Scarves Scarf of The Day 2024 - Which Hermès scarf are you wearing today?

I have missed you. Throw on your scarves and throw all doubts overboard 😂

I second @Maedi! Miss you here and hope you throw on one of your beauties and stob on by @redheaddem!

Ah, thank you so much dear @Croisette7. One tries....

Thank you so much @FA73-- it was not on my APL (Approved Purchase List) but as we all know, Exceptions Must be Made!!!

I struggle with some designs conceptually also in this way @textilegirl. Filling a format hole is a nice way to add a piece about which there may have been some ambivalence...

Thank you @textilegirl -- I am absolutely enamored of your color explosion and I have had similar experiences with SAs (though not at the mothership). Sometimes they are slow to rise but when they do-- wowza! I absolutely concur the aqua is fabulous. :tup:

I was not sure I would keep this Forever version @mktlim (ordered during the price glitch) but the minute I tried it on I knew that I would! You look great-- "adulting" or no!

I hope the force was with you @Redbirdhermes! Could not be a more perfect choice for the Derby and Star Wars Day...

I hope you feel better very soon @bunnycat! I never tire of seeing this lovely moussie. Once again thank you for a wonderful week and, as always for your lovely remarks. :hugs:

Love the giraffe @EtsyBoss-- congratulations on another amazing Dallet.

This is a beatiful moussie @Cookiefiend -- and what a nice way to be a Cinderella!

Gorgeous pieces @CedarWaxWing -- twins on the vert LL and the pink Duo-- both are fan favorites around here and with good reason. Love the lime green of Yellowstone with your hair and both Duo+ jacket combos. Cobalt is so great with the pink one!

It must be truly fabulous in the bleu jean @Maedi!!! I was over the moon to have found it-- masterpiece is just the right word for it, too. I always forget how useful and pretty the braided carres can look...

Very cute kitty (love his expression!), delightful CU, have fun with the races and thank you for the compliment @Jereni!

You are both so sweet! I will try to pass by more often! Hopefully with some new silk additions too 😊

Such great colors and your garden is lovely!
Thank you so much for your kind compliments, CedarWaxWing! Keeping my fingers crossed for your perfect Flaneries! And what a fabulous design for this week, thank you for sharing!

Always love being your twin!

Wonderful choice, FO, especially in these colours!

Perfums and France, a match made in heaven. Agree with Croisette, you’ll enjoy Grasse.

So cute, Teaforparrots!

Thank you, Cookie, and I love this design!
Thank you Agrume!
Beautifully tied!

Gorgeous on you! And your garden is spring perfection. :smile:

Gotta love a good contrast hem! Stunning on you Cookie!
Thanks cutie! ❤️
Bonjour cher(e) ami(e)s et résidents de Scarflandie!

What could be more French than a map of Paris, a marinière and a French biscuit? 🇫🇷
Well… a Madeleine perhaps, but I’ll have to make do :winkiss:

View attachment 5997231
View attachment 5997233
Mmmmmmarvelous!
great lippie match!
Thank you! ❤️
I appreciate that more than you know!

I had a beloved French professor during my undergraduate years. Her class was rarely held on campus-- she preferred coffee shops, dinners, museums and art film houses. On one of these occasions we saw the 1964 musical Umbrellas of Cherbourg starring Catherine Deneuve with music by Michel Legrand. I had never seen a film with dialogue performed entirely in recitative before; I was captivated by the story of lovers torn apart by both war and time, smitten by the leading lady (of course) and haunted by the melancholy theme song "Je ne pourrais jamais vivre sans toi"-- translated in the English version as "I Will Wait for You."

View attachment 5996902

The film's protagonist Geneviève and her mother own a small umbrella boutique in the town of Cherbourg and it just so happens that I have a scarf which features umbrellas, too-- Hubert de Watrigant's lovely Ombrelles et Parapluies!
View attachment 5996975

A cheerful, sweet scarf and fabulous knot.

