Scarves Scarf of The Day 2024 - Which Hermès scarf are you wearing today?

Good morning Scarflandia!

Music week was certainly an excitement! (at least in my head it was really exciting! :lol: ) A great big THANK YOU! :hugs: to our dear @Karenska for hosting.

As a little segue from last week to this week, there was some popular 80's music that was sort of a "slow burn" for me. Or "late to the party" if you will. One of those bands was The Pretenders. (By the time I heard Pretenders in the early 80's, my interest was already looking towards alternative bands like Devo. :lol: ) But these days I do perk up and sing along when "Brass In Pocket" or "Back on the Chain Gang" comes on our "plays anything" station so I eventually acquired some much deserved appreciation for them. :smile:

This week, we'll take a little trek along a similar theme with scarves.

28 Apr 2024 Cinderella: Scarves (or formats) you fell in love with much much later and why

It was an originally just "scarves" in the title but that seemed a little vague to me, so I've expanded the definition to be a little more explicit. Sometimes it's a particular scarf that we pass over for whatever reason, but sometimes it may be a whole genre of scarves that requires a little bit slower "processing" time for us to appreciate or fall in love with.

One of those scarves that definitely fits in this week's theme for me is... (wait for it- you aren't going to believe this!) ....Lazy Leopardesses. I kid you not. I was very slow to jump on the Leopard train. Now it is one of my most perfect scarves. I originally didn't want to get one because I already felt "full up" in the cat scarf department with Baobab Cat, various Dallets like Panthera Pardus and Jungle Love, Tyger Tyger and Jaguar Quetzal X 3 but am so glad I finally did because it turns out I adore this scarf. I wear it fairly often, and this bronze colorway goes with a lot. This was also a scarf I had trouble deciding what colorway I was most interested in for a long time, so that didn't help matters in the acquisition department.

Lazy Leopardesses last week:

View attachment 5991701

Now, hold on to your seats. In fact, you should probably just sit down for the next one. A format I AVOIDED for several years was anything large, especially CSGMs. Errrrmmm- WHY?!? :wtf: I just don't know. I guess I figured various issues like too much fabric or cashmere will probably make me itch or some other such excuse. (In my defense, I really am sensitive to wool, unless it's merino- especially superfine 14.5 micron merino.) But one deep cold snap trying to stay warm out walking and not succeeding plus a job where I felt like I was always parked directly under a refrigeration vent prompted me to re-evaluate and reform my evil ways in 2019.

:roflmfao: :roflmfao:

Welp. I'm so glad we got THAT little problem sorted out now. :roflmfao:

Here's Panoplie Equestre and Cosmographia from a few weeks ago. It's a bit on the humid and swampy side now for any CSGM wearing but I treasure my little CSGM herd.
View attachment 5991702

View attachment 5991703

So let's get this week rolling Scarflandia! In the words of Romeo Void "Never Say Never!". Show and tell me your "slow burn" scarves or formats and I'll leave you with a little Chrissie Hynde to remind you that sometimes appreciation comes slowly.

Thank you for the fascination intro, Bunnycat, and of course for hosting this week! I forgot to take a photo after getting back from a long day… hopefully tomorrow.

Croisette7: This is just gorgeous 😍😍!!! Really well done and stunning with your brooch!

Beautiful, LKBNOLA. The words effortless elegance come to mind 😀🌸

textilegirl, I love how that bright border just stands out with that dark background. Very chic! Yes

GloWWorM, that color Acte III is stunning on you, just like 140 green / white Elefteria with that tie. I want to try this one when on summer holidays on the beach but need to practice it so if doesn’t fall apart. 😅It’s just stunning on you! 🙌

Agrume, what a yummy dessert, AND the scarf! You’re inspiring me to find my marble 90 are wear it. Thanks

Twins on this one!! What a beauty 😻

What a beauty! It’s looks stunning on you!
I almost got one in 140, don’t remember the cw but it had a yummy summer yellow note, as I noticed a few SAP on TRR recently, but barely managed to control the trigger finger. 😅Now I’m sorry I didn’t get it😂
Thank you kindly, Helena! The dessert is called tompouce, and typical of King’s day.

Here's one that I was slow on the uptake for. (I know this one is hard to believe but it's true.)

I had recently begun buying scarves when Zebra Pegasus came out, but that was when I was still on the "smaller formats only" kick, I think. So I didn't get a 90. Didn't get a moussie or CSGM. It finally "clicked" and then I fell in love with it. Tried a maxi twilly but couldn't get it to work right on me to see the things I wanted to. Bought a pocket square to "tide me over" that I found preloved. But when the CSGT came out I knew I had found my match for format and fiber!

