SAKS- For those near Maryland

sorry for bumping this old thread but i wanted to add my experience for anyone interested in visiting. after years of wanting to go, i finally made the trip yesterday. it seems that the lotto system has slightly changed over the years.

numbered tickets are distributed between 9:50-10 am. the store is only open from 10-3 on tues-fri. numbers are random, so arriving first really doesn't mean anything. anyone who arrives after the numbers have been distributed has to wait till everyone else's numbers are called. low number vs high doesn't mean anything. my DH and i were the first ones to arrive (way too early based on old info) and received #s 57 and 58- DH was the 2nd number called, but mine wasn't randomly called till probably halfway through. the crowd was "light" compared to usual (according to a reseller), and there were probably about 35 people lined up at opening. the resellers know not to waste time and get there early, so they arrive just about at 9:50. most of the crowd were indeed resellers who go everyday- the staff know them by name.

there are 2 cases (1 for nicer shoes and bags and 1 for sunglasses and jewelry) inside where you have to give your name and line up again. each shopper is called individually and has 5 minutes to shop the case. no talking, hand or eye gestures allowed. you have to purchase those items on the spot, no holds.

it's definitely an overwhelming experience. you just grab what you like and then sort when you have a second. keep your items close to you because people will start looking through your pile. there are no shopping carts or baskets.

shoes: tons of manolos, jimmy choo, some ferragamo, tods, older valentinos, giuseppe zanotti, aquazarra, saint laurent, balmain for men, etc. most of the shoes were worn or damaged. for example, they had tons of jimmy choo veto sandals for only $56, but all of them were missing some studs, and most had worn soles too. any shoes with ankle straps were missing them, strappy sandals were usually broken, etc. prices are so tempting though! gucci seemed to be the most coveted amongst the resellers.

in the case, there were some satin and crystal manolos, pair of valentino rockstud platform pumps and jelly thong sandals, and a couple pairs of CLs. by the time it was my turn, the only CLs left was a size 38, slightly damaged, and priced at 299.

bags: didn't see anything extraordinary. there was a leather longchamp for less than $40.

clothes: the racks are organized by color- not size or designer, so you have to dig. again, most items were damaged. i bought an alexander mcqueen jacquard dress for $120. the only thing wrong with it seems to be a makeup stain along the neckline. this alaia dress had a torn neckline but was priced at $199. saw a black herve leger dress for $199 as well. there were also a few racks of evening gowns.

men's: the casual clothing section was terrible. there were a lot of suits though. the 'good' shoes were snapped up by resellers.

let me know if you have any specific questions! i'd suggest making a trip if you don't mind digging for a good bargain and if you have a good seamstress or shoe cobbler to fix things.

Reactions: Black Elite