Reactions: CedarWaxWing
Recently I learned that Grasse, France is considered the perfume capital of the world while researching things to do along the Cote d'Azur. I'll be heading there this summer with my DD. It will be our first visit to the South of France. I am soooooo excited. She loves scents just as much as I do, so I think a visit to Grasse may be in order! Perhaps some scarf on site opportunities too. Sharing one candidate - Qu' Importe le Flacon by Catherine Baschet for Grasse.

View attachment 5997135
A visit to Grasse is amazing. I recommend Molinard, the factory and the store. What a fun trip for you and DD. Your yellow flacons is beautiful against deep blue.

This looks lovely on you @CedarWaxWing -- I chose it too but never thought of the pattern mixing! And thank you for showing the new ring, which I have been curious about. Query-- is it heavy or about the weight of the perforé? :ty:
Dear LKB - I definitely remember when this scarf came out in this colorway and I had been eyeing it, AND I thought to myself, I'm guessing LKB is looking at this one too. And then you modeled it! There's something about a white, blue and black color combination for me. And thank you for your kind comments! :hugs:

To your question about the new Chaine d'Ancre: I think it is a compelling piece, and with your bevy of blue scarves, you would have it in frequent rotation.The perforated versions are .5 of one ounce, while the new leather-wrapped one came in at .9 oz. - almost twice as heavy. (Or 14 vs. 25 grams) I have not noticed it feeling heavy, however, and hadn't noticed any difference at all until you asked. The blue leather is a darker duskier teal blue than I anticipated. It's very pretty. I would say the color is quite close to this paint chip from Benjamin Moore - at least that's how it appears on my laptop display... Hopefully this is of help! 😀
Screenshot 2024-05-07 at 8.02.26 PM.png

Good afternoon and welcome to a new scarf week! Many thanks to @bunnycat for hosting Cinderella week (hope you are feeling better)!
This week it is all about France (and Paris, of course): 🇫🇷 City of Romance: Scarves celebrating France 🇫🇷

Many of you will have scarves about Paris, one of the most beautiful places I know. But let's not forget the scarves celebrating other French regions or places. France is so much more than Paris - the little villages with the most beautiful small churches, the mountains, the seasides of the Atlantic, the North Sea and the Mediterranean, the regional food, the pride of traditional manufacturing (not only scarves, handbags and saddles)... So please share your "French" scarves, and we will together fill the map!

View attachment 5995778

As today is Liberation Day here, SOTD had to be Liberté, Fraternité, Egalité. The little neighbourhood barbecue starting later tonight borrowed its tables from France, so to see... Dutch colours, but not exactly the Dutch flag (as seen from our balcony).

View attachment 5995779
View attachment 5995780

And for today also a part of the most famous French poem about Liberty, Liberté by Paul Eluard (full text and translation to be found here: https://www.frenchtoday.com/french-poetry-reading/french-poem-liberte-paul-eluard-audio/ ):

Liberté

Sur mes cahiers d’écolier
Sur mon pupitre et les arbres
Sur le sable sur la neige
J’écris ton nom

Sur toutes les pages lues
Sur toutes les pages blanches
Pierre sang papier ou cendre
J’écris ton nom

Sur les images dorées
Sur les armes des guerriers
Sur la couronne des rois
J’écris ton nom

Et par le pouvoir d’un mot
Je recommence ma vie
Je suis né pour te connaître
Pour te nommer

Liberté.

Freedom

On my school notebooks
On my desk and on the trees
On the sand and on the snow
I write your name

On all the pages read
On all the pages blank
Stone, blood, paper, or ash
I write your name

On the golden images
On the weapons of warriors
On the crown of kings
I write your name

And by the power of a word
I start my life anew
I was born to know you
To name you

Freedom.

Have a good week!
Thank you so much for such a wonderful intro! Love that you’ve expanded the theme beyond the city limits of Paris and thus including so many more of our silks…
I adore that poem of Paul Eluard and first encountered it translated to Spanish and later heard this powerful adaptation brilliantly and interpretation by Argentinian singer Nacha Guevara who I feel most lucky to have seen in person…
I would like to share this beloved version with you for I feel it so brilliantly captures the spirit of the poem and I think you will appreciate it.
Can’t wait to see how this great theme will unfold this week

Last edited:
Looking forward to the rest of the week @Agrume!

