Scarves Scarf Of The Day - Which Hermès scarf are you wearing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What a wonderful week -- our lovely Croisette is perhaps even more turquoise-focused than me, but everyone shared so many beautiful scarves that I've been delighted to follow along. It's been awhile since we did turquoise (or blue-green), but I'd vote for doing it again!
I'll leave the week with a not-very-good quick pic of me in the car with my favorite (and avatar) J'Aime mon Carre:
View attachment 3713092
J'aime ton carré, ABQ!!!

Reactions: scarf1 and ABQ2ATL
A total study in magnificent styling as always :flowers:

Croisette, your entire scarf wardrobe is an education :ps:

VdP which my mother bought me in Nice. I had such a hard time choosing the cw because they were all so beautiful

DSC_0325_zpsuvualay9.jpg

I'm stretching the theme a little to Kazakh Yurts, wall-hangings and carpets View attachment 3713420 View attachment 3713421

DSC_0329_zpsftnxz9lr.jpg

Thank you kindly papertiger for your sweet words! We are twins on the VdP. Perfect match with your ostrich bag, with Appaloosa as well.

Amazing CW!!!
Many thanks, dear moma!

Reactions: papertiger
28 May 2017 TILE AND INLAY PATTERNS: designs made to look like pieces of stone or glass

This week come and flaunt your style:
Wear a scarf that shows some tile.
Take some selfies, pose with sass
In a scarf that shows stained glass.
If you’d gain the fashion throne
Wear a scarf with inlaid stone.
Within this theme we know that you
Can find designs both old or new!

Voyage de Pytheas, Hermès a Beverly Hills, Pavements
View attachment 3713094
Provence 90 cm silk twill and 2-scarf combo with last week's Au Fil de la Soie
View attachment 3713097

Trophees de Venice 90 silk twill
View attachment 3713098

And my grailiest of grails, Les Auriges (Mosaique) by Hugo Grygkar 1955View attachment 3713100

What a wonderful theme - I've been considering Les Auriges for a while because I love mosaics - interesting to see it draped over your shoulders because it gives an idea how it looks when not flat :smile:

Your Provence is stunning ABQ2ATL! Am I right in saying that scarf comes with two variations in the spelling? Every time I see that scarf or Pierres d'Orient I just swoon.
]
Thanks, Pautinka! Provence is an old design (1956 re-released in 1991) -- I doubt there would be two spelling variations because the title features so prominently in the design. Hugo Grygkar also designed Provenance, but the scarves are very different in themes.
Here's my Pierres d'Orient, which I completely forgot was an inlay pattern! I dithered for years until I found "my" colorway, which I think I showed on Neutrals Week.
Pierres d'Orient pink combo.jpg

What a wonderful theme - I've been considering Les Auriges for a while because I love mosaics - interesting to see it draped over your shoulders because it gives an idea how it looks when not flat

Thanks, eliwon -- here's another view of Les Auriges tied to show horses' heads at the neck. It's so old that it's buttery soft, but I dare not take a chance on washing it. I'm afraid the dark colors might run, even with a color catcher in cold water

Les Auriges horses tie.jpg .

I'm stretching the theme a little to Kazakh Yurts, wall-hangings and carpets View attachment 3713420 View attachment 3713421

DSC_0329_zpsftnxz9lr.jpg

How clever of you, papertiger! These designs really are cut-out inlays, aren't they? I saw an article on the yurts as well and that's what convinced me to get my own Appaloosa. I may have taken the design a little far with this patterned blouse, however...
Appaloosa de Steppes pattern shirt.jpg

Thanks, Pautinka! Provence is an old design (1956 re-released in 1991) -- I doubt there would be two spelling variations because the title features so prominently in the design. Hugo Grygkar also designed Provenance, but the scarves are very different in themes.
Here's my Pierres d'Orient, which I completely forgot was an inlay pattern! I dithered for years until I found "my" colorway, which I think I showed on Neutrals Week.
View attachment 3713619

Hi ABQ2ATL and thanks for getting back to me. Your reply made me question what I thought I had seen many months ago but I did a bit digging and found what I was looking for on the Hermès Scarf Guide on Facebook (see below). The page owner believes this to be an authentic H scarf - but I am quickly learning that not all H questions can be answered easily!
I absolutely love your Pierres. The colour is so soft and striking at the same time. Another one to add to my wishlist - it looks very adaptable. Just beautiful.
Anyway, here is the unusual Provence...maybe it will be of interest.
Screenshot_2017-05-29-16-48-52.png

VdP which my mother bought me in Nice. I had such a hard time choosing the cw because they were all so beautiful

DSC_0325_zpsuvualay9.jpg

DSC_0329_zpsftnxz9lr.jpg
Love the VdP photo with your bag... a wonderful combo! And the Kazakh Yurts hung with carpets! Wow! Perfect for this week's theme! :tup:

Reactions: papertiger
Hi ABQ2ATL and thanks for getting back to me. Your reply made me question what I thought I had seen many months ago but I did a bit digging and found what I was looking for on the Hermès Scarf Guide on Facebook (see below). The page owner believes this to be an authentic H scarf - but I am quickly learning that not all H questions can be answered easily!
I absolutely love your Pierres. The colour is so soft and striking at the same time. Another one to add to my wishlist - it looks very adaptable. Just beautiful.
Anyway, here is the unusual Provence...maybe it will be of interest.
View attachment 3713648
Wow, that's really interesting, Pautinka! And of course, Hugo Grygkar didn't sign his designs...
I've put the two side-by-side for comparison: Thanks to Hermes Scarf Guides: http://******/2seaFtE

Attachments

• Provence compare H Scarf Guide.jpg
    Provence compare H Scarf Guide.jpg
    217.7 KB · Views: 251
Status
Not open for further replies.