Sage / Sunshine / Light Grey - Which Nikki?

Jan 22, 2008
I have finally narrowed it down to three contenders- I want to get a nice bag for summer that will go with a lot. I currently have a cloud grey Nikki and I love it. It is super versatile and a fantastically original and unique color.

I would like something similar, but at the same time I want this bag to be different enough it's worth having both. If I could afford it I'd buy lots and lots of Nikkis in many colors but since I can't I want to try to cover my whole (or most) wardrobe with the two bags.

I wear a lot of denim, a lot of navy / brown based stuff, some grey, and lots of brights. I rarely wear black or have black as a base.

Any help would be much appreciated!

I actually found a sage on ecrater. I'm thinking light gray myself as the most practical and versatile, but I love the sunshine! I loved the concord too, bought a MAM, and never used it... so I'm trying not to go on my gut here.

My only concern with the light gray is that it's so similar to cloud grey and it might be a little boring?

I actually found a sage on ecrater. I'm thinking light gray myself as the most practical and versatile, but I love the sunshine! I loved the concord too, bought a MAM, and never used it... so I'm trying not to go on my gut here.

My only concern with the light gray is that it's so similar to cloud grey and it might be a little boring?

The sage Nikki on ecrater has mismatched panels, just FYI...

I've never seen it IRL, but basically the panels don't match. It would bother me...but I suppose some people wouldn't care. But that bag has been up on ecrater for several months - and that probably accounts for the lower price.

Well that worries me a little that no one has bought it even though it's so rare. I think I'm going to pass on that one!

Thanks for the tip.

So I guess it's down to sunshine or light grey. Or Fawn! I forgot about fawn.

I was pretty set on another Nikki but after exploring a bunch of older threads now I am curious about the Devote!

This is hard! You gals were so helpful when I bought my first bag and got the Cloud Grey Nikki (which I love) I am hoping you can make this decision easier as well!

ok, now that you threw fawn in there, I'd go with a fawn. I like the sunshine but agree desi that it might not be a year round bag. I'd hesitate on having two grey bags since your cloud grey is already versatile enough for you. These two bag should hopefully cover most of your wardrobe.

I vote LIGHT GRAY!!

Since you wear a lot of navy colors and also bright colors, I think the LG Nikki would be gorgeous. Simple style and classic color that goes with everything under the sun. Your navy wardrobe and a Light Gray Nikki would complement each other beautifully, IMO. Light gray has different color complexities than the CG, so I wouldn't be worried about having two similar bags. I almost bought a LG bag a while ago, but found a similar color in another brand. I love the smooth, clean look of the leather. It's tres chic! :tender:

That said, I do love the Sage color too, but the one on ecrater does have the mismatched panels, like others pointed out. If you find one that is in perfect condition, though, please disregard my profession of love for the LG, and get the Sage!! :tup: