Saffiano Hamilton VS saffiano Selma

MJ8798

Nov 24, 2012
Las Vegas
which one do you prefer? i just got the Selma in the luggage color and i'm really loving it. but also love the look of the hamilton(got the black with gold hardware) i'm debating if i want to return the hamilton or just keep both....ugh!

Jul 23, 2013
South MS
Well, I have both bags. I have the large black selma and e/w fuchsia hamilton. I love that my hami is pink, but the selma I think I prefer. I have come to hate the snap closure of the hamilton. It really gets on my nerves. Also, in general, I think the selma may be more popular than the hamilton. You just have to decide if you'll use the hamilton enough to warrant keeping it.

ubo22

O.G.
Jan 14, 2011
USA
I have both and would keep both. However, if you can only keep one then I'd keep the Selma over the Hamilton. Everything about the large Selma works for me. I love that it has a zipper opening. It's my every day bag. The Hamilton is gorgeous, too, but I have the n/s version, and it is a bit big and heavy for every day use. I use it days when I have extra stuff that I need to carry. :smile:

crispyspicy

Jun 16, 2014
I used to own a black Hamilton NS in leather, not saffiano. God, it's heavy! And yes right, I hate the snap closure too! I sold it away and now I'm waiting the jet set zip top tote in dark dune (the one with 2 side pockets), yippie! It wasn't love at first sight but when I went down to the boutique one day just to look around, I just took that bag and tried it on and wow... gosh I love how lightweight it is and it actually looks gorgeous when carried! I simply can't stand heavy bags. I like the size too, ain't too big nor too small. I personally like Selma too but I'm more a tote kind of person.

BAGLADY 3375

May 30, 2014
which one do you prefer? i just got the Selma in the luggage color and i'm really loving it. but also love the look of the hamilton(got the black with gold hardware) i'm debating if i want to return the hamilton or just keep both....ugh!
Keep them both if financially possible, you might have a change of heart after returning and the bag(s) you returned is now GONE. Sleep on it first. Made this mistake with a long faux fur vest with pockets once. Should have slept on it a few days. Now I think of it every fall/winter.

cberrie

Nov 5, 2014
Yaaay I'm so happy that you started this thread since I must wait a few more days to able so start a thread :smile: I have decided to get my first MK bag. First I was 100 % sure that I was going for the saffiano hamilton in black with gold hardware. But then thanks to a member here I discovered the large Selma satchel.. I have watched like very youtube video of them both and i just cant decide.. I LOVE the hamilton design.. the look and I really dont own any bag in that size. But I'm a little worried about the weight of carrying it around because of the size and leather.

I really like how the selma bag looks but in some of the pictures it looks quite small? I need a work/school bag to carry books, macbook air 13 and some paper. I saw in a video that while it does fit a macbook air you can almost not close it :/

Hmm what more.. yeah I dont have a MK store where I live so i cant go to the store and try out the bags :/ But I'm normal weight, 172 cm tall and my style is very classic and I usually go with the classic colours.. Also I think maybe the hamilton is very nice when traveling when you need the extra space in your handbag? Ugh... really cant decide :sad:

Last edited: