Scarves Scarf Of The Day - Which Hermès scarf are you wearing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This was an informative exercise, even with my small collection. Here are my five most-worn scarves, in no particular order: Savana Dance, Iris, Legendes de l'Arbre Coloriage, Chaines et Gourmettes, Brides et Gris-Gris. Themes: muted cool-toned colors (blues, greens, purples), not too many different colors in one scarf , curved or circular motifs, nature/botanical, 70 cm. The taupe/brown of Chaines and Brides tones with my hair color.
View attachment 3773224
GLORIOUS choices! I love the patterns and colors of each one! Thank you for sharing:smile:

Reactions: Langsam
23 July 2017 TOO DARN HOT! LITTLE SILKS: gavroches & twillys
Atlanta GA has been 95F for the past week and when it rains, it seems like steam comes off the streets -- little scarves are about all a Scarfie can bear (at least until one gets indoors with the air conditioning).
I love my twillies and seem to have just the right number of them (unlike my 90s, which seem to breed when I'm not looking).
Here's the not-very-classy way I keep them smooth on a plastic hanger in my office so I can "grab and go" when I leave the house:
Twillys Summer 2017.jpg
left to right: Tres Kelly, Rocabar, Fleurs et Papillons de Tissus, Au Pays des Oiseaux, De Passage a Tokyo, Tout en Carre, Mediterrannee, and another Fleurs et Papillons

Here are some in action, showing wear with and without a gold scarf ring, a silver cadena, just a knot and a gold mors ring.
twilly composite 4.jpg

I have too many gavroches, but they're also fun to wear...especially in pairs!
From top left clockwise: Cheval Surprise Coloriage with Zebra Pegasus folded in triangles and tied together in the back then passed through a black Infinity scarf ring, the same two gavroches paired again in a clever double knot necklace I once saw on the Bay, Les Cavaliers d'Or with an open (cool!) mors ring, a pair of Mademoiselle Soies tied in a square knot, Un Jardin Sur La Toit with a decorative scarf ring, and (center) Regina and Fantasies Indiennes tied in separate chou-chou knots.
gavroche composite 6.jpg
And my two newest...
Space Shopping
gavroche Space Shopping.jpg
Le Jardin de la Maharani Decadre
gavroche Le Jardin de la Maharani Decadre.jpg
More tying ideas welcome this week...stay cool, everyone!

Last edited:
Today - for my 5th choice and this is partly due to the weather which is stormy today - is Cuivreries.

I wore this and Carrelages a LOT while we were in France. Which was in late April, early May - so spring-time - and it was alternately chilly, rainy and sunny. So this scarf was worn on the days that I didn't want to worry about what might happen to it!

This is today's rainy day favorite
View attachment 3770725

And this is a scarf on site sorta - a windy day in Paris
View attachment 3770727
Love the scarf-on-site and your taste in classic H designs!

these are my top-5 at the moment
I like the eclectic mix of classic and modern in your top five!

Here are my five and I am confused that they have come out different sizes! Very strange. Anyway, first is Under the Waves because of the lovely design and the aqua and the turquoise and the giant turtle and, and...
Then De La Mer au Ciel because I obviously like sea themes and the clever spiral in the design.

View attachment 3769734
This colourway of Dans un Jardin Anglais for the wonderful background deep lilac colour and the English garden theme and the little animals and birds and the peacocks - love, love love this scarf! Do you get the idea that I kind of love this scarf?
Escales Mediterranéenes for the tiny painted vases in the corners. If any of you have read the Scarf of the Moment profile posts on my blog, you will know why this scarf especially speaks to me.

View attachment 3769735
Now, why did this image come out so huge again? La Promenade de Platon because it was my first ever H scarf and I shut my eyes as I clicked "Buy". This one also has my fave theme of the Ancient World. I want to collect more, but I hardly ever see scarves with Ancient Greek designs around.

View attachment 3769736

Many thanks to everyone who has recently commented or liked any of my posts. You are all so very lovely and kind. I don't post very often because my collection is so small and because writing my blog each afternoon makes me so tired. Writing is helping to pull myself up mentally so that I can deal with the horrible physical conditions.

Trying to keep smiling and (mostly succeeding),

:heart::heart:
It's so wonderful to see how much your love of scarves brings joy to your life, dear. Thank you for sharing your five.

This week's theme is a real challenge! I guess the only way to contribute is to dive right in! :heart: Here we go!
View attachment 3769441
My five favourites are (in no order): Cheval Surprise remix - a sentimental gift from family; Sieste au Paradis - love the calming mountain and blue water; Flamingo Party Tatooage - jacquard silk (!); Parures de Samourais in cw5 - the armour, Japanese motifs, and balance of colours are magnificent (and the only design I have in multiple cw's); and Caducee Rock - my easiest-to-wear cashmere silk.
View attachment 3769443
I love these, my sentimental scarves with beautiful blues or metallic accents that feature designs with depth and come with fascinating scarf stories.

