Saffiano Hamilton VS saffiano Selma

MJ8798

Nov 24, 2012
which one do you prefer? i just got the Selma in the luggage color and i'm really loving it. but also love the look of the hamilton(got the black with gold hardware) i'm debating if i want to return the hamilton or just keep both....ugh!

Well, I have both bags. I have the large black selma and e/w fuchsia hamilton. I love that my hami is pink, but the selma I think I prefer. I have come to hate the snap closure of the hamilton. It really gets on my nerves. Also, in general, I think the selma may be more popular than the hamilton. You just have to decide if you'll use the hamilton enough to warrant keeping it.

I have both and would keep both. However, if you can only keep one then I'd keep the Selma over the Hamilton. Everything about the large Selma works for me. I love that it has a zipper opening. It's my every day bag. The Hamilton is gorgeous, too, but I have the n/s version, and it is a bit big and heavy for every day use. I use it days when I have extra stuff that I need to carry. :smile:

I used to own a black Hamilton NS in leather, not saffiano. God, it's heavy! And yes right, I hate the snap closure too! I sold it away and now I'm waiting the jet set zip top tote in dark dune (the one with 2 side pockets), yippie! It wasn't love at first sight but when I went down to the boutique one day just to look around, I just took that bag and tried it on and wow... gosh I love how lightweight it is and it actually looks gorgeous when carried! I simply can't stand heavy bags. I like the size too, ain't too big nor too small. I personally like Selma too but I'm more a tote kind of person.

which one do you prefer? i just got the Selma in the luggage color and i'm really loving it. but also love the look of the hamilton(got the black with gold hardware) i'm debating if i want to return the hamilton or just keep both....ugh!
Keep them both if financially possible, you might have a change of heart after returning and the bag(s) you returned is now GONE. Sleep on it first. Made this mistake with a long faux fur vest with pockets once. Should have slept on it a few days. Now I think of it every fall/winter.

Yaaay I'm so happy that you started this thread since I must wait a few more days to able so start a thread :smile: I have decided to get my first MK bag. First I was 100 % sure that I was going for the saffiano hamilton in black with gold hardware. But then thanks to a member here I discovered the large Selma satchel.. I have watched like very youtube video of them both and i just cant decide.. I LOVE the hamilton design.. the look and I really dont own any bag in that size. But I'm a little worried about the weight of carrying it around because of the size and leather.

I really like how the selma bag looks but in some of the pictures it looks quite small? I need a work/school bag to carry books, macbook air 13 and some paper. I saw in a video that while it does fit a macbook air you can almost not close it :/

Hmm what more.. yeah I dont have a MK store where I live so i cant go to the store and try out the bags :/ But I'm normal weight, 172 cm tall and my style is very classic and I usually go with the classic colours.. Also I think maybe the hamilton is very nice when traveling when you need the extra space in your handbag? Ugh... really cant decide :sad:

Last edited: