Scarves Scarf of the Day 2022 - Which Hermès scarf are you wearing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
•26 Jun 2022: Lord of the Rings
One Ring to Rule Them All – Your favourite scarf rings & how you use them

Happy Sunday, my dear scarfie friends! I am delighted to join you after a bit of an absence due to excessive busyness and a few health issues sprinkled here and there. But, thankfully, all is well and today I am ready to discuss one of my favorite scarf-related topics.

Not only do I enjoy tying my scarves in a number of tried-and-true ways but am constantly seeking to discover new knots. Most of my favorite knots involve the usage of scarf rings or slides.

While I own a number of traditional scarf rings, I also like to use regular finger rings and decorative vintage buckles to secure my silks. There are even times when I may attach an interesting brooch to a knot.

During the course of the week, I will share a few of my favorite scarf rings, buckles and brooches and some of the knots I created with them.

But, first, let’s start with the basics. The Hermès chaine d’ancre scarf ring is a timeless classic which I own in various metal types. It is the anchor to many of my favorite knots, such as the Octopus Knot, the Edot Knot, the Basic Bias Fold Slide, the Asymmetrical Wrap, and the Criss-Cross Knot, among others.

Here is the classic Hermès chain d’ancre in action. I own this style in a variety of metal tonalities as well as in tortoise shades and ebony. In some knots the ring will not be visible, though it would be impossible to create the knot without it.

Classic Hermès chaine d’ancre scarf ring
View attachment 5434597

Flanerie a Versailles
View attachment 5434596

Sichuan
View attachment 5434599

Le Voyage a Pytheas
View attachment 5434601

La Voie Lactee mousseline stole
View attachment 5434598

Jungle Love Love
View attachment 5434600

Plumets et Panaches
View attachment 5434608

I also own a variety of Mai Tai enamel and plain metal Classique scarf rings in various sizes. I find that the reversible ones are very versatile and the variety of sizes make them quite practical as I use them for different formats

One of my Mai Tai reversible enamel Classique rings
View attachment 5434605

Duo Cosmique
View attachment 5434603

Hippopolis
View attachment 5434604

Two CWs of Promenades a Paris 70cm
View attachment 5434606

View attachment 5434607

I am looking forward to a fun and informative week as we show our favorite scarf rings and slides and share a gallery of our favorite knots and scarves
Thank you for the wonderful intro. Your scarves plus rings are fabulous. I regret not having bought more MaiTai rings. Also so glad everything is good health wise.

T
Closing my stint this week with some favourite scarves that are definitely both sugar & spice as well as puppy dog tails.
From the women's collex
Monochromatic beauty of Onde de Chic and Thalassa
View attachment 5434532

View attachment 5434527
A touch of colour and flowing stripes in H Cinetique
View attachment 5434526
Simplicity and elegance in gavroches Perspective and Tour Auto
View attachment 5434523
View attachment 5434528
From the men's collex
A debonair doubleside Music Makers
Worn in a yin and yang combo here with a feminine cw of Les BolidesView attachment 5434534
An ascot worn same way with a man's shirt and a woman's top
View attachment 5434529
C'est le Fete which I'm pretty sure was snapped up mostly by the female clientele
View attachment 5434537
Step into the Frame which was issued for a men-centric H event
View attachment 5434538
And lastly, fooling around with ties again because the ones made from scarf silk are irresistable
View attachment 5434539
Thank you for being such a knowledgeable and creative host.

I love using scarf rings-- I think of them as jewelry for my scarves. Sometimes they even become jewelry as here, where I have tied my pretty new-to-me Jouvence into a scarf necklace using the trio ring. Also showing the separate long tie because I just love this design with the gorgeous fireworks jacquard...
View attachment 5434735
View attachment 5434736
Stunning. You make the colors come to live beautifully.

Reactions: Nomad
Nomad, I love the way the graphics on Space Derby look here. I have a feeling I'm going to see a lot of scarf designs in a new light this week thanks to the scarf rings.
Thank You! You just got me more excited about this week, beyond the normal inspiration of Seeing everyone use their rings. A new light on our beauties :tup:
Mwah! :winkiss:

I covet that Space Derby! Returned it before it had a chance to rise. Gah!
gah indeed! I really love the blue and rainbow colors. Proof that we need to wait until the end of that 30days before we hit return to H.com ;). I regret returning several marble designs thinking they are just too fancy for me :facepalm:
Apparently I *can* find a scarf to wear with my zebra shirt! :biggrin: Thank goodness I got a scarf ring that goes with everything before MaiTai stopped selling.
Oh wow!!! AWESOME! love it

In the event the heat does not dip back below 100° this week (making scarves temporarily obsolete), here are some archive shots. Following the lead of @Living.la.vida.fifi focusing on CdA. They come in so many colors and I love using them to add a pop of color

Pink gets a lot of use
Fleurs d’Ecosse

View attachment 5434754
Reve d’Australie
View attachment 5434755

CetC twilly
View attachment 5434771

Cheval Mirage 70
View attachment 5434756

Blue with Fleurs de l’Opera
View attachment 5434757

Brushed silver with CdC Maxi Twilly

View attachment 5434764
Brushed gold with Aaaaargh! 100
View attachment 5434769
Back to brushed silver with 3 Graces
View attachment 5434770
Beautiful and very ingenious archive pictures. The knot with the maxi twilly is superb. Will need to replicate once it's cooler.

Reactions: Snausages and Nomad
Archive of my most memorable times I used a scarf ring. Memorable because it took effort to think of using them instead of my usual ties. I realize I use my rings too infrequently and must remedy. This week I may get a chance to do a twilly w twilly ring w the heat. We shall see. The only h brand rings I have are all the heart ones. Edit- and twilly charms
View attachment 5434781View attachment 5434782View attachment 5434783
Big love for all of these.

• Thanks
Archive of my most memorable times I used a scarf ring. Memorable because it took effort to think of using them instead of my usual ties. I realize I use my rings too infrequently and must remedy. This week I may get a chance to do a twilly w twilly ring w the heat. We shall see. The only h brand rings I have are all the heart ones. Edit- and twilly charms
Twins on the Patisserie Francais and the Space Derby. I LOVE the pairing with the striped top - that is inspired! :loveeyes:

• Thanks
Thanks, everyone, for the warm welcome and lovely comments…

I love using scarf rings-- I think of them as jewelry for my scarves. Sometimes they even become jewelry as here, where I have tied my pretty new-to-me Jouvence into a scarf necklace using the trio ring. Also showing the separate long tie because I just love this design with the gorgeous fireworks jacquard...
View attachment 5434735
View attachment 5434736
I have a Trio but don’t think I’ve ever worn it like this with one of the circles facing forward… Must try that…
Your Jouvence is so fresh and lovely and these are such great ways to wear it!

Fabulous! Now you need to direct us to the tuts!
In the event the heat does not dip back below 100° this week (making scarves temporarily obsolete), here are some archive shots. Following the lead of @Living.la.vida.fifi focusing on CdA. They come in so many colors and I love using them to add a pop of color

Pink gets a lot of use
Fleurs d’Ecosse

View attachment 5434754
Reve d’Australie
View attachment 5434755

CetC twilly
View attachment 5434771

Cheval Mirage 70
View attachment 5434756

Blue with Fleurs de l’Opera
View attachment 5434757

Brushed silver with CdC Maxi Twilly

View attachment 5434764
Brushed gold with Aaaaargh! 100
View attachment 5434769
Back to brushed silver with 3 Graces
View attachment 5434770
You said you wanted tuts? You don’t need no stinkin’ tuts! You are amazing! These are all such beautiful ways to wear the scarves! I honestly can’t pick a favorite, and each one of your silks is absolutely dreamy

Thank you, @xincinsin , for a lovely week of sharing our men's scarves. Thank you, @Living.la.vida.fifi , for the amazing introduction to scarf rings. I recall that two years ago, when I first joined this forum, we had knotting week, and I learned so much. I have a feeling that scarf ring week will be equally educational, since I rarely use them. The practice should be fun.

I'm beginning this week with Formulae Chic, held in place with a shiny dark buffalo horn scarf ring purchased on Etsy. I don't own many scarf rings, so you will probably see it pop up again during the week.

View attachment 5434812
Such a showstopper! And, this is such a practical ring! Mai Tai had these lacquered rings and I regret never getting one, but I know they’re out there in other sites

Love all three looks, but am especially enamored of those little heart rings… They’ve been on my wishlist and I should finally take the plunge… They add such a fun and whimsical touch to a scarf!

View attachment 5435080

Love this color for the summer!
Love this fab design in this CW… I’ve been eyeing this scarf ring… Looks so good! My fav thing about this look is that amazing decorated hem

Yesterday's scarf mail was the Kyoto Marble Silk fringed muffler. So pretty. I think these muffler styles are really nice for warmer weather.

Surely, I can find a triangle somewhere on this muffler to be on theme.

View attachment 5406143View attachment 5406144View attachment 5406145View attachment 5406146

There we are! A yellow triangle. With a mostly blue triangle below it.

View attachment 5406147

My scarf of the day is the Marble Silk Fringed Muffler.

View attachment 5406448
I know this is an older post but this looks stunning on you! :loveeyes: :loveeyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.