Scarves Scarf of The Day 2024 - Which Hermès scarf are you wearing today?

I don't have much in the way of scarves in the brown family but I am absolutely a card-carrying Choc-a-holic! My SOTD is a new-to-me cw of Feux du Ciel. The border is a very deep dark brown and the brush strokes remind me of a delicious dish of melting vanilla fudge swirl ice cream...Happy Friday, Scarflandia!
View attachment 5950232
Bonus photo I found of "ice cream art" on Etsy...
View attachment 5950234
Oh wow, I don’t think I have ever seen that cw before. It is stunning, and you make it even more so.
Thank goodness our cold and snow are back. I'm wearing La Vie du Grand Nord as my chocolate scarf of the day.

View attachment 5950250
Wonderful colorway, and it works so well for you.
It was and remains a special, magical moment, along with watching Hull score the "no goal" in the very wee hours in an Austin hotel with my sons and being with my sons at the parade. There is also sadness and melancholy associated with those moments as we lost my oldest son in a vehicle accident 2 weeks after his 16th birthday in 2001.
I am so sorry to hear about this tragic loss.
Woah — such beauties! I always forget you have that CW of L’Ivresse.
Today going with Sous le Charme d’Orphee…. I always thought the tale of Orpheus and Eurydice was one of the more romantic in Greek mythology, if a bit tragic.

View attachment 5950374
This reminds me of watching Orfeo ed Euridice (the opera) a few years back. We are twins on this scarf, and I picked it up because of having seen the opera.
It’s cold and windy out today so here’s an indoor photo of my flirty scarf birdies!View attachment 5950387
Very cheerful, and gosh, look at all those houseplants!
Mine today:
Lovely!
SOTD is La Volière des Dames, purchased at auction last year in my quest for birth year and birth year adjacent silks. Hummingbirds for a cold and rainy day. Take care all!
View attachment 5950563
Congratulations on your treasure, and what a beautiful lavender color does it have!
SOTD - Les Cavaliers d’Or. Scarf mail from earlier this month. I was so happy to find a RED scarf… and the second I paid for it, realized, “the border is brown.” Gah!!! Well, reddish-brown, but still, boo. Managed to hide it pretty well, though. And decided to take my own advice that if the color is in the scarf, that color can be worn with the scarf. This top is actually light blue, though it appears on the green side here (the lighting must be a bit off) - trying to pick up on the blue on the silk:

View attachment 5950673
Nice work hiding the borders! It looks fabulous on you.

OMG YA’LL!!!!

I’ve been waiting on this for several weeks - first the seller waited a week to ship it and then it had to go to the selling site’s hub and be checked for authenticity and THEN eventually moved on from there. But - grailmail finally!!!!

I’ve been enamoured with Ex Libris en Kimonos since my first week stalking the SOTD threads of this forum, but only honed in on this colorway recently. Was very excited to find it on an after-market site earlier this month and after some bargaining and a coupon from the site, it came to around $750 … yes over retail but for what I see for most ELeKs, not too terrible, in my opinion at least!

It is like, the most gorgeous thing I’ve ever seen lol!!!! Thanks for letting me share!!!

IMG_9547.jpeg

IMG_9548.jpeg

Oh stunning! Are those blue akoyas?!
Thank you, Anna. Good eye, as I generally think of these two strands of pearls as large, baroque, silver akoyas. I think you are right that they are light blue in color. I see some pink and green overtones as well as the blue overtones.

20240217_150145.jpg

I have a long strand of Tahitian drop silver body pearls which have blue overtones, and look like more of a medium blue when worn.

20240217_150622.jpg

My most prized strand of blue pearls is this deep blue strand of round blue body Tahitians from Rikitea in the Gambier Islands. All of these pearls were purchased from Pearl Paradise.

20240217_151001.jpg

OMG YA’LL!!!!

I’ve been waiting on this for several weeks - first the seller waited a week to ship it and then it had to go to the selling site’s hub and be checked for authenticity and THEN eventually moved on from there. But - grailmail finally!!!!

I’ve been enamoured with Ex Libris en Kimonos since my first week stalking the SOTD threads of this forum, but only honed in on this colorway recently. Was very excited to find it on an after-market site earlier this month and after some bargaining and a coupon from the site, it came to around $750 … yes over retail but for what I see for most ELeKs, not too terrible, in my opinion at least!

It is like, the most gorgeous thing I’ve ever seen lol!!!! Thanks for letting me share!!!

View attachment 5951135

View attachment 5951136
Congrats!!!

• Thanks
Reactions: Jereni
Conf is over but sadly now I am sick which is a bummer. Trying to cheer myself up with Dans un Jardin Anglais, which is definitely the most romantic color scheme of all my scarves. I have always felt this cw just screams “Valentine’s Day”, but maybe that’s just me.

