Scarves Scarf Of The Day 2019 - Which Hermès scarf are you wearing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Signing off this year and decade and wishing all my scarf friends the very best New Year ever

@momasaurus for you and others that wanted to know what the scarf was in the last pic of my last post, it is Jeu de Cartes which is my SotD again today worn to go hiking in our beautiful countryside with DH. I thought I was twins with moma on this amazing scarf. So happy I managed to get DH a Christmas tie box from H (Perspectives) with one of his pressies, that is certainly something to cherish too. I took a couple of pics indoors because DH gets upset if I keep stopping the hike to take selfies (he's a proper photographer LOL - wat evs!) but as you can see I managed to take a few shots of the scenery for you too.

Yes, we *are* twins on the Jeu de Cartes, Lol, how did I not recognize it?!?

Great pix!

On this last day of 2019, I’d like to mention what a pleasure it is to interact with each and everyone here on TPF. This is such a wonderful thread where we learn, laugh, share and are also greatly enabled. Thank you so much for another great silken year.
Wishing all my TPF friends a wonderful, scarf-filled 2020!

I must give Mountain Zebra the award as the most vibrant, colorful design from Hermès this year. Also, one of my favorites.
View attachment 4627305

View attachment 4627292

I also must include two scarves from recent seasons that I initially passed on, but so glad that I added to my collection this year. They are now among my favorites.
Les Tresors d’un Artiste
View attachment 4627293

View attachment 4627294

And, Robe du Soir, which I ended up getting in two CWs
View attachment 4627295

View attachment 4627296

View attachment 4627297

View attachment 4627291
Fifi, you are an incredible and serious knot and scarf-tying expert :coolio:! May I hire you:graucho:?

The awards for The Best Al Pacino Impersonation... “Say Hello to My Little Friends!”
Best Supporting goes to Cavale Joyeuse
View attachment 4627222
and the winner is Dans un Jardin Anglais
View attachment 4627221
(these lil cuties are irresistible!)
Cookiefiend, these gavs are really pretty! I love Dans un Jardin Anglais in that cw. That design is such a grail.

Now for the 70s- I do love the vintage 70 format!
Most unusual CW for me goes to rendezvous rive gauche in this lemon yellow CW. Although I already have this in the greyish blue with pink and chocolate CW, When I saw this one up for sale, I clicked BIN because it shows the street sign more clearly than the blue one, and I thought I could handle the yellow in a smaller format. Definitely cheery!
View attachment 4627359

So happy that H brought back 70s this year. The award for favorite 70 goes to Ex Libris les parisiennes.
View attachment 4627362

And then Santa brought me the blue!
View attachment 4627363
Twins on the yellow Dimitri Rybaltchenko's Modernisme Tropical! Such a wonderful pop of color.
I'm on the hunt for your pink cw as well!

Reactions: Cookiefiend
2019 has been an amazing year - my wallet is in a coma though, the poor thing. :angel:
I’ve debated on how to start this week - there are many worthy entries and it’s hard to choose. I decided to start in mousseline.
Best Example of the Perfect Design in Mousseline - Brides de Gala en Finesse
View attachment 4626460
Best Supporting Design in Mousseline - Plumes
View attachment 4626462
And - TaDa - The Oscarf goes to La Rosee in Changeant Mousseline (Scarf of the Year!)
View attachment 4626461
I've yet to try a Mousseline.
It's now my new year's resolution!
Sooo feminine and effortless. Perfect.

I've yet to try a Mousseline.
It's now my new year's resolution!
Sooo feminine and effortless. Perfect.
MAGJES, I think the mousselines are very feminine and quite gorgeous but I’m worried I won’t wear it if I purchase one. I know there are many on this forum who ADORE moussies. They don’t seem to be a good format for me. Wishing you happiness and buona fortuna in your quest to acquire one (or two....:graucho:). For my part, as I posted yesterday, my goal in 2020 is to acquire ONE perfect (for me) 140 CSGM. And to try on a 140 all-silk, to see how they look. I was ecstatic to find that the giant triangle did not overwhelm me; in fact it has that effortless quality you mention, but a 140 silk is twice the amount of silk compared to the giant triangle. Well, I should try on a moussie when I try on a 140 silk. There, it’s a plan!! :happydance:

View attachment 4627374 First, Happy New Year, Everyone. I enjoy your posts and photos, as I learn from you, and commune and gush with you. It’s just such a fun and enlightening forum. Need I also say enabling, as Fifi mentioned :angel:?
I currently have a total of 18 H scarves: 5 90 cm carrés, 5 plisses, 5 twillies, 1 maxi twilly cut, 1 70 cm, and 1 giant triangle. I began collecting in 2017, and 2019 was by far my biggest year. I have acquired some beauties this year: Belle du Mexique plisse in a fantastic red cw, Peuple du Vent plisse in pink, gold and red cw, Cosmos plisse in purples, my beloved L’Hiver. So it is very hard to decide which baby should get the Mademoiselle Soie award except that ... I also acquired the gorgeous Kachinas Giant Triangle!! And the very special Savana Dance!! And my maxi twilly cut En Desordre.