A sort of cross over, La Cite Cavaliere today....passed on the 90 version, fell in love with the CSGM and managed to track down the special edition 90!

View attachment 5995799
Oooh you have that gorgeous special edition! So jealous!

Can’t get more Parisian than this

Welcome, @Agrume, to the week of all things French. Thank you for the inspiring introduction.

One of my favorite things about France are the pastries. I had three different colorways of this design before settling on this vanilla version with the white hem. I generally try to avoid lighter colored scarves, but it was the colorful pastries here that won my heart.

View attachment 5995806

La Patisserie Francaise is my scarf of the day.

View attachment 5995805
Why don’t I have this design?! It is seriously amazing and the pastries show up so well in this CW!

Today is Les Fetes du Roi Soleil, celebrating France’s Louis XIV, aka the Sun King. The bright green against the black and then the firework jacquard? Love View attachment 5995835

It perfectly matches the BV cassette in chlorophyll View attachment 5995836

Apologies for all the flyaway hair. All the curly girls out there know the struggle
View attachment 5995837
Love this design so much that I have 3 CWs! Like you I am especially fond of that fireworks jacquard

Thank you so much @Agrume-- I loved everything about your post from the Eluard poem to your beautiful on point scarf and photos. I am really looking forward to the week-- I have a clutch of scarves that suit Paris but looking forward to filling in the map as well. Today I will start with Paris and a new cw of a design it is impossible not to love: Les Triples, in a new-to-me blue cw. I am rather chuffed I have a top that matches the little scamps as they "explore" Paris!
View attachment 5995839
Perfection with that top matching those little rascals!

French poodle? Wearing a bright spot of color on a gray day in front of the new hedge we installed yesterday.View attachment 5995852View attachment 5995853
Ha! I like what you did there!

A scarf celebrating one of the oldest cities in France, second only to Béziers according to the latest archeological finds.

~2,600-year-old Marseille, a frenetic, tough, edgy city I love, and Le voyage de Pytheas of course, who sailed from this port, and that I am delighted to finally have in my collection.
Twins with, among many others I am sure, @Croisette7, @lanit, and @Snausages, whose modshots motivated my patiently waiting for this particular CW.

View attachment 5995882View attachment 5995883

View attachment 5995884
Fabulous! Such an amazing CW and this knot is magic!

Off theme today with Les Chemins secrets, silk 140 shawl. Lovely pop of color to bolster the spirit and start off the work week on a sweet note.

View attachment 5996510
Gaaah! Amazing colors and knocking it out of the park again with the frames

Good morning and Happy Monday, Scarflandia! @Agrume asked us to consider the whole map of France so I have left Paris today for Vosges and the Alsace-Lorraine region in the northeast of France. This area has a storied history and beautiful geography but its connection to my scarf today is the village of Épinal. This is where Gianpaolo Pagni found the source material for his wonderful Grand Theatre Nouveau. From the "Story Behind"--
The Épinal imagery was founded in Vosges, France in 1796. For two centuries, this printing house distributed colored images throughout Europe, illustrating countless subjects: exotic fauna and flora, common trades, historical events, fables and legends, riddles, etc. Gianpaolo Pagni had the privilege of accessing the archives of this house and exploring its secrets. Inspired by the ancient engravings he discovered there, he composed this surprising theater scene that features wild animals as the protagonists. An ingenious combination of geometric patterns that evokes the characteristic work of his drawings created with stamps.
View attachment 5996513View attachment 5996514
I love this design so much that I acquired it in three formats, including a twilly and a a CSGM.
View attachment 5996515 View attachment 5996516
And my SOTD is my favorite cw of the 90 version-- twins and sisters with so many of you!
View attachment 5996517
Ties so beautifully all the time… This is my fav CW as well

2 little gavs:

Souvenirs de Paris and Les Triples

View attachment 5996541

View attachment 5996543
Quintessentially Parisian, both!

