Saint Laurent YSL Jamie Bag

It definitely feels more delicate than it is— I also sprayed apple guard water resistant spray which makes droplets just roll off.

The black is currently on sale on ssense.com!
Hello! I received the medium size Jamie in black for Christmas and would love any input on how to treat/pretreat/handle this delicate leather. I do have Apple Guard but would never have thought to use it. What can I use to clean it? Thanks!

Hello! I received the medium size Jamie in black for Christmas and would love any input on how to treat/pretreat/handle this delicate leather. I do have Apple Guard but would never have thought to use it. What can I use to clean it? Thanks!

Just use a leather conditioner (apple leather conditioner is good) all over and then wait a few hours or a day to dry and then spray the apple guard evenly all over. For maintenance, to keep the leather waterproofed, you probably need to spray it every few months.

Hello everyone, I have red Ysl Jamie. I find it quite delicate, and wonder do you have any suggestions on products I could use for cleaning and conditioning the leather? Any advice would be most helpful:smile:

For those with the medium Jamie, can I ask what you carry in there on a usual basis? I'm torn because I went into a YSL boutique last night thinking I wanted either a medium LouLou or Niki, but neither made my heart sing...then I saw the Jamie online in the dark legion red color and I swooned. But I'm worried it will feel too small if I was in the market for a medium-size bag? ...thanks in advance!!

For those with the medium Jamie, can I ask what you carry in there on a usual basis? I'm torn because I went into a YSL boutique last night thinking I wanted either a medium LouLou or Niki, but neither made my heart sing...then I saw the Jamie online in the dark legion red color and I swooned. But I'm worried it will feel too small if I was in the market for a medium-size bag? ...thanks in advance!!
I personally would not use my Jamie bag ever single day (although i am tempted to because it's so beautiful). The leather is beautiful and soft and more durable than people think. However it is not intended for daily use or a work horse bag. It is more for casual outings, weekends, dinners, shopping etc. If you want a medium size bag i would suggest you have a look at the Giant Jamie, that is in fact a good medium sized bag. The Niki and LouLou bags are more durable for everyday. :smile:

Hello everyone, I have red Ysl Jamie. I find it quite delicate, and wonder do you have any suggestions on products I could use for cleaning and conditioning the leather? Any advice would be most helpful:smile:
I don't use any products on mine. The natural oils from out fingers etc moisturise the bag. However there are products specifically made for delicate leather products, perhaps search the Chanel forum for 'lambskin' they might have some good suggestions.

Reactions: nikkich
I personally would not use my Jamie bag ever single day (although i am tempted to because it's so beautiful). The leather is beautiful and soft and more durable than people think. However it is not intended for daily use or a work horse bag. It is more for casual outings, weekends, dinners, shopping etc. If you want a medium size bag i would suggest you have a look at the Giant Jamie, that is in fact a good medium sized bag. The Niki and LouLou bags are more durable for everyday. :smile:
Thank you!! I unfortunately have to use a (relatively) boring Tumi work tote for my "every day" bag because I have to schlep my laptop and too many things too and from work. I'm looking for a weekend bag but probably more for casual daytime type outings than fancy...and even though I baby my bags I may not be ready for the delicate lambskin yet even though I really want it! Such a beautiful looking bag :smile:

Some photos of the Saint Laurent Jamie lambskin bag

Attachments

• AEEED4FA-68ED-48B9-AD8C-2BA584BC13A9.jpeg
    AEEED4FA-68ED-48B9-AD8C-2BA584BC13A9.jpeg
    473.4 KB · Views: 181
  • 48CB9769-7723-4BC0-A00C-63FCF07BB4B8.jpeg
    48CB9769-7723-4BC0-A00C-63FCF07BB4B8.jpeg
    161.9 KB · Views: 185
  • 222619F1-1F0C-4100-B673-EF702758B807.jpeg
    222619F1-1F0C-4100-B673-EF702758B807.jpeg
    287.7 KB · Views: 197
  • A0717957-A875-4B32-A766-4C4A008636CB.jpeg
    A0717957-A875-4B32-A766-4C4A008636CB.jpeg
    132.6 KB · Views: 198
Singer Rose from band Blackpink wearing three different versions of the Saint Laurent YSL Jamie bag including the new ‘Baguette Jamie 99’ style.

Attachments

• 509AAEAF-B7BE-47A0-A0DB-F118B81FE649.jpeg
    509AAEAF-B7BE-47A0-A0DB-F118B81FE649.jpeg
    387.9 KB · Views: 146
  • 860EA902-6C78-4170-9A62-056316068093.jpeg
    860EA902-6C78-4170-9A62-056316068093.jpeg
    387.2 KB · Views: 147
  • BCD67E26-3B4C-422E-BEAD-CE2218ED74D1.jpeg
    BCD67E26-3B4C-422E-BEAD-CE2218ED74D1.jpeg
    205.7 KB · Views: 141
I recently acquired this Jamie in this beige/taupe color, it seems so delicate and I've yet to wear it anywhere due to Corona, but there was a little mark on the handle and I tried to clean it with Apple Brand leather cleaner + conditioner and it only got a little bit worse! I spot tested on the inside flap and the area I spot tested got a little more splotchy and dark. I would say the leather behaves more similar to untreated leather in that it darkens when it gets wet. When it's just water, the darkened color goes away completely when dry, but I would hesitate to apply anything to it.
That said, I love the color and style and have had my eyes on it forever, don't know how it wears just yet since I've yet to wear it out!

upload_2020-5-13_22-43-24.png

I recently acquired this Jamie in this beige/taupe color, it seems so delicate and I've yet to wear it anywhere due to Corona, but there was a little mark on the handle and I tried to clean it with Apple Brand leather cleaner + conditioner and it only got a little bit worse! I spot tested on the inside flap and the area I spot tested got a little more splotchy and dark. I would say the leather behaves more similar to untreated leather in that it darkens when it gets wet. When it's just water, the darkened color goes away completely when dry, but I would hesitate to apply anything to it.
That said, I love the color and style and have had my eyes on it forever, don't know how it wears just yet since I've yet to wear it out!

View attachment 4730063

I bought some collonil water and stain preventative spray for my camel colored jamie (it’s just slightly darker than yours) and it’s miraculously held water stains at bay.