Scared for my dog...she is going to get spayed.

that's a good idea natalie...how's your belle doing?

it's been 7 days and ever since yesterday my mom has been telling me my dog has been running around upstairs like crazy and she's been having the hardest time catching her! i know they are supposed to wait 10 days before running/jumping but she has at least snuck 2 jumps to and from the couch ever since day 3 of surgery and started running day 7 of surgery...do you all think this is okay? What other measures can my mom do to keep her from jumping/running around? And my mom doesn't want to leave her in the cage as she's there for 7-8 hours of the day when my mom is at work...or am i just over reacting and she should be fine?

also, how long should she keep the e-collar on? My mom has still been leaving her e-collar on as well...

Ask your mom to look @ your furbaby's stitches..since is has been 7 days, she should have healed noticeably. I dont think she needs to wear the e collar after 7 days, esp if the wound is noticeably healed and your baby is not licking that area. If your baby is acting normal (eating, palying, poo poo and pee pee) then i think you dont need to worry much. Our babies are a lot more resilient than we think! the first 2 days are tougher but since its been a week, I think she will be fine. Althought jumping is not recommended but if her stiches are significantly healed, i dont think its not much of a threat at this point. If your baby was crate trained then I would recommend crating her during periods of time. If not, maybe you can block of an area if your home where she will stayed confined when your mom is not home (and this area shouldnt have furniture for her to jump onto..usually kitchen works.)

Good luck!!

Belle got her stiches out on Thursday. She's currently digging a hole to China in my back yard. Nothing slows her down. I wouldn't worry about the jumping. When she feels pain, she'll stop. If she doesn't stop, then that's great! It means she has healed enough that she doesn't hurt anymore.

^^^ Some dogs will not limit their activity when they are in pain. I have seen dogs that have chewed through their stitches and completely re-opened their incision. I will refrain from how horrible and graphic that it is, but basically it results in a dead dog. Please follow your vet's instructions. Keep your dog from running and jumping until the stitches are removed. If you have to crate her, then do that.