Scarves Scarf Of The Day - Which Hermès scarf are you wearing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Pudfish, my secret for year round scarf usage is I carry my SOTD in a MaiTai pochette into the office and don it there--the office is sooooo cold year-round.....I am even paranoid about wearing scarves in the car, as I am a magnet for dirt, grease, and all other scarf unfriendly substances. I am sure my coworkers think I am nuts as I take the scarf off for lunch too. No need for a $400+ napkin. When I am leaving for the day, it goes back in the pochette for the ride home.

This is a genius scheme of yours Sickgrl! Makes perfect sense to me. The only thing I think I miss about not working in an office anymore is that when I did, it was before my scarf addiction. It would have been wonderful to have had the scarf addiction at that time as I would have had the funds, proximity to London's New Bond St store and Selfridges, and I can remember freezing one hot summer in the office as the air con was turned up so high, so a scarf would have been welcome! Also H scarves could have really livened up my boring work suits! Oh well, in my next life!

How clever of you, papertiger! These designs really are cut-out inlays, aren't they? I saw an article on the yurts as well and that's what convinced me to get my own Appaloosa. I may have taken the design a little far with this patterned blouse, however...
View attachment 3713643

Well, I think you look great (and very on-trend)

Reactions: litchi and ABQ2ATL
And another cw of Pierres d'Orient & d'Occident

View attachment 3713691

Omg. Croisette, that is my favorite Pierres cw! I am constantly asking my BFF to trade with me for it.

And since papertiger showed us yurts, then I think molas have to be included too --
http://www.molasfrompanama.com/index.html
Legende Kuna Peuple de Panama by Zoé Pauwels (2002)
View attachment 3713661
We're going to need a bigger boat for applique and stitchery patterns one of these days!

AQ2ATL, this is beautiful. Love Kuna Peuple de Panama. Sad I missed this one several times from resellers because I hesitated.

Reactions: ABQ2ATL
View attachment 3710975

Turquoise, aqua, teal and all shades in between are my favourite colours. So here are six scarves which have at least a touch of these hues.

Under the Waves, Zebra Pegasus gavroche, Parures de Samouraïs, Au Pays des Oiseaux Fleurs, Promenade de Platon and Bateau Fleuris gavroche.

Oh, and I agree with Pudfish. It is sooooo hot here. How on earth do you ladies from even hotter climes wear scarves at all?

What a gorgeous array, HermesHope, looks so lovely the way you have set all the photos out. You really do have a wonderfully well-chosen collection.

Reactions: HermesHope
Okay, I talked big at the first of the week about my love for turquoise scarves... my taste tends to run to the green shades of turquoise rather than aqua, but I'll take all comers! Here are some for this week's collex:
Isn't life interesting.. Bunnycat finally found her perfect grail Amours and so did I, but they're different colors -- here's mine in a robin's egg turquoise-y blue with silvery bells!
View attachment 3712014
And here's another version of my first H scarf, Au Fil de Soie, this time in turquoise:
View attachment 3712017
And Faubourg by Night, another grail I let pass me by too many times before I pounced:
View attachment 3712018
And while we're showing dark turquoises, Hippopolis in the dark version:
View attachment 3712019
Attrape tes reves moussie 90
View attachment 3712022
En Course with a turquoise center, one of my few sailboat scarves:
View attachment 3712025
De Madras a Zakynthos in green and turquoise blue:
View attachment 3712026
Cavaliers du Caucasus CSGM:
View attachment 3712027
H2O
View attachment 3712030
And look at those pretty turquoise panels on Neige d'Antan! You bet I'd wear it any time of year!
View attachment 3712038

Congratulations on your wonderful Amours xxx

Reactions: ABQ2ATL
Status
Not open for further replies.