Saving up for first beige classic. Help!

I forgot to mention that, the BC is one of two bags I have (the other being a matte grey reissue) that works with both silver and gold accessories. Particularly the BC since it's a gold-toned bag with SHW.

I know that many will say to just mix & match hardware with any jewelry, and I actually love mixing golds & silvers.. however I find it difficult to do with most Chanel bags, mainly because the chain strap is such an eye-catcher.

Regarding the hardware I am leaning towards shw though, because I find beige already being " a gold" so the combination of silver and beige will look great with any kind of jewelry + shw looks fresh and young and will blend in better for days with less ladylike outfits although gold normally would be my first choice.. Whatchya think? :smile:)

Weird.. this post ended up on the other thread.

I have a beige claire jumbo with SHW. It was my first Chanel as well, and one of my most used & loved bags.

Some things I thought about in making my choice:
* The weather where I love is "summer" most of the time. I liked the lighter beige b/c it felt clean. I also liked how it compliments dressier black outfits in the winter.
* I opted for a Jumbo because I have broad shoulders and am average in height (5'6"). The jumbo can go fun-cocktail and casual... where as the M/L really works more formal with my frame. I'm not formally dressed but 2-4 times a year.
* Lastly, I went with SHW. For me, I think the silver adds a cooler, cleaner look to the BC. I'm (by far) in the minority here - but for me, I felt like the gold stuck more elegant, while the SHW went elegant if need be (what Chanel doesn't!) and played casual with more ease. I also just liked the look of the SHW on the BC - and you will probably have fun determining what you think as part of your bag-hunting process.

Congrats and GL!

Here's a link showing both hardware options if that helps!
Please post your *BROWN & TAN/BEIGE/CAMEL* Chanel items here!

Thank you so so much for your great, detailed answer. I'm with you in all you say. If the prices are crazy till fall I must be glad if I can settle down with m/l hahaha but I cant decide yet.

M/L is good because it works ( visually at least) day and night. Jumbo on the other hand holds up much more but can be too big for formal events. Of course there is no crystal clear rules and we're free to mix and match as we Desire but still ... Can I ask u how long u hade ur BC jumbo? Is it Hard to keep in good condition due to the sensibility of light leather and the fact that it is big and there for more risky to bump into stuff compared to m/l?

I thank you alot!!

I have a beige claire jumbo with SHW. It was my first Chanel as well, and one of my most used & loved bags.

* The weather where I love is "summer" most of the time. I liked the lighter beige b/c it felt clean. I also liked how it compliments dressier black outfits in the winter.
* I opted for a Jumbo because I have broad shoulders and am average in height (5'6"). The jumbo can go fun-cocktail and casual... where as the M/L really works more formal with my frame. I'm not formally dressed but 2-4 times a year.
* Lastly, I went with SHW. For me, I think the silver adds a cooler, cleaner look to the BC. I'm (by far) in the minority here - but for me, I felt like the gold stuck more elegant, while the SHW went elegant if need be (what Chanel doesn't!) and played casual with more ease. I also just liked the look of the SHW on the BC - and you will probably have fun determining what you think as part of your bag-hunting process.

Congrats and GL!

Congrats and GL!

I have had a BC caviar jumbo with GHW for several months, but only took it out twice, maybe because the winter was kicking in, and I picture that I would wear it more in spring/summer with dress.

I could not resist the combination of GHW with BG. However, I still have some concern with it, I feel a bit hard to maintain given the size and light color, even though it is caviar. And I don't think the sheen of caviar really helps that much, I already saw some wear of one corner but not serious. My biggest fear is it might be rubbed/worn and turn darker eventually. Sadly i don't really want to baby my bags, that's why I still use my darker flaps more often.

Do you pre-treat the leather, how to keep it clean?

Any tips from BC caviar jumbo owners?

Oh and an other thing ... Ive searched in the Brown/tan/beige thread but havent found conpared pic of beige and beige clair side by side

In some pics the beige clair is almost ivory! How dark is the regular beige and how light is beige clair ? Which one is prettier irl ? I ask all this because there is no chanel boutique here !

TIA!

Get the jumbo with silver hw. You can easily go from casual to formal. I got the small one before but I exchanged it with jumbo, the small is way too small for me. Jumbo is just perfect. Good luck.

I have a Jumbo in SHW. I had a GHW Jumbo, and while gorgeous, it didn't feel right on me. Like the gold made it too formal to dress down. So it got it in M/L because it's such an elegant combo I thought maybe the Jumbo size was throwing me off. Nope. Too small and I woudn't use it enough. I got my SHW Jumbo and it's perfect for me.

I agree with yodaling1, the double flap jumbo is sooo heavy & stiff! I got my BC caviar jumbo w/ GHW this year, and as much as I love the bag, I hate wearing it for a long period of time :sad: Makes me wish I got it in M/L. I definitely wear my single flap a lot more than the double flap. That would probably be the only problem with a caviar jumbo, but other than that, the bag is gorgeous!