Soooo, for 2019, Mademoiselle Soie goes to the Kachinas Giant Triangle with Savana Dance the runner up. (Applause, bows, bravas, hoots :P!).

I also want to thank the Team Scarf Mistresses for their commitment to creating such a wonderful daily environment, and to all of you for your help and input.

2020 goals: acquire a 140 CSGM, try on a 140 silk and wear my precious scarves!! Woo hoo!!
View attachment 4627368View attachment 4627373
Both are gorgeous on you, Karenska!

Reactions: Karenska
Happy New Year scarfies!

The 2020 thread is up and running so you can view the topics for the upcoming year below. :dothewave:

https://forum.purseblog.com/threads...h-hermes-scarf-are-you-wearing-today.1022369/

It's locked for now, and we'll reopen it when I close this one at the end of the week. Enjoy the remaining days of the 2019 thread for now!

My Best Small Format from 2019 was definitely the Ex Libris Bandana Organza Mousseline:
bestsmall.jpg

And like a few others, my Best for 90cm format goes to Animapolis:

animapscary1.jpg

Happy New Year scarfies!

The 2020 thread is up and running so you can view the topics for the upcoming year below. :dothewave:

https://forum.purseblog.com/threads...h-hermes-scarf-are-you-wearing-today.1022369/

It's locked for now, and we'll reopen it when I close this one at the end of the week. Enjoy the remaining days of the 2019 thread for now!

My Best Small Format from 2019 was definitely the Ex Libris Bandana Organza Mousseline:
View attachment 4627946

View attachment 4627947
Love both of these! That is the CW of the madras scarf I wanted, but it didn’t work for me.

Chose Les Bains for top honors 2019 purchases and first day of 2020 because this will be a fun, colorful, and delightful year! Totally a coincidence DH gets a call 6 a.m. apartment fire in one of the 20+ Properties he supervises in our region.
So—had to feature a particular spot on Les Bains!D8BB3411-4E1D-48FD-9183-4F6EEEC66E4A.jpeg
Happy Hems to you....until we meet again!

Last edited:
Happy New Year scarfies!

View attachment 4627946

View attachment 4627947
Just read through the list of 2020 topics. Lots of interesting new ones.
I am glad we have the best scarves of the year theme for the last week again. It has been really interesting to reflect on the scarves of the year.

happy New Year everyone! This is definitely my favorite thread!

Love both of these! That is the CW of the madras scarf I wanted, but it didn’t work for me.

Thank you scarf1! I was really hoping they would do another of the organza bandanas for the Spring 2020, but so far nothing....That is too bad this color didn't work on you! I thought it would have been a shoe in!

Chose Les Bains for top honors 2019 purchases and first day of 2020 because this will be a fun, colorful, and delightful year! Totally a coincidence DH gets a call 6 a.m. apartment fire in one of the 20+ Properties he supervises in our region.
So—had to feature a particular spot on Les Bains!View attachment 4627965
Happy Hems to you....until we meet again!
That one is a really great top honors scarf as well Jbizzybeetle! (And horseman is goin' to a far', as they say... which sucks for all concerned! I hope it was minimal damage! )

I love the Happy Hems...this feels like a future theme week if ever I heard one! :yes:

Just read through the list of 2020 topics. Lots of interesting new ones.
I am glad we have the best scarves of the year theme for the last week again. It has been really interesting to reflect on the scarves of the year.

happy New Year everyone! This is definitely my favorite thread!

It will! So happy there are several GSMs joining in this year! I do like the impending tradition of the Oscarfs. :yes: It is good to reflect (and get some reminders from my wallet that it had good reason to cry....) :lol:

Happy New Year scarfies!

View attachment 4627946

View attachment 4627947
Love both, bunnycat, but your Animapolis is really adorable. I didn’t know Hermes made organza scarves.

Reactions: bunnycat
Status
Not open for further replies.