Saddle Beatrice Big Bang Overflow sale ~

Ms.Lizardo

Feb 10, 2007
:yahoo:I received her last night. All I can say is the leather is DIVINE, and probably the nicest HH leather I have ever seen or felt. I can see why Stormy loves this leather so much. She pm'ed me last night and we are discussing some options for cleaning/restoring her. I could have just sprayed her with Wilson's and went with the worn in look (which I love) but thankfully Sotrmy pm'ed me before I sealed the dirt in. Here she is, without editing of pics, outside with no flash. I am welcome to comments. Heck good or bad I want to hear them. For $118 and a chance at a saddle Beatrice I am grateful!

IMG_2514.jpg

IMG_2501.jpg

IMG_2502.jpg

IMG_2503.jpg

IMG_2509.jpg

Ok...here's some more. I have the Beatrice stuffed with a t-sgirt for photo's. When I take it out it just collapses to a puddle.

IMG_2509.jpg

IMG_2505.jpg

IMG_2504.jpg

IMG_2506.jpg

And close-up of one corner, the worse one.

IMG_2508.jpg

So here are some more close-up, very close up of more of the water spot/marked areas.
Close up of the leather and interior.

Just for the record the description read "Only one of 50 ever made, this great small satchel is pretty worn. Leather is soft, some small surface stains, but overall in great shape."

Mind you the only thing I saw with any handle is of course darkening from use and a small teeny piece of edge sealant (1/4" underside of the handle) that I need to tack down w/ Bond 509. No evidence of any repairs or new stitching (?)

Someone loved this bag and used her regularly. The marks and patina she has didn't get there overnight. I'm kind of intrigued why they would sell it and who used her. I am happy with my purchase. The only thing I wish it had was the PM dustbag and PM bronze fob...but I am glad to get her!!
IMG_2511.jpg

IMG_2518.jpg

IMG_2517.jpg

IMG_2520.jpg

IMG_2519.jpg

Thanks Toni and True Religon!!!! The saddle leather has to be some of the finest HH ever made!!

As far as restoring her, I sent my BF out to Pepboys for the Lexol cleaner and conditioner products this morning. Stormy told me I have to be patient and clean her very good before applying the Wilson's in the end. I don't want her to look brand new, I love the worn in, Indiana Jones look .LOL.

I'm sure under Stormy's most knowledgeable guidance we can give Beatrice the attention and help she deserves to restore her to all her glory! Stormy did mention the option of sending her out to a place, but I kind of like doing it myself if I'm able. I used to love finding old killer Columbian leather backpacks and refurbishing them.

This is gonna be a fab project to watch! Please take step by step pics so we can watch the progress with you ok? Saddle is the best HH leather and you totally scored!

Thanks Cho!!! I will do some modeling pics tomorrow...starting to rain here in Fl, plus I go to work in an hour.

Miss Curley...I'm going to clean and spruce her up on advice of Stormy. Got some of the products this am.

While it was an awesome score overall, the stains would have made me loose my marbles. A little darkening or a little spotting on a rare beauty like this and I'd say ok... but this took nerve (IMHO) to resell online w/o detailed pics of the imperfections.

I'm delighted she has a loving home where she will only receive the best of care though! A bag couldn't ask for a better mom ;)

Ohhhh it's magnificent!!! :faint: I love the colour!!! It's not quite camel, not quite beige, and not quite blush. It's so unique that they invented their own name for it-- saddle! :nuts: Congrats on your beauty and have a blast restoring her! :yahoo: