Saint Laurent Sac De Jour...

Hello everyone, and especially those who own a newer version of Sac de Jour in Small size. I bought a SDJ Small (the old structured version, with the central compartment being NOT detachable) but then sold it because i couldn't fit my Macbook Pro 13' in it and the bag was very heavy even empty. But my love for the design never died. Soon after that, they came up with lighter leather version with the central compartment being detachable. So i have been wondering if without a central compartment, a Macbook Pro 13' would fit? Also, the new souple version is growing on me, so i wonder if a 13' Macbook Pro would fit with the bag being less stiff and structured? Thanks

She is gorgeous! Have you tried putting an laptop in it? Do you think an MacBook Pro 13” would fit?
Yes, I would. But, this type of leather might be too soft for the heaviness of the laptop. In my opinion, I think the medium in the stiffer leather might work better. Are you able to try them and compare at a store like Neiman Marcus or something.

Reactions: angy
For those who are interested and planning a trip to Hong Kong soon...

Horizon Plaza's YSL outlet has a good stock of old medium SDJs in pebbled leather and grosgrain lining, along with some small SDJs, and, surprisingly, the classic black small SDJ with suede lining and gold hardware (non-removable pouch) is now selling for less than SGD2500 after conversion (can't rmb the HKD price), which is a super good deal. Kind of kicking myself now for getting my SDJ a few months too early since I really want the classic black one, but the suede lining is kind of a turn off for me...

Anyway the outlet there is literally YSL on steroids. I was stopped from taking a photo of A. Wang era Balencaiga fall 2015 runway bag (going for arnd SGD600 after conversion!!!) at Joyce Warehouse so I only dare to sneak this pic at YSL.

6244E9DD-8394-4AC9-A2F2-16D54F32527C.jpeg

Last edited: