SAD! My bag arried, in a weird shape!!

dryad

O.G.
May 30, 2006
Remember this bag? I just received it today and it's in very weird shape. It's like missing a big chunk from the left side of the bag....I tried but it's hard leather and I don't think I can change the shape!!!:crybaby: :crybaby: :crybaby: I'm very upset now...!!!

Attachments

• front1.jpg
    front1.jpg
    138.7 KB · Views: 155
  • back1.jpg
    back1.jpg
    135.5 KB · Views: 151
One of my hard leather bags had the same problem. I used a hair dryer and it helped. The heat helps the leather relax back into it's original shape. It helps more when there is something pushing against it. A good example would be when you have new leather shoes and they change their shape at the front a little to mould your feet.

What I would do with your bag is...
1. stuff it full with clothes as much as you can, paying special attention in trying to fill out the corners
2. put the bag into it's dustbag
3. pull the dustbag back against the concerned area
4. blow your hair dryer on the concerned ares
5. let it heat up
6. keep it blowing on the area for at least 30sec
7. have a check
8. repeat if required

I do the same for all my shoes cos my feet are sensitive. I need to wear the leather in before I wear them. I just wear some socks, wear the shoe and blow with the hair dryer and this accelerates the stretching of the leather.

With your handbag it would be different cos there won't be as much pressure exerted on the inside of the bag as there is with a foot in a shoe.

Good luck with it!

One of my hard leather bags had the same problem. I used a hair dryer and it helped. The heat helps the leather relax back into it's original shape. It helps more when there is something pushing against it. A good example would be when you have new leather shoes and they change their shape at the front a little to mould your feet.

What I would do with your bag is...
1. stuff it full with clothes as much as you can, paying special attention in trying to fill out the corners
2. put the bag into it's dustbag
3. pull the dustbag back against the concerned area
4. blow your hair dryer on the concerned ares
5. let it heat up
6. keep it blowing on the area for at least 30sec
7. have a check
8. repeat if required

I do the same for all my shoes cos my feet are sensitive. I need to wear the leather in before I wear them. I just wear some socks, wear the shoe and blow with the hair dryer and this accelerates the stretching of the leather.

With your handbag it would be different cos there won't be as much pressure exerted on the inside of the bag as there is with a foot in a shoe.

Good luck with it!

Sounds professional...worth trying, thanks!:smile:

God, I just love that bag!!

It's a bummer if it got a little smooshed during shipment, definitely try stuffing it, heating it, and leaving it stuffed to cool and sit for a bit. Remember, it should hang and gain a different shape when you carry it with stuff in it, too.