I love all your choices, dear litchi! I'm still eyeing cw 05 in Samourais ... Cousins on Cheval Surprise and I think I will regret not picking up a Sieste. [emoji21]

Beautiful! This whole photograph is frame worthy! This colorway of JL is OUTSTANDING!

Oh- this is so fabulous! You have some great picks!

Such a fabulous CSGM, well modelled by you, Joannadyne! :cool:

This is beautiful, Joanna, and you do the most splendid makeup. If you are not in an artistic profession, I'd be surprised. You have a gift for putting colors together.

Thank you so much for such wonderful compliments! You girls are too sweet, really! I freely admit the camera is my friend when I take selfies - it makes me look a lot thinner than I actually am, heh heh. And these scarf shots are usually in ideal, air-conditioned conditions - add the slightest bit of heat and humidity or catch me at the end of the day and I've pretty much melted into this (add frizzy hair):
IMG_1500845053.839985.jpg

This was an informative exercise, even with my small collection. Here are my five most-worn scarves, in no particular order: Savana Dance, Iris, Legendes de l'Arbre Coloriage, Chaines et Gourmettes, Brides et Gris-Gris. Themes: muted cool-toned colors (blues, greens, purples), not too many different colors in one scarf , curved or circular motifs, nature/botanical, 70 cm. The taupe/brown of Chaines and Brides tones with my hair color.
View attachment 3773224

Ooh, lovely choices, Langsam! I like how you've analyzed your five, too. I'm more of a magpie, attracted to bright things. [emoji12]

Atlanta GA has been 95F for the past week and when it rains, it seems like steam comes off the streets -- little scarves are about all a Scarfie can bear (at least until one gets indoors with the air conditioning).
I love my twillies and seem to have just the right number of them (unlike my 90s, which seem to breed when I'm not looking).
Here's the not-very-classy way I keep them smooth on a plastic hanger in my office so I can "grab and go" when I leave the house:
View attachment 3773274
left to right: Tres Kelly, Rocabar, Fleurs et Papillons de Tissus, Au Pays des Oiseaux, De Passage a Tokyo, Tout en Carre, Mediterrannee, and another Fleurs et Papillons

Here are some in action, showing wear with and without a gold scarf ring, a silver cadena, just a knot and a gold mors ring.
View attachment 3773278

From top left clockwise: Cheval Surprise Coloriage with Zebra Pegasus folded in triangles and tied together in the back then passed through a black Infinity scarf ring, the same two gavroches paired again in a clever double knot necklace I once saw on the Bay, Les Cavaliers d'Or with an open (cool!) mors ring, a pair of Mademoiselle Soies tied in a square knot, Un Jardin Sur La Toit with a decorative scarf ring, and (center) Regina and Fantasies Indiennes tied in separate chou-chou knots.
View attachment 3773284
And my two newest...
Space Shopping
View attachment 3773309
View attachment 3773310

Oh, dear scarfmistress, I so look forward to your posts because they are so meaty with an abundance of scarfy goodness! I love how you pack so many examples of not just design or cws but mod shots, too. Thank you for the time you devote to your posts. [emoji175][emoji177][emoji175]

Oh, dear scarfmistress, I so look forward to your posts because they are so meaty with an abundance of scarfy goodness! I love how you pack so many examples of not just design or cws but mod shots, too. Thank you for the time you devote to your posts. [emoji175][emoji177][emoji175]
Thank you, dear Joannadyne! I'm glad you enjoy the collages -- I started doing them because I'm getting close to running out of picture space here on TPF. I don't know if I can get a special dispensation (because Scarfmistress), but I don't want to take any chances on having to retire without notice!

Reactions: Cordeliere
View attachment 3773274

View attachment 3773278

View attachment 3773284
And my two newest...
Space Shopping
View attachment 3773309
View attachment 3773310
You've set a beautiful, enabling example yet again, ABQ2ATL! Thank you!

I'm glad we've finally reached this week's theme! It's been so hot lately I've been wearing my Brides de Gala Love twilly. :heart: My twillies multiply when I'm not looking, :blush: but my gavroches are better behaved.

View attachment 3773274

View attachment 3773278

View attachment 3773284
And my two newest...
Space Shopping
View attachment 3773309
View attachment 3773310
This is a fabulous collection, ABQ2ATL!
And I love the way you store your twilly collection; I may have to try this! :flowers:

Reactions: ABQ2ATL
View attachment 3773274

View attachment 3773278

View attachment 3773284
And my two newest...
Space Shopping
View attachment 3773309
View attachment 3773310

So inspiring! Thank you for sharing your lovely scarves~ :loveeyes:

Reactions: ABQ2ATL
Status
Not open for further replies.