View attachment 5949864

Bonus shot of a furbaby in a shameless bid for extra likes!!!

View attachment 5949865
Hope you're on the mend at this point @Jereni :flowers: I know I'd feel a whole lot better if I had that cw of Jardin's in my scarf stash (I do have the white and blue one so I'm not utterly bereft) :lol:

• Thanks
Reactions: Jereni
Thank you for the wonderful birthday wishes @Snausages, @AnnaE, @ninakt, @Maedi, @HermesEchidna, @SilkCouture, @LKBNOLA, @Living.la.vida.fifi, @Jereni, @Lellabelle and anyone who I might have missed :heart:

My evening scarf was my one and only and much treasured Animapolis which I wore with a gorgeous drop of yellow sunshine in the form of a Picotin 18 Touch! The handles are divine and the color radiates. The Mr. said as soon as he saw it he knew it was the one.

He also gifted me a long wished for Vie Precieuse de la Mediterranee in a very pretty shade of cornflower blue. My daughter who is a huge Taylor Swift fan saw the blue and said it reminded her of the 1989 album that is that color and has birds on it, specifically seagulls. Sure enough, there are seagulls on it. I love that connection and am looking forward to wearing it. That bag tho! It's kind of a scene stealer.

View attachment 5949923
View attachment 5949924
Many congrats @EtsyBoss, super fabulous way to celebrate a milestone!

I don't have much in the way of scarves in the brown family but I am absolutely a card-carrying Choc-a-holic! My SOTD is a new-to-me cw of Feux du Ciel. The border is a very deep dark brown and the brush strokes remind me of a delicious dish of melting vanilla fudge swirl ice cream...Happy Friday, Scarflandia!
View attachment 5950232
Bonus photo I found of "ice cream art" on Etsy...
View attachment 5950234
Wow, you're deep into the obscure with this cw of Feux du Ciel @LKBNOLA and the pairing is outstanding! :heart:

Reactions: Mary Ann G
Thank you, Anna. Good eye, as I generally think of these two strands of pearls as large, baroque, silver akoyas. I think you are right that they are light blue in color. I see some pink and green overtones as well as the blue overtones.

View attachment 5951142

I have a long strand of Tahitian drop silver body pearls which have blue overtones, and look like more of a medium blue when worn.

View attachment 5951149

My most prized strand of blue pearls is this deep blue strand of round blue body Tahitians from Rikitea in the Gambier Islands. All of these pearls were purchased from Pearl Paradise.

View attachment 5951148
This post needs an alert, luckily I'm sitting at my computer and the floor is not too far away! Just outstanding, wow :nuts:

What a fun week! Thank you to AnnaE for hosting it!
On V-Day I wore my carnaval des animeaux - in a way a romantic scarf to me because it was my first dip into H and my DH encouraged me to get it and helped me pick it out. I also wore it with a scarf ring that was a gift from DH.
IMG_7387.jpegHere it is with an archive pic

I am also very pleased with this week since it was a three scarf week for me. Thursday I wore Plumes en fete which is quickly earning its place as my go to and on Friday I wore On a summers day CSGT
IMG_7735.jpeg

I am pleased because my goal for this year was to wear my scarfs at least once a week - as my collection is growing, this is becoming easier, because I have more options for my wardrobe ..

Happy weekend scarflandia!

Really stretching the theme here as there's no red or chocolate, but here's the recent Lift Profile which I suspect is languishing in every boutique scarf drawer for lack of love. For me, it was love at first sight proving only that it's ever in the eye of the beholder....
Wow, this is gorgeous!!! I never would have guessed how beautifully it ties. Looks like my wishlist is growing, AGAIN!!!

• Thanks
Reactions: textilegirl
The reason I picked this week to host is because I have a fair number of brown scarves I rarely wear. So I thought it would motivate me to wear them. Well, that clearly hasn’t happened. But I can at least share just some of them while we are still in this week:
  • Le Nouveau Manege
  • Les Bassets
  • Bordeaux
  • Livrée Imperiale
  • Paris-London
  • Proues
  • Roulis
  • Alternateur
  • Les Sangles
  • Marine Naïve
  • Pique Selier

And my actual SOTD, Le Songe de Poliphile

IMG_8481.jpegIMG_8483.jpegIMG_8484.jpegIMG_8485.jpegIMG_8486.jpegIMG_8487.jpegIMG_8489.jpegIMG_8490.jpegIMG_8491.jpegIMG_8493.jpegIMG_8495.jpegIMG_8496.jpeg

View attachment 5951142

View attachment 5951149

Yes, that is what I meant! I have a strand myself, but mine is shorter than yours. I have a strand of very dark Tahitians similar to yours, but I am still working on deciding whether I want some more baroque ones. I always find pearls go wonderfully with scarves!