Saks will not let me buy -?!

Blue*Rose

Aug 31, 2010
I almost cried just now when I got off the phone with the SA at Saks. She said she isn't sure why but Saks will not authorize her to send me a bag (my lion head flap that I just posted about!) which they already charged me for and payment has cleared my visa. The SA was nice but said she had to refund my $. I said "So I can't buy the bag?" and, in a nutshell, the answer is NO.
Can anyone explain to me why they would do this?

That is strange...it is not a classic and I don't even think they are refusing shipping those. Could you speak to a manager to see what's up? You could call another Saks to confirm this too.

there was one member she had the same problem of previous pre-increased price. I asked how many bags she bought, she was never responded to that

I asked to speak to someone to clear up whatver the problem is but, no, there was no one I could speak with. I may have figured out why, though.

I asked for the bag to be shipped to my local Saks so that I could pick it up there. (reason is because my house is in a very rural area where I can't get regular mail delivered so I use my mother in law's address "in town" for all my mail - including banking and everything.) Anyway, I do not want the package to go to her house so I asked them to ship to the store and I will pick it up from them. I figured with Saks reputation for world class customer service this would not be a problem.

I realize now that this may be "fishy" to them. Is it silly of me to ask that it be shipped this way? In my mind it made perfect sense to entrust Saks to transfer my big purchase to my local store where I could pick up in person but perhaps they don't see it the same way?

I asked to speak to someone to clear up whatver the problem is but, no, there was no one I could speak with. I may have figured out why, though.

I asked for the bag to be shipped to my local Saks so that I could pick it up there. (reason is because my house is in a very rural area where I can't get regular mail delivered so I use my mother in law's address "in town" for all my mail - including banking and everything.) Anyway, I do not want the package to go to her house so I asked them to ship to the store and I will pick it up from them. I figured with Saks reputation for world class customer service this would not be a problem.

I realize now that this may be "fishy" to them. Is it silly of me to ask that it be shipped this way? In my mind it made perfect sense to entrust Saks to transfer my big purchase to my local store where I could pick up in person but perhaps they don't see it the same way?
I do not think that is the problem.
My SA at Saks did offer me last 2 weeks let she has it ships to the store where I can either pick up or she ship to another address for me while was out of town.

May be you have never order from that SAKs, that was why.

I'm not sure why they won't let you buy, I've not heard of that before. :confused1: But I don't think it's strange to ship your bag to a local Saks for pick up. I've done that before especially for bags I am unsure about. That way, I could inspect it in the store and if it's not up to my standards, I can return it on the spot.

This is super strange. Maybe she was new. How is it that there is no one above her that you can speak to? There is always someone above someone else. I would call the Saks closest to you and have them order it for you so you can pick it up.

OK, I called my local Saks and let them know that the transferring location had refunded my money. She told me she would call the location and figure out what happened. I then got a call back from the transferring location, same person who told me my money would be refunded, and she pretty much reiterated that a 3rd party authorization system, for reasons unknown to her (security purposes, apparently) had decided to not authorize her to ship the item to the local store here- even though, yes, my card had cleared payment. She said we could try with another card and I said I didn't understand because this card had already cleared and they were refunding my money.
She asked if I had a Saks charge and I said no and she said did I want to open one and try that and I said No and then I said again, "So I cannot buy this bag?" and she offered to just get my info all over again and run the same card. Well, I didn't know what would happen since she refunded and wanted to charge again all in the same day so I told her I would let her know. I would hate to mess up my card by overcharging since I have a semi-decent rate right now. Plus, what good would it do if we don't know the reason for the rejection?
Ok, anyway, she was very nice all this time, mind you, I didn't feel that she had an attitude at all, it just sounded like her hands were tied because she had no info either and since it was the 3rd party system, she could not allow me to speak with them. I guess if the funds clear back onto my card safely I may try it all again afresh but, honestly, I am worn out. I have been going back and forth on this all day .
I may be going to FL this summer and might just drop in on that location to see if they still have it - and buy it with CASH. Though by the time I am there I'm sure it'll be scooped up.