Workplace Salary and number of hours worked

currently a student interning at a financial institution. non-exempted, hourly is okay for my age i guess, and whole day is 8:30-5, half hour break for lunch, and yes paid for OT.

Im on hourly, hours vary from 15-55 yes i know its quite the range as I knew it from off the bat during the interview. I graduated my three year diploma and immediately got hired as a payroll clerk for a sport revenue, pay is not that great but im glad i dont have to be stressed about finding a job especially in the current economy.

Salaried, I get paid for 40 hours but I take long lunches when I feel like it and come in later or leave earlier. My department is just flexible like that. I work in corporate for a public company.

I live in a country with overworked people and a high cost of living. I consider myself lucky to work 7am - 330pm. I also have about 1.5 months of paid vacation, so I'm lucky, but my pay is not fantastic.

Most of my friends work 9-7pm jobs though. ANd it's not unusual to bring work home or work during weekends. Our countrymen have no life =D

I am salaried and put in 40 hours a week. I used to be over worked doing about 80 hours a week, cuz my ex- boss was totally horrible, mean and with no social life of her own. I have since June 2010, changed departments and have a good work atmosphere. I take long lunch breaks (use it for gym) and I can come and go as I please as well as work from home and not work.

I truly feel blessed and very satisfied with my job. I am able to deliver quality work in a timely manner unlike before when I was mostly running around like a headless chicken.

When it comes to $$$ I think I make good money but I know that people in my organisation make more money than me.

I also got recently married in May and plan to move into a new apartment and need to furnish as well, so I like the fact that I can make time for all that and more.

I think I am pretty much done with having a very busy work life.
I would like to give more time to family and making a nice home..
oh well cant have it all I guess....

I live in a country with overworked people and a high cost of living. I consider myself lucky to work 7am - 330pm. I also have about 1.5 months of paid vacation, so I'm lucky, but my pay is not fantastic.

Most of my friends work 9-7pm jobs though. ANd it's not unusual to bring work home or work during weekends. Our countrymen have no life =D

wow, been there, done that. It can be depressing being overworked and underpaid and hate having the deadline over my heads all the time.

I feel for you and the people in your country.

I work for a race team, Normally I work 830-530 (with an hour lunch) But during rally weeks, and weekends, I work 20 hour days (For 3-14 days) No overtime, no bonus' ... but I knew that coming into the team. They do give us a few days post-races. A week off free at Xmas, and two weeks holiday a year... not too bad...