Saks will not let me buy -?!

HHMM, Saks in Naples Florida, to the best of my knowledge does not have a Chanel Boutique inside, maybe I'm wrong, or maybe they took your business hoping they could locate the bag at another Saks and split the commission, whichever it was, you were wronged., keep after them to get you the bag you want, if you still want it. If you want info on the General Manager down here in FLA., let me know.

OK, I got some calls yesterday.

By noon I didn't hear back from anyone so I sent an email to Mr. Sadove. It basically relates the whole affair and asks him why I should continue to do business with his company after this experience. The response seems to be a lot of people passing the buck on to other people.

Almost as soon as I clicked send, the SA at Naples, Lela, called me back to apologize for the whole situation. It must have been a coincidence because there would not have been time for her to have been contacted in regards to my email. Lela explained that she could only work with what the system would allow and said that she could run my info again, sans CC payment, and see if she could get approval for the shipment. If approved she would call me to confirm if I wanted to go ahead and pay, and we would take it from there. I appreciated that she called me with some sort of solution this time and told her I would give her an opportunity to sell the purse to me if she could sort it out and call me back to get clearance to charge the card.

Shortly after this call, I was contacted by the Head of Customer Service (whose name I did not write down and had forgotten by the end of the phone call) who said that Mr. Sadove had sent my email to her and asked her to take up the matter. She firstly apologized and assured me that this was not the image that her company wished to project. Anyway, I told Head-of-CS that if it was an issue of confirming my identity I would have been willing to go to the local store to issue payment or show ID or whatever, but my problem is that I had been dismissed without an opportunity to work things out. She didn't exactly confirm that this was the problem but she did say that the system sometimes makes mistakes and that there should not have been a problem with my purchase and it was probably some issue with the shipping address not matching the billing address. She assured me that she would get to the bottom of the issues and let me know. Then she asked me if I was still interested in the bag. I said yes. I assumed at this point that she would be getting back with me.

Later I get a call from Lela who said that they were overnighting the bag to my local store and it would be there tomorrow or the next day depending on if it was too late to overnight yet or not. She did not ask for my card number again (do they keep this info on file?) so I took this to mean that I could go and pick it up and pay for the item in store at pickup if I decide to buy it. Well, I was wrong. I admit it was terribly remiss of me not to confirm this while I had her on the phone. They have indeed gone ahead and charged my card again and the bag is apparently on its way to my local store.

It is obvious that Lela spoke w/ Ms. Head-of-CS who took my expression of enduring interest to mean "yes charge me right now" and told Lela to charge the sale and ship the bag. In my mind, yes I am interested, but I kinda meant to hear an answer why I should continue to shop with them first. Yes, I realize they are willing to take my $3000 now that I have raised a big fuss, however Why should I give it to them? It took a week to get them to deal with this properly. The manager at Naples treated me like I didn't matter, they charged up my credit card and then dismissed me as a customer. I spent all weekend wondering if my money was green enough for these people and if my card had been stolen or if there was just a snafu with the bag sale.

Yes, Lela apologized and finally was able to assist me ( I actually quite like her through all this for she was the most sincere person I have dealt with). And yes, I got a call from Head-of-CS after my long email to the CEO, but she didn't call back to follow up with my complaints later that day or make sure that I had been taken care of as I should have been to begin with. Then they forced through the sale to settle the matter. They will probably show Mr. Sadove the receipt - "See, she bought it so she's happy now".
I feel like CEO pushed responsibility off to CS, and then CS pushed to SA, and the SA simply wasn't empowered to assist me in the first place but was left to kiss my derriere in the end.

^yikes. At the end of the day, do you want the bag? If so, then alls well in the end. Agreed it has not been handled well, although escalated. I agree that the head of C/S seems like she wanted it off your plate. Did you give SA permission to keep your CC info on file? Don't see how they could have just recharged you.

I do recognize the effort they put in to apologize and make it right. Maybe they haven't been perfect but we are all just people (and computers). I've decided as long as the bag is up to my standards then I will take it and be happy about it!

I do recognize the effort they put in to apologize and make it right. Maybe they haven't been perfect but we are all just people (and computers). I've decided as long as the bag is up to my standards then I will take it and be happy about it!

Good for you!!! That is a great way to look at it after all of your headaches from the situation. I hope your bag arrives quickly and I'm sure you'll totally love it! :biggrin:

OK, Here's an abbreviated update on the situation.

I called in the morning to see if the store had the package yet and was told to call back around 2pm when the mail usually arrives. At 1:45 I called back and they said the FEDEX truck had arrived but my bag wasn't on it. 5 minutes after we hung up they called back and said they'd found it.

I drove an hour to pick up the bag. The SA from Naples included a note and a bottle of Cristalle Eau Vert (heavenly!) but there was a deep scratch on the back of the bag. There were other scuffs and such that seemed superficial and which I could have overlooked but this was a cut that went through the top layer of the leather, revealing a suede-like texture underneath. It was damaged. I am working on uploading a picture somewhere and will share it as soon as I can.

Pretty lame. The SA on duty was very helpful (someone I have never spoken to before) and he called around and found me another one from somewhere, verified that it was in better condition, and had it over-nighted (which means it'll be here Monday).

what a drama! sorry to hear all the BS that u went through to purchase your bag...
i can't help thinking..lela should be the last person to handle ur bag before it was shipped to ur local SUKs? Didn't she check the bag before she box it? I don't think she is as nice and sincere as you think she is. If it was me, she will not get my business again. what is the point of sending a damage bag? If i were the sa/customer service, i would make sure i send a perfect looking bag to make peace. sending a damage bag definitely aggravate the situation further. i feel no sincerity and apologetic mood here.

i hope you get a real perfect one this time.GL.

I can not believe the SA didn't check the bag......I'd report her to the manager
U should have had special treatment after all that...there is no excuse for a damaged bag.
I would have banned myself from SAks for good after that.seriously!

I've decided that I need this bag and want to deal with someone local. Unfortunately Sak's is the only option for me. The next closest place would be a Neiman's or Chanel store which is a 5 hour drive away.
I will get the bag I want, and after all I have been through with them, Sak's is going to make it right if I have to ride their butts every step of the way.
Here's the pic of the scratch:
232323232%7Ffp53994%3Enu%3D926%3A%3E%3A%3B4%3E257%3EWSNRCG%3D33%3A5%3C4%3C596348nu0mrj

:wtf::wtf::wtf:
OMG! That's horrible!! Those scratches and scuff marks are so noticeable I can't believe someone didn't do anything about it! How incredibly ridiculous! You should never give them your business after this again, you deserve to get your bag without so much drama! I hope everything turns out right for you!