In 1989 Peter Mayle published his book A Year in Provence about his first year of living in Provence, France.

View attachment 5996537

I loved this book and read his later novels, such as Hotel Pastis, which were also based in Southern France. The charming adventures of his characters were frequently interrupted by sitting down to eat long delicious meals. I blame Peter Mayle’s books for my desire to track this 1958 vintage scarf, La Provence, and for my ongoing desire to visit Provence.

View attachment 5996540

La Provence is my scarf of the day.

View attachment 5996581
OMG I love Peter Maile! A Year in Provence is probably my fav by him… This is such a wonderful CW

Hi friends! I have been out with travel and then Covid. Glad to be back! I am off topic with Eva. Saw the scarf and realized I hadn’t worn it in a whileView attachment 5996630
Talk about rare! Wow!

When I think of France, I think of Paris and an icon for us there is certainly FSH, captured here by Jonathan Burton who paints a scene of mayhem upstairs in Émile Hermès' office at 24 Faubourg Saint-Honoré.

Today's SOTD is Mystere au 24. I've worn it a few times this season but didn't have a proper mod shot until recently. I love the inclusion of the flag-waving horse statue, which has found itself out on the street instead of the rooftop.

View attachment 5996647
View attachment 5996646
View attachment 5996648
Love this CW… such a fun design

Decided to travel to France today to attend the World’s Fair. View attachment 5996651
Great interpretation of the theme! And kitty cat steals the show!

Swanning about Paris (in my dreams) wearing La Cite Cavaliere
View attachment 5996659
I’ve always kicked myself for not getting this one… I was so close! Marvelous CW!!

We start to fill the map of France! :flowers: 🇫🇷
View attachment 5996686

SOTD was a Paris scarf, too - Rendez-vous Rive Gauche, with so many colour pairing options. I love Rive Gauche, the bookshops, cafés and the Bohemian atmosphere.

View attachment 5996678

Not to forget the rest of France. A recent acquisition was the SE of Cavalier en Formes, for which Gianpaolo Pagni took inspiration from the Imagerie de Nancy. Nancy is a beautiful town in the East of France, not far from Epinal, a Unesco World Heritage site and famous for Place Stanislas and its Art Nouveau buildings, second only to Paris.

View attachment 5996681

This region, the East of France and very West of Germany, were disputed land for centuries, which always makes me melancholic when I come back here. No wonder that one of the founding fathers of Europe, Robert Schuman, came from this region, to safeguard peace. The perhaps most beautiful (and sad) French poem, Le dormeur du Val, is thought to be set there:

Le dormeur du val

C’est un trou de verdure où chante une rivière
Accrochant follement aux herbes des haillons
D’argent; où le soleil de la montagne fière,
Luit; C’est un petit val qui mousse de rayons.

Un soldat jeune bouche ouverte, tête nue,
Et la nuque baignant dans le frais cresson bleu,
Dort; il est étendu dans l’herbe, sous la nue,
Pale dans son lit vert où la lumière pleut.

Les pieds dans les glaïeuls, il dort. Souriant comme
Sourirait un enfant malade, il fait un somme:
Nature, berce-le chaudement: il a froid.

Les parfums ne font plus frissonner sa narine;
Il dort dans le soleil, la main sur sa poitrine
Tranquille. Il a deux trous rouges au coté droit.

The Sleeper in the Valley

It’s a green hole where a river sings
As it madly hangs onto the grass its rags
Of silver; where the sun, from the proud mountain,
Shines down: it’s a little valley bubbling with light.

A young soldier, open mouth, bare head,
And neck bathing in the sweet blue watercress,
Sleeps; he is stretched out among the grass, beneath the skies,
Pale in his green bed where the light rains down.

Feet in the gladiolas, he sleeps. Smiling like
An ill child would smile, he takes a nap:
Nature, cradle him in warmth: he is cold.

Fragrances don’t make his nostrils quiver:
He sleeps in the sun, one hand on his chest,
Motionless: he has two red holes in his right side.
Love how you are filling in the map! Cavaliers en Forme has some of the most unique and amazing borders… and Rive Gauche is quintessential Paris!

I'm quite often in Deauville, Normandy

View attachment 5996700

scarf on site with Charmes des Plages Normandes

View attachment 5996701
What an amazing pic and scarf on site!!

Just popping in while on vacation to share my scarf purchases from the airport - Pantin City and Fantaisie d'Etriers twillys. Also bought Roulis and Hapi 3 bracelets.

View attachment 5996737

View attachment 5996738
Oh, great haul! Happy travels!

Hi everyone! Sorry to be AWOL, but I’m in Paris and heard from a couple of our lovely scarf mistresses that it’s France week! Soooo, here are a few very recent SoS for you to I hope enjoy….

View attachment 5996739View attachment 5996740View attachment 5996741
Perfection! Best scarves on site so beautifully aligned with the theme!

I could wish this was an on site in the Calanques
View attachment 5996750

But alas....I am in The Swamp today instead. It may only be 75F but the humidity is about 600%... 😭

Wearing Sieste au Paradis

View attachment 5996751
An incredible design in one of the best Cws

Twinning with @Agrume today!
RDV Rive gauche is my SOTD, as we are finally enjoying some dry weather in my neck of the woods.

View attachment 5996821
Such a wonderful scarf

Oh my I see it’s France week! Exciting! I will def have to check out the recent pages.
I will take a photo today and post later. But for now I am sharing a new-in I wore last week. I have been on ban island for a good long time of almost 4 months! I have waited patiently to buy this zouaves bandana, that I loved so much on @LKBNOLA, until I found it below retail. Love it!
View attachment 5996819
And a sotd from 2-3 weeks ago. My ecosse. I received many outfit compliments the day I wore this. This is a quick car photo for the records haha. Getting compliments is always so reassuring :heart:
View attachment 5996822
Both are great but I especially love this CW of Fleurs d’Ecosse!

Happy Monday everyone. I was traveling today, so not my most planned outfit ever. I’m not sure if I can readily think of a way to connect Parade en Fanfare to France but here it is regardless…

View attachment 5996930
This is such a marvelous CW! It is the 70, right? Wish it would’ve been issues as a 90

Lumieres de Paris

View attachment 5996945

I always love Monet's Giverny garden and the Nympheas in the Musee Marmottan

View attachment 5996946
Both amazing

I had a beloved French professor during my undergraduate years. Her class was rarely held on campus-- she preferred coffee shops, dinners, museums and art film houses. On one of these occasions we saw the 1964 musical Umbrellas of Cherbourg starring Catherine Deneuve with music by Michel Legrand. I had never seen a film with dialogue performed entirely in recitative before; I was captivated by the story of lovers torn apart by both war and time, smitten by the leading lady (of course) and haunted by the melancholy theme song "Je ne pourrais jamais vivre sans toi"-- translated in the English version as "I Will Wait for You."

View attachment 5996902

The film's protagonist Geneviève and her mother own a small umbrella boutique in the town of Cherbourg and it just so happens that I have a scarf which features umbrellas, too-- Hubert de Watrigant's lovely Ombrelles et Parapluies!
View attachment 5996975

So beautifully tied!

Twinning with many of you here with Republique Francaise Liberte, Egalite, Fraternite 1789- ironically achieved via guillotine 😳

View attachment 5997001
Fabulous! Wow!

my SOTD La Fontaine de Bartholdi and some pics taken last year in Lyon

View attachment 5997028

View attachment 5997029

View attachment 5997030

View attachment 5997031
Marvelous design and the art so faithful to the sculptures

In his 1844 novel Les Trois Mousquetaires, French author Alexandre Dumas has his main character, d'Artagnan, leave his home in Gascony in 1625 to travel to Paris. Gascony is also the home of the French Armagnac brandy, which is one of the first spirits distilled in France over 700 years ago. Armagnac is the oldest recorded liquor in the world to still be distilled.

View attachment 5996893

View attachment 5996894

The Hermes scarf Les Trois Mousquetaires celebrates the Dumas novel and the Armagnac Sempe brandy. Note the crossed keys from the House of Sempe brandy bottle can be seen on the flag in the scarf. This special issue design was drawn by Philippe Ledoux, and finished by his nephew Vladimir Rybaltchenko after his death. The distillery is located in the Armagnac region in southwest France.

View attachment 5996895

Les Trois Mousquetaires is my scarf of the day.

View attachment 5997034
Another one following a literary connection… such a great design!

SOTD was Flânerie à Versailles. With its geometric gardens, it is a master example of French garden design, influenced by architecture rather than landscapes.

View attachment 5997082
View attachment 5997083
View attachment 5997086

And some more places on the 🇫🇷 map!

View attachment 5997087
Adore this design… Ties impeccably every single time

Recently I learned that Grasse, France is considered the perfume capital of the world while researching things to do along the Cote d'Azur. I'll be heading there this summer with my DD. It will be our first visit to the South of France. I am soooooo excited. She loves scents just as much as I do, so I think a visit to Grasse may be in order! Perhaps some scarf on site opportunities too. Sharing one candidate - Qu' Importe le Flacon by Catherine Baschet for Grasse.

View attachment 5997135
Oh how wonderful! That is such a beautiful region and so special to visit with your daughter… You must take this scarf!

This is lovely on you

Waving hello to @Croisette7 from the Musee des Tissus in Lyon - where Christine Henry found inspiration for Fleurs Et Papillons de Tissus.
View attachment 5997150
I love this design but even more in this fabulous CW! Really pops on white!

Bonjour cher(e) ami(e)s et résidents de Scarflandie!

What could be more French than a map of Paris, a marinière and a French biscuit? 🇫🇷
Well… a Madeleine perhaps, but I’ll have to make do :winkiss:

View attachment 5997231
View attachment 5997233
So French chic!

A few of my Paris themed scarves.
Les pari#kennels ex libris. Probably my most worn 70.

Les this de paris with an archive S
Scarf on site.

And of course the charming Les triples. View attachment 5997352View attachment 5997353View attachment 5997354View attachment 5997355
That Toits scarf on site is amazing!

I’d like to thank @Agrume for such a marvelous introduction and also for guiding us so beautifully and poetically through this fabulous week…

I’ve been MIA as I was traveling in Spain to fulfill a long-time bucket list trip to attend La Feria de Sevilla in Andalucia. Though I did take my Feria de Sevilla scarf and took a scarf on site at the majestic entrance, I wore my La Naissance d’un Idee moussie since I needed a totally red lightweight scarf that day and this one fit the bill on all counts.

La Naissance fits in with this week’s theme since the costumed Artificier holding fireworks is a figure that appeared in Michel Duchene’s Feux d’Artifice which was issued in 1987 to celebrate Hermés’ 150th anniversary. Part of the celebration was a fireworks display held by the house in the heart of Paris that featured uniformed riders like this one. Here I am wearing it at Sevilla’s Plaza de España on my way to the fair, and also in one of the private casetas at the fair
F0433B61-B65D-47F4-B55E-86B436E3A019.jpeg
C1C977BB-5DEC-41EA-A45C-F3581D66B8EA.jpeg
6375C228-BF55-437D-8220-D8F37A2C9A1C.jpeg

Here is my Feria de Sevilla scarf on site at the entrance of the fair
EFA2387E-284C-46A7-986E-20DD041C223A.jpeg

This past week I wore my orange Tous les Bateaux du Monde and it also fits the theme as the scarf was created as a collaboration between Hermès and Le Musée National de la Marine which is located in Palais Chaillot near Trocadéro in Paris. These pics were taken right outside of it last November when I was in Paris. My shawl at the time was Parures de Samourais.
6B38D88A-1CF9-4661-8323-4B446E3F5CCE.jpeg

191D96F1-E1B5-4FFD-BE12-E9B339B0693F.jpeg
55FCD926-E27D-42F0-BE24-67907F988349.jpeg

And, finally Les Jardiniers du Roy depicts the royal gardeners of King Louis XIV at the Court of Versailles
82593711-0379-482B-A2ED-5BEC31692776.jpeg