Saks Vs. Nordstrom

For all the complaining about Saks and Neimans that goes on these boards, I've had more issues with Nordstroms than either Saks or Neimans. Actually, I've never had any issues with Neimans or Saks...

what do you think your friend meant by that?

At least if they have to go through hell in a handbasket, the customer never sees any of that, which is the goal...and awesome.

I'm in the Northwest and Nordie's started up here, and I love the company with all my heart. They have definitely stayed true to specific ideals and I can appreciate that. Saks has a lot to offer as well, but from what I have heard from people with ordering and returning, if I can get the same product at Nordie's I will continue to do so. If Saks has something I am sure that I want more than anything, and Nordie's doesn't offer it, I have no problem shopping at Saks. But I would prefer to give my business to N.

You know, I have no idea. I tend to think that they DO have to jump through hoops and put up with quite a bit and make sure the customer never ever sees or hears anything other than "how may I assist you, my pleasure, have a wonderful day". I do remember many years ago, when I was applying for a part time job, I had to be there at 4:45 pm for my shift. Part time night started at 5pm and lasted till 10pm. DH didn't get home till 5:30 and that was IF the Beltway was running well. Plus, we had 2 children- 1 a baby at the time. So I said that I could not be there at 4:30, due to the situation. The HR person responded with "can't your husband find another job?" :wtf:

Needless to say, I did NOT work at Nordstrom. So, add that in with my GF's responses and I think there is far more than we know that goes on behind the scenes; and it probably isn't a cake-walk for the employees.

Actually, I've never had any issues with Neimans or Saks...
Me either! Or Bergdorf's or Barney's for that matter. I am a very good customer (too good in my husband's opinion, LOL). Honestly, I've never, ever had even a tiny issue with these stores either on-line or in-person and I have spend more than my fair share with them. :tup:

Nothing against Nordstrom, but I do love Saks. I've never had a problem with either, but my Saks has better things than my Nordstrom, so I tend to prefer Saks. I'm also "known" in Saks, and each time I'm in Nordstrom I'm pretty much met with a blank stare (which is probably due to the fact the Nordstrom has more traffic).

Nordstrom is the best! They have the best customer service and return policy. Also, their sales associates tend to be friendlier.

I totally agree!!! I ordered some red Ugg boots (Carrie on Sex & the City had this pair) online at Nordstrom, but the order kept getting delayed because of the manufacturer. Nordstrom would send me e-mail reminders periodically letting me know that the item was on back-order and that my credit card would not be charged until the item was shipped to me.

Well, it took about 6 months for the Ugg boots to arrive (again, manufacturer problem - not Nordstrom's problem), so when I got the boots, Nordstrom had also sent me a $20 gift certificate to apologize for the delay in my order!!! Wow!!! Ironically, I wound up returning the Uggs boots about a week after I got them!!! But, I was able to keep the $20 Nordstrom gift certificate to use towards another purchase.

Nordstrom has a great return policy, their SAs are polite (most of them), and they have great service. I even found a really nice SA that I like to work with at Nordstrom!!

Nordie's has great customer service but I've had equally good service at Saks- they even took back a Moncler jacket that I had worn the hell out of for six months after the zipper broke. No questions asked, immediately credited the amount to a purchase I was making. I've also had great luck with Saks.com and Saks Direct. I like Nordstrom for their shoes but find their men's rtw and accessories to be really lacking.

No issue with Barney's- not a all a fan of Neiman's though.