ZPgav.jpg

zpslowburn.jpg

Today’s scarf is a new in!!! My grail purchase for May
(unless I escape from Ban Island again … damn rowboats that seem to pop up unattended when I am strolling Ban Island beach late at night… what’s a girl to do?)

… is another Ex Libris en Kimonos! I am on a mission to expand my collection of them. This is sort of a Cinderella design for me. I saw examples early on when I discovered H scarves and went trolling the SOTD thread. At first I didn’t get what all the fuss was about and didn’t think the colorways I saw would work.

But finally after seeing more pics, and actually researching the colorway options, I went for the orange and black one the other month and now I am OBSESSED.

Presenting the red, mint, and brown one! I don’t think I’ve seen this one on the forum much?

IMG_0705.jpeg

IMG_0706.jpeg

(unless I escape from Ban Island again … damn rowboats that seem to pop up unattended when I am strolling Ban Island beach late at night… what’s a girl to do?)

… is another Ex Libris en Kimonos! I am on a mission to expand my collection of them. This is sort of a Cinderella design for me. I saw examples early on when I discovered H scarves and went trolling the SOTD thread. At first I didn’t get what all the fuss was about and didn’t think the colorways I saw would work.

But finally after seeing more pics, and actually researching the colorway options, I went for the orange and black one the other month and now I am OBSESSED.

Presenting the red, mint, and brown one! I don’t think I’ve seen this one on the forum much?

View attachment 5992617

View attachment 5992618
FAB_U_LOUS on you! And it ties so very well.

View attachment 5992617

View attachment 5992618
Stunning on you! Wowza!

View attachment 5992617

View attachment 5992618
Congratulations!!!! Beautiful colors!
Funny because I am at the stage of "At first I didn’t get what all the fuss was about and didn’t think the colorways I saw would work". If you keep expanding your collection and showing these beauties here, I might get in trouble...

Congratulations!!! looks great!

View attachment 5992617

View attachment 5992618

• Thanks
Reactions: Helena7 and Jereni

View attachment 5992617

View attachment 5992618
Congratulations. It is stunning and this cw was made for you!!!

Good morning!!

This is certainly a case of tpf enablement/inspiration. Even though Premier chant (cream, orange, blue cw) was one of my earlier acquisitions straight from the H boutique I have not used it much - both because of the neutral main colour and due to my uncertainty about the style of Eduard Baribeaud.

How I ended up with two additional light coloured Baribeauds within the last year is entirely your faults!! J’accuse! :giggle:

I have already shared my danse des amazones in here, but now I am also slowly learning to wear my understated preloved Acte III.
I would have liked one of the more colorful cws, but this was such a bargain that I could not resist and now Think of it as a dress rehearsal…

IMG_8290.jpeg

Wish you a Day of fairies and moonlight!

View attachment 5992617

View attachment 5992618
Ohmigoodness! It’s beautiful - congratulations!
My SOTD is a design I love in a format that was puzzling to me. But I have found I enjoy wearing it this way.
Hermes Station bandana
View attachment 5992634
Gorgeous!
Good morning!!

This is certainly a case of tpf enablement/inspiration. Even though Premier chant (cream, orange, blue cw) was one of my earlier acquisitions straight from the H boutique I have not used it much - both because of the neutral main colour and due to my uncertainty about the style of Eduard Baribeaud.

How I ended up with two additional light coloured Baribeauds within the last year is entirely your faults!! J’accuse! :giggle:

I have already shared my danse des amazones in here, but now I am also slowly learning to wear my understated preloved Acte III.
I would have liked one of the more colorful cws, but this was such a bargain that I could not resist and now Think of it as a dress rehearsal…

View attachment 5992757

We are the guilty party! :lol: It is a gorgeous scarf tho!

Good morning!!

View attachment 5992757

‘Dress rehearsal’, (snicker)! One of the beauties of pre-loved is you don’t have the full choice of colorways, so you take what you find. The scarf could end up in the CCP (colorway correction program) or it could be a wonderful addition to the collection that you might never have chosen otherwise. I am delighted when it is the second, as it certainly is here. Enjoy your lovely Third Act!

View attachment 5992617

View attachment 5992618
Congrats Jereni ... this cw is everything! I would have bought it too, but never seen anywhere.

• Thanks
Reactions: Jereni
Creeping off ban island to share a scarf I purchased last month. I liked the idea of Brandebourg Fleuris when it came out but I couldn’t figure out which cw was best on me and I wasn’t certain I wanted to take the plunge given the price of a double face. However, I finally saw this cw in person and just grabbed it. I love it! My first double face too. Definitely a slow burn on design and format.

IMG_2350.jpeg