Scared to use your bags???

I used to rely on taking out my Coach bags when it was raining and such. But, ever since I got caught in a downpour with my Mono Speedy 30 that has become my official rain bag. My Damier Papillon 30 is also a good inclement weather bag.

I agree with those that say - we have spent enough money on them and they should be throughly enjoyed.

I think its about moderation. I wouldnt purposely trash my bag. But, I am not going to walk around constantly worrying about it.

As soon as I get my LV bags, I start using them right away --- the next day if possible. When I got my Pomme Brentwood, however, that threw me for a loop. I was scared to use it only because it was soooo red and I had a brain freeze on what to wear with it. LOL I'm okay with it now!

I agree, for the amount that you're spending on the bag, you should be using it asap!!! I always use it the next day if not the same day. I reserve a couple hours for staring at it haha and then I bring it out for use!!!

I'm not scared to use my LV at all, but have a Ferragamo I've decided to sell - it's a light sand suede color and it's too pricey -I'm so afraid to get dirty that I finally thought I need to just get rid of it, if I can't use it and enjoy it and it's collecting dust it needs to go!!

When they are first new..I am really scared to use them (sounds crazy..dream of getting it then when I do I am afraid to use it).

Eventually though...I get over the fear and tell myself.."You bought it to use it..so use it already!"..

I am a FIRM believer that I should never buy something that I am afraid to use. What is the point of beauty if it hides in your closet?

LV are pieces that are meant to be used -- hence I said used not abused (see my previous post re: a Speedy 30) -- but you being paranoid about using your bag/luggage is silly in my opinion.

My theory is...USE THEM AND LOVE THEM ALL EQUALLY (if you can)...and have special bags for certain things, like rain or snow! It is a crime to lock up a beautiful Louis in the closet...they are meant to be on display--on our arms and shoulders!!

I'm careful with my bags and try not to use them in the rain. In the beginning I was paranoid about getting anything on them, but now I use them as much as I can and feel like they're developing more character and becoming mine!

In the beginning I am extra careful and fanatical about getting them dirty etc. But that usually ends after a few weeks. I am careful though compared to how I have been with other bags.

I'm careful but I use them. Like others have mentioned I carry a plastic bag in the purse in case of a surprise rain fall and use the Speedy 30 for foul weather day that I can predict. My biggest concern right now is keeping the bags out of reach of my terrible dog who'll chew the shoes on your feet...for real. :sweatdrop: