Saffiano Super Fakes-Buyer Beware

During a trip to China with my daughter last year, I saw the most unbelievably "authentic" looking Prada fakes. I think I'm quite a savvy Prada customer I've bought at least 7 bags direct from the Prada store and numerous SLGS. These bags we saw in the market in Beijing were spot on! In some instances the only thing missing from the Prada bag was the Prada logo which they would apply in 5 minutes if you wanted. (I guess placing the bags on the shelf without the logo prevents them from getting arrested). In Hong Kong they took us upstairs in a small apartment to show us 'authentic' Hermes. I know, my curiousity will kill me! If I'm ever giving my 22 yo daughter advice on safe travel, she has asked whether following strangers up windy, dark stairs to a small apartment in a foreign country would apply. Touché! I didn't buy any of these bags, but now it sadly makes me second-guess all the bags I see during the course of my day and that's even more so why I'd only buy from the actual retailer or a reputable department store, it's more expensive but I believe most of these luxury bags will last a lifetime and will be handed down. Who wants to hand down or gift their niece a fake?
Sigh... Here I am living in Asia with plenty of China course mates and I often hear them sharing their AAA or Super fake buys from China! The prices for Super fake are not cheap, around $600SGD ($500USD) for a prada saffiano wallet. Most ridiculous thing was them sharing how they walked into these boutiques with Super fakes and those SA complimented on their bags and wallets OMG now I wonder how much do these SA actually know :sad:

Hello all. I just bought a prada wallet on chain (its called prada saffiano shoulder bag on ruelala). I have always bought my LV fr the boutique but this time I thought I would try out prada and ruelala just sent me notification so i bought it. I have not done research so i didnt know that there are super fakes out there. Has anyone had bad experience w ruelala? I know ideeli and myhabit were listed.

Hi i have no idea where to post this. But i recently purchased a prada saffiano double zipper bn2274 from this store in toronto that sales pre owned luxury items. They shipped it to their store in montreal where i picked it up aftee purchasing it. I got home looked at it and i had a feeling it was fake. The inside pocket has the little white tag with 175 as a number, but there is stitching below the snaps and also the r on the prada logo the right line of it isn't "curved" ill try posting more pictures soon. What do you guys think? Im thinking of returning it tomorrow. The size also feels wierd. View attachment 2482150
Hello,
I've a feeling you're talking about the same Store that i just visited today, is it on Bathurst and Queen st?
I was about to buy a Prada there too when something felt wrong about it.

In a way the counterfeiters have shot themselves in the foot with the super fakes. It will only encourage buyers to avoid ebay and the secondary market, and opt for the more expensive, but authentic, items directly from the Prada stores.

I recently bought a pair of CLs from SAKS. They arrived new of course, but it seems as if they had been tried on or exchanged. I'm certain that they are real; however, I was disappointed that they did not come as they would directly from the online CL boutique. I think my future purchases will always be directly from the CL boutique or in store shopping where I can be sure that I get a brand new never opened box. I've just heard several bait and switch stories and now I'm so nervous!

I recently bought a pair of CLs from SAKS. They arrived new of course, but it seems as if they had been tried on or exchanged. I'm certain that they are real; however, I was disappointed that they did not come as they would directly from the online CL boutique. I think my future purchases will always be directly from the CL boutique or in store shopping where I can be sure that I get a brand new never opened box. I've just heard several bait and switch stories and now I'm so nervous!

This is the Prada forum.

Has anyone had the unfortunate experience of getting a super fake bait and switch from a Prada boutique? I just bought my first saffiano vernice in nero from a boutique but it did not come from the back in an untouched box. I'm so worried about super fakes now :sad: I'm still within my exchange window so I'm thinking about exchanging it out for an untouched one just to be sure, but i don't know if that's being super paranoid or not?

I doubt it's fake but when an SA tries to give me a display bag I always ask for one from the back and if they say it's the only one I say I'll just order online and I leave.

Yeah I don't know i guess i wasn't thinking. I was tired and exchanging it from a smaller size to a bigger size so i was just like "okay done." I haven't bought Prada before either so i feel like i was a little unprepared. It must have been a display because she said to me "i have it in that color right here!" I'm probably just going to exchange it because there are some defects I'm not happy with anyway.

Sorry, been trying to read back on this thread but can't seem to find it - Is Gilt legit or not? They have a Saffi for $1760

Go to the search box and type in Gilt fake
IIRC there have been confirmed 'issues' with multiple brands
Personally I wouldn't touch Gilt. Bad enough that they "source from trusted (unnamed) third parties", but when they are caught red handed they make you go through hell to return the bag
There are plenty of other reputable places to buy. Assuming you have no interest in buying directly from Prada, that is

Go to the search box and type in Gilt fake
IIRC there have been confirmed 'issues' with multiple brands
Personally I wouldn't touch Gilt. Bad enough that they "source from trusted (unnamed) third parties", but when they are caught red handed they make you go through hell to return the bag
There are plenty of other reputable places to buy. Assuming you have no interest in buying directly from Prada, that is
Thanks, i did google reviews and major red flags came up. I will stay well away! I am most certainly interested in buying direct from Prada. Im actually going to Milan next month and was just checking prices etc and came across the Gilt site. It did seem too cheap.

Having been actively authenticating around here for entirely too long, I've seen a lot of changes in the world of counterfeit Prada bags. The latest misery for anyone that takes authenticating seriously has become the Saffiano Super Fake. Make no mistake about this, boys and girls, Super Fakes are incredibly difficult to spot. Myself and the other Prada authentication gals have seen our share of "authentic" Super Fakes on not only eBay, but also on historically trustworthy consignment sites. Most of the consignment shops have no clue they are selling counterfeit because unless you literally spend days evaluating details, a Super Fake is hard to spot.

I wanted to do this post to urge any of you "Desperately Seeking Saffianos" to shop with extreme caution. The only completely reliable source of authentic bags will always be a Prada boutique. Yes, you'll pay more but you know what you're getting. Even Prada boutiques are at risk for the old bait & switch game as long as they accept returns from customers. Insist on getting a newly boxed saffiano, don't settle for one that's been returned even if it's 75% off.

And a special note to the bottom feeding sleezoid counterfeiters that come to tPF for schooling in making a better fake: WE'VE GOT YOUR NUMBER!
I've just bought a Prada bag, I'm almost sure it's real, can someone help me authenticate it please?

Hello Tpf,
Just wanted to share my recent, very disappointing online shopping experience in Saks fifth Avenue. They sold me a fake Prada Saffiano Tote!!!! Be aware Ladies and gentlemen!!!! I received the bag today (filmed unboxing) and below are the pics I've taken:
AuthenticationCard.JPG Bottom.JPG Grey Flimsy box.JPG Inside Logo.JPG Logo.JPG Sides.JPG Snap button.JPG

Link: http://www.saksfifthavenue.com/main...4294912360+306622829+4294929607&bmUID=lLsFndd

In addition to this obvious signs, I could not even unzip the zippers without using so much force and it smelled terrible. I am not really sure what to feel about Saks fifth, this purchase was very disappointing and complete waste of my time. Now I have to make a trip to the store and return it. :sad: I'm not sure how often this happens but hope this raise awareness. :sad: :sad:

Last edited:
Hello Tpf,
Just wanted to share my recent, very disappointing online shopping experience in Saks fifth Avenue. They sold me a fake Prada Saffiano Tote!!!! Be aware Ladies and gentlemen!!!! I received the bag today (filmed unboxing) and below are the pics I've taken:
View attachment 3691037 View attachment 3691038 View attachment 3691039 View attachment 3691040 View attachment 3691041 View attachment 3691042 View attachment 3691043

Link: http://www.saksfifthavenue.com/main/ProductDetail.jsp?FOLDER<>folder_id=2534374306622829&PRODUCT<>prd_id=845524447043271&R=8055009430596&P_name=Prada&N=4294912360+306622829+4294929607&bmUID=lLsFndd

In addition to this obvious signs, I could not even unzip the zippers without using so much force and it smelled terrible. I am not really sure what to feel about Saks fifth, this purchase was very disappointing and complete waste of my time. Now I have to make a trip to the store and return it. :sad: I'm not sure how often this happens but hope this raise awareness. :sad: :sad:
Who told you it was fake?

Hello Tpf,
View attachment 3691037 View attachment 3691038 View attachment 3691039 View attachment 3691040 View attachment 3691041 View attachment 3691042 View attachment 3691043

Link: http://www.saksfifthavenue.com/main/ProductDetail.jsp?FOLDER<>folder_id=2534374306622829&PRODUCT<>prd_id=845524447043271&R=8055009430596&P_name=Prada&N=4294912360+306622829+4294929607&bmUID=lLsFndd

Why do you think its fake? Because of the Not Lined up Letters on the outer Logo? Go to Pradas web site and Neimans and blow up the photos very common issue with these hand applied Letters, no consistency from bag to bag, even saw it in person at Saks, Poor aesthetics even with Authentic Prada