Travel SAN FRANCISCO tips - questions - advice

Not by Union Square but i've been thinking about their dry fried chicken ever since I went a year ago...

http://www.yelp.com/biz/san-tung-ch...id:bQ5WYlPbFIjtCbLgE-Msgw/query:fried chicken

My BF lives in SF and I've been dying to go back to the restaurant ever since my first taste. He likes to take me out to fine dining but this restaurant is just good, simple food. which i would rank over almost all the fine dining he's taken me.

Just in case you ever happen to be around that area...

DRY FRIED CHICKEN!!!

OMG YES! This was the place I was talking about. You will notice that everyone there goes for the dry fried chicken. I call it candy chicken. It's legendary.

R & G is good on Kearny Street and so is Hunan Home on Jackson and Kearny. Both are within walking distance of where you are. Just walk to the gates of China town on Grant Street and you'll get to both restaurants.

There are lots of breakfast places, high end to inexpensive. One I enjoy is Cafe Mason. It is casual, reasonably priced, and just off Union Square. It is also 24 hours, and near two other 24 hour cafes, in case you want a late night snack sometime.

http://www.cafemason.com/

Cafe Mason is really good for lunch or breakfast. It's small and it's off of the busy streets so it's a great place for conversation

Does anyone know which of the following Coach stores are closest to/easiest to get to from Union Square? Thanks.

COACH EMBARCADERO
1 EMBARCADERO CENTER, SPACE R-1114

COACH 190 POST ST
190 POST STREET

COACH SAN FRANCISCO CENTRE
SAN FRANCISCO CENTRE
865 MARKET STREET, SPACE #222

COACH STONESTOWN GALLERIA
3251 20TH AVE SPACE #109

bnjj -- the one on Post and the one on Market street are almost the same distance from the middle of Union Square. The one on Market is actually in the large mall, so that's probably your best bet if you're going to do more shopping at once.

BTW, the weather here has been crappy, unfortunately. Bring an umbrella!

Thanks guys, but how far are they? Walking distance? Also, Lori, does the mall you refer to have a Sephora?

I'm not coming for 6 more weeks so the weather has lots of time to turn around.

Both are within walking distance of Union Square. Just a few blocks.

If you're heading down to the Coach store in the mall, the Sephora is on the way, but it's not in that mall (if I remember correctly). Someone correct me if I'm wrong, whenever I go to that mall I'm usually just running into Bloomingdale's.

Sephora is located by the cable car stop (where you will all these tourists line up). It's on Powell, across the street from the SF Shopping Centre. The Coach store on Market Street is inside the mall. The one on post is about 2-3 blocks from Union Square, and ~6 blocks from the mall.

I am planning to take my grandma to San Francisco next month:yahoo: BUT this is the first time I am going to SF so I am completely lost and clueless!!! My head is filled with questions. Could anyone recommend me a nice hotel right in the middle of the city? Nice restaurants? Where to shop (Saks, Neiman Marcus, Barneys, Nordstroms, etc. etc.)? Places to go? Museums? Attractions? Landmarks? Any information would be great!!! Thank you:heart:

I'll bet you have a great time. There are SF members here, so I hope they post with ideas for you. My sister and I are going this spring (prob. April or May) and we're starting to plan.

Good luck gathering info and I hope you have a great time!