks and purples of the scarf will look nice against that bag. What do you guys think?

Attachments

• DCFC0163.JPG
    DCFC0163.JPG
    138.8 KB · Views: 112
  • DCFC0165.JPG
    DCFC0165.JPG
    104.2 KB · Views: 65
Tying a scarf on a handbag is very vintage - some may say old fashioned. It's been done for decades and with the right bag and scarf size, can really add more of a pop to your outfit. Back in the day, women wore scarves all the time, around their neck if they got cold - on their head to keep their hairdo in place, etc. When they were not using their scarf, they would tie it around their handbags....hand held, of course!

I think the secret is to find the right size scarf for the bag - and to have the scarf be of a material that drapes nicely. The scarf can tie (no pun intended) your whole outfit together.

There's something sophisticated AND non-chalant about having your scarf tied to your bag - just in case you need to use it!

Go for it!

I love scarves on bags, a nice pop of color, but making it work depends upon the scarf and the bag. The RM bags look great with scarves IMHO. I've tried whittling a few old scarves down to size to tie on my bags but it just hasn't worked for me. It all depends upon the bag.

I'm using the scarf on my black bag right now - I really like how the colors look against the black leather and I betcha it will really brighten up my other black bags. Sometimes I hate buying black bags becuz they can get so boring after a while - this scarf will give them a whole new look! And then I'kll always have something to tie in my hair if I need to pull it back.

I've always been one to do my own thing - If I like something, I stay with it whether it's "IN" or "OUT". Uggs - I still wear them, even the colored ones. They are so comfortable and warm, especially in the middle of a cold Chicago winter!! Leggings - I will probably wear them long after they've gone "out" cuz they are so comfortable and flatter my figure. I've actually had black pairs that I've had for years that I would wear with oversized sweaters & sweatshirts around the house! My higher waisted jeans - I still wear them (with a top untucked) and my kids want to know why my pants come up so high - Who cares? who can see it when the bottom of my shirt covers it up!

So I imagine I will use the scarf whether the consensus is ney since I like the colors and the way it brightens my bags. I don't usually spend money on scarves and I don't think I'd spend more than $100 for one ever (this one was on sale for $40). Altho I do like the Hermes Twilly that was brought to my attention by a PF'er - I would spend it in that case, just so I could own something by Hermes!!! I can't believe some people pay $200 and up for scarves - esp those Alexander McQueen ones. I love how those look, always have, but would NEVER spend so much for a scarf like that!!!

For now, I'm happy with my Pucci scarf - I love the color combinations and have always like the look of Pucci. I could just never afford the clothing! Now I have just a little piece of Pucci that will go with so many things in my closet!!

iluvmybags- good for you! I also like the scarf on the bag look and I do that, whenever I can remember! I also have used Coach scarves as belts- the long, skinny ones. Even my husband commented that it looks sexy.