Saving up for first beige classic. Help!

this is a tough decision, but congrats on your graduation - you totally deserve this!

my gut tells me that you should go for M/L w GHW caviar or lambskin. I love my jumbo but because my M/Ls are so easy to carry, I get more use out of them. also BC is a beautiful and delicate color, and i personally feel that it goes better with a more feminine, elegant size.

I would like to thank you all for your inputs!

So far I realized I would either want beige clair with ghw or normal beige with shw. I browsed many threads and this are the killer combos imo!

As far as the size conserned I realized that one need both. Jumbo for day and m/l for night. Maybe m/l is most versatile aestethically but not as practical as jumbo!
Because I dont have the fortune to buy both I have to decide on a beige or beige clair from a Chanel store and then maybe buy a black one vintage. If I choose to do so, smartest would be to get a beige m/l ( avoiding color transfer and vurnability of bigger bags) and then get a black jumbo. Or the opposite, beige jumbo and later on a black m/l..

Its so tough when there is no store here! When in summer is the NeXT priceincrease? August ?
I guess England , Belgium and France are the closest from me and I go to France quite often so I might be able to go to Brussels!

Have to quit shopping, save save save! Does anyone know the current price ( arter the raise in jan) on m/l and jumbo in euro?

I hate that it has become so darn expensive but it is My HG and 100% my style so better get it now or we're soon in the Birkin range!!

You should definitely buy your classic bag now regardless of the size! Dont wait until the summer. BC with GHW is stunning and you do not need to match to your jewelry. I have the BC jumbo with GHW and love this combo. By the summer the classics will be up hundreds of $$$.

You should definitely buy your classic bag now regardless of the size! Dont wait until the summer. BC with GHW is stunning and you do not need to match to your jewelry. I have the BC jumbo with GHW and love this combo. By the summer the classics will be up hundreds of $$$.

Cant afford it yet love, trust me , if I did you would find me at the nearest airport hahaha!! I bought 3 expensive bags last year, 2 lvs i am happy with and a dolce & gabbana I put on sale. I am more than a full time student ( lawstudent but also taking a bachelor in french same time and colonial history) and My only income is My two extra Jobs . I live with my parents still which is nice but I won't put myself to debt, all the things I want I buy them with earned money and I never buy on credit! I start saving now but superstressed for price increase because I won't afford it sooner. I know its just a bag but I am obsessed with Chanel. The whole brand !

Cant afford it yet love, trust me , if I did you would find me at the nearest airport hahaha!! I bought 3 expensive bags last year, 2 lvs i am happy with and a dolce & gabbana I put on sale. I am more than a full time student ( lawstudent but also taking a bachelor in french same time and colonial history) and My only income is My two extra Jobs . I live with my parents still which is nice but I won't put myself to debt, all the things I want I buy them with earned money and I never buy on credit! I start saving now but superstressed for price increase because I won't afford it sooner. I know its just a bag but I am obsessed with Chanel. The whole brand !

Cherine Chems, it was my impression your purchase is imminent. Otherwise, you still have some time to make sure you determine the best combo for your needs and your heart. Regardless, my recommendation is still jumbo, BC, GHW. ;)

GL! And yes - we are all addicted to the brand but should not be irresponsible to use the credit cards too easy, even temptation is soooo big. This is so much easier said than done! Wait until you start to lust over CJs.... as well ....;):graucho:

Cherine Chems, it was my impression your purchase is imminent. Otherwise, you still have some time to make sure you determine the best combo for your needs and your heart. Regardless, my recommendation is still jumbo, BC, GHW. ;)

GL! And yes - we are all addicted to the brand but should not be irresponsible to use the credit cards too easy, even temptation is soooo big. This is so much easier said than done! Wait until you start to lust over CJs.... as well ....;):graucho:

Yeah my cravings are here and now !! Wanna bite my fingers off for not purchasing flaps 3 years ago when normal mortals still could afford it lol ! Thank you for your advice, i am leaning towards ghw if I get BC

i think you'll get more use out of the jumbo.. :smile:

as for hardware, i have a beige clair w ghw jumbo that i love so my vote goes to ghw! im usually a shw person but most of my bags are ghw lately!

Good taste Duckiee~~!!! I like ghw with the jumbo caviar beige clair:biggrin: I really love it a lot. and I've been told from my friend at chanel boutique about the price increase in March. It makes me want to purchase another one.

I purchased the m/l beige Clair shw last yr with the same idea as you...beige plus silver is more young. But now I see the jumbo with ghw and it makes me want to get it as well! I think ultimately in the long run...ghw looks the best! Hence most vintage items I see Usually have ghw

I have the beige clair with gold hardware in jumbo and absolutely love it. I like the silver in m/l but I think I am done or on a ban now with the prices so high.

Thanks,

Hi everyone!
I always told myself to get a classic flap bag in a beige hue as a university graduation gift to myself but with this crazy prices I am feeling stressed and it is now or never! My friend will be off to the US in fall passing Heathrow and she can buy one on my behalf since there is no Chanel boutique in my country

This will probably be my only Chanel and I get week knees seeing beige Chanels and i want a classic flap bag
I want it to be as versatile as possible:
Should I get JUMBO or M/L !??? <-- main "issue"

I am also torn between beige and beige clair
Please share your opinions I appriciate any help I can get. I have no specific purpose but want the size that can be used for most occations..
Beige claire anyday! It is SOOO much more beautiful than the blah beige and is a special chanel colour. Also jumbo flap is more versatile than a maxi. Get the single flap since double flaps can be a bit annoying.